Lady Gaga: real talent. seriously.

The song that she played in that video is definitely way to different from what she's been up to right now. And looking at her before, she looks like a fragile girl. :)

Has anybody seen the new Marry the Night video? If not, i could post it.

That woman (I refuse to call ger by that idiotic name) does have talent, there's no doubt about it. I don't like any of her insipid music and I reject her and the too popular "self-promotion-is-everything" way that pop music works these days.

People like her, fine, I'm just proud to say that she's never gotten one dime of my money.

I saw 2 Monster Ball Tours this year. Freakin' awesome. Lady Gaga is not just a musician. She is a concept. A philosopy. A way of life. She isn't just a gal playing a piano but she is Art, Music, and Theater all rolled into one. And, Lady Gaga isn't a stage performance but she lives out her life as the Lady Gaga she created. I think people either get that or they don't. If they do, they become devoted Little Monsters. If not, then they just don't get what she is all about.

And, why does every musician have to be compared to everyone else? Let Gaga be Gaga. And, if she is a flash in the pan and isn't around making music tomorrow, so what? I can enjoy her today. I think she is a lot of fun.

And, why does every musician have to be compared to everyone else? Let Gaga be Gaga. And, if she is a flash in the pan and isn't around making music tomorrow, so what? I can enjoy her today. I think she is a lot of fun.
Lady Gaga is just a recycled Dale Bozzio. Her music is bland and tuneless.

This is what I call the dreaded "MTV Effect".

If you don't like her, you don't like her. I embrace her because she is pure fun and it makes me happy.

She actually has talent, but her face is only so-so. Great marketing strategy in today's beauty-means-more-than-talent world of bubblegum pop, where talent is no guarantee of success. Make yourself so outrageous that no one cares how you look, only what you are going to do/wear next.

It worked for Cyndi Lauper

If you don't like her, you don't like her. I embrace her because she is pure fun and it makes me happy.
I beg to differ. You're not embracing "her", you're embracing an "advertising and marketing campaign". She has publicists and writers sending out fake stories to the press who dutifully publish it because they know she sells.

In the early 70's it was Marie Osmond, now it's Lady Gaga. Same difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down for your choices in music but think about it; Will any of her music be played on the radio in 20 or 30 years? I doubt it.

Aren't there any Little Monsters here?

I'm not a "little monster" but I enjoy her music. We watched her Thanksgiving special and thought it was great...She is very talented and passionate...And it's cool how she reaches out to her fans as her Little Monsters so they feel less alienated in life.

I beg to differ. You're not embracing "her", you're embracing an "advertising and marketing campaign". She has publicists and writers sending out fake stories to the press who dutifully publish it because they know she sells.

In the early 70's it was Marie Osmond, now it's Lady Gaga. Same difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down for your choices in music but think about it; Will any of her music be played on the radio in 20 or 30 years? I doubt it.

No. I am embracing Lady Gaga and the concept that is Lady Gaga. And, whether she is here in 20 yrs or not, who gives a crap? I may not be here in 20 yrs. So what? I am enjoying her today.

Aren't there any Little Monsters here?

I'm not a "little monster" but I enjoy her music. We watched her Thanksgiving special and thought it was great...She is very talented and passionate...And it's cool how she reaches out to her fans as her Little Monsters so they feel less alienated in life.
You really have to see her in concert to really appreciate her. She gives every second of every performance her absolute, no holds barred ALL. You cannot walk away without admiring her on some level.

I need me some Gaga fans so we can wallow in the love together!! Hey people!

Well, just kick back and embrace her for the fun that she is. Enjoy!

Well, just kick back and embrace her for the fun that she is. Enjoy!

Oh I do.

I love the fact she channels Tarantino, Bowie, Marilyn Manson and a wealth of other influences in her art.

I am just not a hard core fan. I like about 10% of what she does.

I like the influence she had on this young man. And he's probably just the tip of the iceberg, as far as her influence goes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS4zEjU4FKw]Greyson Michael Chance Performing Paparazzi @ Ellen Show - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back