Lady Gaga's Personal Assistant Sues, Says She Was Star's Slave

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
After 13 months of working for the star, the 41-year-old O'Neill is suing for hundreds of thousands of dollars. While on payroll, she handled Gaga's schedule, finances, food, and anything else she needed, day or night. The court papers go into more detail, saying she ensured "the promptness of a towel following a shower and serving as a personal alarm clock to keep [Gaga] on schedule... with no breaks for meals or, at times, even sleep.” Which... kind of sounds like the job description of a personal assistant?

Lady Gaga's Personal Assistant Sues, Says She Was Star's Slave: Gothamist

Let's assume everything the assistant claims is true...

Are there certain jobs that require "round the clock" duties and ridiculous hours? Are these people being victimized unlawfully, or does it come with the territory?

I'm torn. No one deserves to be treated like a slave, but unlike slavery, a personal assistant always has the option of quitting.

Comments?

Sounds like she was a salaried employee and that was what she signed on for.
Being her personal assistant I'm sure came with the hugh benefits she's leaving out, flying on a private jet, staying at five star hotels, eating at the best places, so forth and so on.
Put me on the jury, not guilty, next case.

If it was so awful why did she do it for 13 months before she quit? It's a bullshit lawsuit, in my opinion. She is just trying to get free money out of her.

They don't say why she left, but I think y'all are right. According to one of the comments on the article, employment contracts in the entertainment industry are very detailed. She was not entitled to overtime,and even if she was, she should not have waited 13 months to try and collect.

I think we can predict GaGa will win this one. Maybe the girl was just pissed off that she couldn't sell her story to the Enquirer.

Forum List

Back