Ladies of USMB.... A hypothetical conundrum for ya....

Update:

Dinner was fun. He staying the weekend. :eek:

Tonight, I'm dragging his ass ghosthunting..... in fact, that's why he stayed.... he wants to come with. I hope he doesn't scare easy. :lol::lol::lol:

You can go to dinner and just see how that goes. Don't talk about the SO breakup yet, try to keep things light and try to enjoy yourself.

A

Have fun!

Make him wait, it feeds the fires of desire.

We men are hunters at heart, the more difficult the pray the more satisfying the kill.

Not kill in a literal sense, just thought I would clear that up as you do live in California.

So. Supposin' you had recently broken up with a SO and some guy who you know reasonably well - say a friend of a family member - asked you out BUT..... You were kind of in a place where you're thinking 'I am SOOOOO not ready to be seeing anyone right now'.... BUT.... you also really do genuinely like the guy..... BUT.... he's offering to drive 2 hours to take you out for dinner and then turn around and drive back (clearly NOT expecting sex in return for dinner)..... Do you:

a. Say 'yep'.

b. Say 'no thanks'

c. Say 'yea, but... here's the thing... and explain where you're at'

Sheez.. Make up your mind... if your not ready, sit on the pity pot for a while longer, forget it...do the laundry..

If you want an adventure go for it, have fun without preconditions. Let your sun shine through..

Nothing bores I guy more than talking about old flames, forget that BS.

If he's willing to drive 2hrs. back and forth it's a good sign he thinks highly of you, just start off with a clean slate.

(by the way.. if he gets lucky.. I'm sure we all want to hear about it, for the Gals a romantic version, for the guys try to draw visions)

Last edited:
Glad you had a good time. How was ghost hunting?

Well I must admit, I do have a thing for Goth women.

If is fun to lick off all that black make up.

I think they should make it in licorice flavor.

Hmmm.. I would respond but the OP title said "Ladies of USMB"....

LOL, I love a good cop out like that....

So. Supposin' you had recently broken up with a SO and some guy who you know reasonably well - say a friend of a family member - asked you out BUT..... You were kind of in a place where you're thinking 'I am SOOOOO not ready to be seeing anyone right now'.... BUT.... you also really do genuinely like the guy..... BUT.... he's offering to drive 2 hours to take you out for dinner and then turn around and drive back (clearly NOT expecting sex in return for dinner)..... Do you:

a. Say 'yep'.

b. Say 'no thanks'

Go and have a good time.

If you don't, you'll always wonder what might have happened if you had.

If you go and have a rotten time, you never have to do it again.

If you go and have a great time....what better way to get over the rotten bastard that broke your heart, than to have a new fella?

I say give it a go.....AND....report back to us! :D

a. Say 'yep'.

b. Say 'no thanks'

I guess I'll break with convention and say 'b'. If you're not feeling ready, why put yourself through it and raise his hopes. Throw in the "here's the thing" talk and have him get back to you in 6 months if you want.

We just got back from ghosthunting. It was a blast!!! Some strange shit happened.... again.... LOL. I'm gonna do breakfast for the brave ghosthunters.

I think he's having a good time.... at least he says he doesn't want to go back later today.... He wants to stick around till Monday and drive back early.

If he knows what is good for him Ms. California, he will stick around a lot longer than Monday.

And so says all of me.

a. Say 'yep'.

b. Say 'no thanks'

I guess I'll break with convention and say 'b'. If you're not feeling ready, why put yourself through it and raise his hopes. Throw in the "here's the thing" talk and have him get back to you in 6 months if you want.

In truth, for a while, that was kinda my plan..... as it turned out, I'm thankful for those who said 'go for it'. It's been a good weekend and I needed a good weekend.

a. Say 'yep'.

b. Say 'no thanks'

In truth, for a while, that was kinda my plan..... as it turned out, I'm thankful for those who said 'go for it'. It's been a good weekend and I needed a good weekend.

I've never been 1 to take my own advice. I would probably do the date and just see what happened. But if my higher self were to take charge I'd probably go with 'b'.

Thank God my higher self mostly takes a backseat to my decisions. :)

I've never been 1 to take my own advice. I would probably do the date and just see what happened. But if my higher self were to take charge I'd probably go with 'b'.

Thank God my higher self mostly takes a backseat to my decisions. :)

LMAO. Mine too.

I certainly don't regret having gone with a. We had a blast.... and he's cool with a casual thing. :cool:

Forum List

Back