Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Album Banned In Lebanon

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA

r-GAGA-JUDAS-large570.jpg

Lady Gaga's religious firestorm may have blown over in the United States, but the government of Lebanon found it so enflaming that they've banned the popstar's new album from the country's stores.

Multiple reports say that the Lebanese government impounded shipments of "Born This Way," the already-platinum album due to its alleged insults to Christianity and its all around "bad taste."

The Lebanese government has made clear their distaste in Gaga, having already banned her single "Judas" from the airwaves. That song caused a brief ruckus in the United States, too, as conservative religious leaders, including those from the Catholic League, initially protested the song's lyrics and pending video.

"This is a stunt... Lady Gaga tries to continue to shock Catholics and Christians in general: she dresses as a nun... she swallows the rosary. She has now morphed into a caricature of herself," Catholic League President Bill Donohue said in a statement before the video came out.

He then sang a somewhat different tune, waving off the video as a mess and incoherent.

According to Metro UK, the song "Born This Way" was banned from radio play by the government of Malaysia, too. In response to that banning, Gaga, responded, "What I would say is for all the young people in Malaysia that want those words to be played on the radio, it is your job and it is your duty as young people to have your voices heard."

"Born This Way" went platinum in its first week out, selling 1.1 million copies in the United States alone.

Did you have any doubts it would fly there? Imagine..telling girls they are alright...just they way they are.

Did you have any doubts it would fly there? Imagine..telling girls they are alright...just they way they are.

Its not like it matters anyways with the internet the kids can just download it, its crazy though because Lebanon has a very interesting night life and there are gay night clubs there.

Its not like it matters anyways with the internet the kids can just download it, its crazy though because Lebanon has a very interesting night life and there are gay night clubs there.

As with everything... sometimes the message is what they fear the most. Any excuse to ban something will be used.

I like her. I like her in the face attitude.

As with everything... sometimes the message is what they fear the most. Any excuse to ban something will be used.

Her songs are great for dancing in the club however when you ban something, it just makes people want it more. Just like teens and alcohol here in the US, drinking is banned for anyone under 21 so that just makes kids want it more and seek it out.

Her songs are great for dancing in the club however when you ban something, it just makes people want it more. Just like teens and alcohol here in the US, drinking is banned for anyone under 21 so that just makes kids want it more and seek it out.

I agree. But it will not stop people from trying to censor.

I find it funny they ban Lady Gagas album but they allow a slew of rap music in that talks about violence, dope money, sluts etc

I find it funny they ban Lady Gagas album but they allow a slew of rap music in that talks about violence, dope money, sluts etc

yeah... but, as i said. If you listen to what she is saying in born this way....its about women (men also) being just fine the way they are no matter what anyone else thinks.

For some...that is sedition!

yeah... but, as i said. If you listen to what she is saying in born this way....its about women (men also) being just fine the way they are no matter what anyone else thinks.

For some...that is sedition!

You are correct, female empowerment is a big issue over there especially when they have Hezbollah pretty much running the show.

Forum List

Back