Ladies!

What's the most romantic thing a man or woman has done for you? Ever?

Met me at work, with flowers. Took me downtown, checked into Ritz-Carlton at John Hancock, then bought me clothes for theater and the weekend. That was a 'date.' Too bad the relationship didn't work out, but fond feelings do. I still remember the plays, "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?" and "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf." Was a very good weekend. Ever been to Lawry's? ;)

What's the most romantic thing a man or woman has done for you? Ever?

I'm easy.. What *I* consider the most romantic are the simple little things like simply saying "Was just thinking about you - I love you." That shit'll make my week; far more than the flowers, dinners, gifts, etc...

Picked me up from work as we had plans for me to help him find some clothes. He changed the plans by taking me to a park, pulling out a folding table and chairs from the trunk with a table cloth, candles, flowers, and a picnic dinner. It was nice.

Last edited:
I've had some men make the grand gestures. The roses, the shows, the proposal on top of the Empire State Building, all that stuff. But the most romantic things I can think of are the little every day things.

I've had some men make the grand gestures. The roses, the shows, the proposal on top of the Empire State Building, all that stuff. But the most romantic things I can think of are the little every day things.

I agree with that, for marriage and long term relationships. Even there though, the 'grand gestures' are fab.

I agree with that, for marriage and long term relationships. Even there though, the 'grand gestures' are fab.

Depends how it's done, I guess. They can be fab, or the man can be trying so hard to impress it's almost uncomfortable. I'd rather live without the grand gestures and have him just be himself.

Depends how it's done, I guess. They can be fab, or the man can be trying so hard to impress it's almost uncomfortable. I'd rather live without the grand gestures and have him just be himself.

If done too early in a relationship, I agree. However, the grand gestures, whether the special picnic or unannounced weekend, go a long way to building a feeling a specialness. Most of us can't afford those things, more than every year or so, but they are so special, they are the things of diaries.

came over to my house and woke me up on valentines day with chocolate and flowers.

If done too early in a relationship, I agree. However, the grand gestures, whether the special picnic or unannounced weekend, go a long way to building a feeling a specialness. Most of us can't afford those things, more than every year or so, but they are so special, they are the things of diaries.

I AM a fan of the unannounced weekend, I'll give you that.

It seems to me that almost every woman that's not insane prefers the tiny little gestures over the big elaborate production.

I made a CD once for the ms. that contained songs I thought best expressed our relationship, and she was putty in my hands for DAYS. I got way more reaction out of that than any big dinner, or night out, or jewelry has ever or will ever get.

I love women :D

It seems to me that almost every woman that's not insane prefers the tiny little gestures over the big elaborate production.

I made a CD once for the ms. that contained songs I thought best expressed our relationship, and she was putty in my hands for DAYS. I got way more reaction out of that than any big dinner, or night out, or jewelry has ever or will ever get.

See? If she posted her she would say that was the most romantic thing anyone's done for her I bet. Until you go to the new house and..................................

Paulie, I agree that it's the 'everyday' stuff that really matters, for building relationships. On the other hand, it's the grand gestures that are the things that build memories. It's the grand gestures, which don't have to cost $$, but are 'big', that we write, think, and share.

Granted, coming downstairs in the morning and finding the dishwasher on, the sink and counters clean matters and is something to show gratitude for, but it's sort of hard to write about in my journal.

I catch more shit for not leaving little love notes for her to find in her car in the morning when she leaves for the day, than just about anything else.

To you girls, the big gestures only mean that we're thinking of you right THEN. The small ones mean you're on our minds constantly. You get insecure wondering if we're thinking of you on a random Tuesday afternoon at 1:24 pm.

C'mon Annie, there's nothing sexier than a man who knows his way around the kitchen. ;)
But I guess "sexy" and "romantic" are two different things.

I catch more shit for not leaving little love notes for her to find in her car in the morning when she leaves for the day, than just about anything else.

To you girls, the big gestures only mean that we're thinking of you right THEN. The small ones mean you're on our minds constantly. You get insecure wondering if we're thinking of you on a random Tuesday afternoon at 1:24 pm.

I get the feeling this conversation is devolving into Mars and Venus...

But that's the romantic part. Not the money spent or effort involved, but the fact that you guys thought about it. About us. Silly!

I would never derail an EZ thread.

If the conversation goes south, I'm bailing out so as not to cause anymore potential derailment.

I would never derail an EZ thread.

If the conversation goes south, I'm bailing out so as not to cause anymore potential derailment.

We love you Paulie, and I love to hear a man's viewpoint too!

Romantic:

A loving note, a romantic poem, a love song sent, a sweet voice mail..................

All cost nothing but thought...............and makes me swoon! ;)

I do have to say a knock on the door at 9:30 on a Saturday morning with someone delivering flowers is a nice touch too! :D

Forum List

Back