Ladies.... It's not how you look it's how you feel about it.

I like wearing corsets, but on the other hand, I started out with an hourglass-ish figure, and I have excellent posture. I'm also not dumb enough to lace it so tight that I can't breathe. I may not be singing opera, but I'm certainly not passing out.

I'm sure we've both seen some who take it to an extreme.... Tight lacing in full Elizabethan garb at Pennsic, anyone?

I like wearing corsets, but on the other hand, I started out with an hourglass-ish figure, and I have excellent posture. I'm also not dumb enough to lace it so tight that I can't breathe. I may not be singing opera, but I'm certainly not passing out.

I'm sure we've both seen some who take it to an extreme.... Tight lacing in full Elizabethan garb at Pennsic, anyone?

Pennsic, nothing. You should see it when some idjit broad decides to lace herself into tight Elizabethan garb in ARIZONA. In SUMMER. It's like Darwin's laboratory, right there.

Pennsic, nothing. You should see it when some idjit broad decides to lace herself into tight Elizabethan garb in ARIZONA. In SUMMER. It's like Darwin's laboratory, right there.

I would have thought you folks would be bright enough to take your events indoors in the summer in Arizona like we do in the winter here in the Northeast. :eusa_angel: Of course that's why Estrella (which I still need to get to someday) is in February and not July.

I would have thought you folks would be bright enough to take your events indoors in the summer in Arizona like we do in the winter here in the Northeast. :eusa_angel: Of course that's why Estrella (which I still need to get to someday) is in February and not July.

We tend to take them to the northern part of the state in the summer, like Flagstaff. However, it's STILL SUMMER IN ARIZONA, something some people just don't get.

Historical verisimilitude is all well and good, but try to remember that Europe in the Middle Ages was in a little ice age, and this is NOT Europe, NOT the Middle Ages, and NOT an ice age. :cuckoo:

Most Arizonans become early Middle Ages peasants or Viking types: thin, basic cotton and linen dresses, with maybe a linen pinafore-looking thing over it. Baggy drawstring pants and a linen/cotton poet-style shirt for the guys. Undergarments? WHAT undergarments?!

We tend to take them to the northern part of the state in the summer, like Flagstaff. However, it's STILL SUMMER IN ARIZONA, something some people just don't get.

Very true. We see a smaller version of it at Pennsic most years... people who come totally unprepared for a week in either the wickedly hot sun or the pouring rain (the two prevalant Pennsic weather systems).

Historical verisimilitude is all well and good, but try to remember that Europe in the Middle Ages was in a little ice age, and this is NOT Europe, NOT the Middle Ages, and NOT an ice age. :cuckoo:

It was also further North, even than where I'm from, nevermind where you're from, which changes the temperature and climate range significantly.

Most Arizonans become early Middle Ages peasants or Viking types: thin, basic cotton and linen dresses, with maybe a linen pinafore-looking thing over it. Baggy drawstring pants and a linen/cotton poet-style shirt for the guys. Undergarments? WHAT undergarments?!

I would have suspected more of a Mediteranian or Middle Eastern flair, but hey whatever works for people. Oh, and on the undergarment.... We're talking about that "easy access" idea again, right? :eusa_pray:

Very true. We see a smaller version of it at Pennsic most years... people who come totally unprepared for a week in either the wickedly hot sun or the pouring rain (the two prevalant Pennsic weather systems).

It was also further North, even than where I'm from, nevermind where you're from, which changes the temperature and climate range significantly.

I would have suspected more of a Mediteranian or Middle Eastern flair, but hey whatever works for people. Oh, and on the undergarment.... We're talking about that "easy access" idea again, right? :eusa_pray:

Abso-freaking-lutely. You never know when you might happen across a likely stand of trees, set of bushes, etc.

Just gotta make sure you put out the lantern before getting busy in the tent. Otherwise, you're producing medieval television.

Or as a friend of mine once told me.... "So long as you're drowned out by the drum circle in the next camp over, you're fine."

Forum List

Back