Ladies and gentleman: This is a black hole

You mean theoretical relativistic effects near a theoretical black hole?
Sure. Either way, you dont understand them. That's not an insult...it's not intuitive knowledge. If you haven't taken some time to learn about and understand the ramifications of black holes in the space around them, you wouldn't understand what you are seeing in that image.

But I did answer your challenge with a pretty clear and simple explanation. Did you read it?

Last edited:
sensation-fuer-weltraum-forscher-dieses-bild-ist-der-erste-direkte-visuelle-nachweis-eines-schwarzen-lochs.jpg

This is the first picture (not a simulation) of a black hole. It was made from the Event Horizon Telescope (8 big radiotelescopes). Congrats.

Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but there appears to be a corona of light circling the "singularity". You can only see light that is coming directly towards you. All light moving in any other direction is invisible. Therefore the light from the "halo" is directed towards the observer...not away from the "singularity".

That being said...I believe that is a photo of an eclipse.. and nothing more. Unless someone cares to explain the light from the halo coming directly towards us.

Science has set itself on a long downhill slide...and unfortunately, our educational systems have failed to the point that the average Joe is no longer able to tell when he is being duped...

So you seem to think this picture is an intentional fake. Why should 200 scientists of 14 international institutions and many nations do so? Why should they take care about the educational systems of the USA and the knowledge of Joe Average, who is not able to tell when he is duped? Why should someone like to dupe him? Or do you think everything is a fake, what we are able to see (with the help of instruments)? What is not a fake in your eyes? Bielefeld? But Bielefeld doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Sure. Either way, you dont understand them. That's not an insult...it's not intuitive knowledge. If you haven't taken some time to learn about and understand the ramifications of black holes in the space around them, you wouldn't understand what you are seeing in that image.

But I did answer your challenge with a pretty clear and simple explanation. Did you read it?

Funny, coming from a guy who can't even begin to discuss the soft science of climate change...you got yourself a cut and paste that you don't understand but sounds good enough for you...congratulations.

sensation-fuer-weltraum-forscher-dieses-bild-ist-der-erste-direkte-visuelle-nachweis-eines-schwarzen-lochs.jpg

This is the first picture (not a simulation) of a black hole. It was made from the Event Horizon Telescope (8 big radiotelescopes). Congrats.

Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but there appears to be a corona of light circling the "singularity". You can only see light that is coming directly towards you. All light moving in any other direction is invisible. Therefore the light from the "halo" is directed towards the observer...not away from the "singularity".

That being said...I believe that is a photo of an eclipse.. and nothing more. Unless someone cares to explain the light from the halo coming directly towards us.

Science has set itself on a long downhill slide...and unfortunately, our educational systems have failed to the point that the average Joe is no longer able to tell when he is being duped...

So you seem to think this picture is an intentional fake. Why should 200 scientists of 14 international institutions and many nations do so? Why should they take care about the educational systems of the USA and the knowledge of Joe Average, who is not able to tell when he is duped? Why should someone like to dupe him? Or do you think everything is a fake, what we are able to see (with the help of instruments)? What is not a fake in your eyes? Bielefeld? But Bielefeld doesn't exist.

I didn't say it was a fake....I questioned whether it was really a photo of a black hole..it is a big universe out there and we have just started to scratch the surface...I question whether black holes even exist...

Funny, coming from a guy who can't even begin to discuss the soft science of climate change...you got yourself a cut and paste that you don't understand but sounds good enough for you...congratulations.

Irrelevant. What i had for breakfast has no bearing on the fact that you clearly have no understanding of the relativistic effects near a black hole or of the image that prompted this thread. Don't you have any curiosity at all? Don't you have any desire to learn about it? You did open the thread,after all.

Last edited:

I didn't say it was a fake....I questioned whether it was really a photo of a black hole..it is a big universe out there and we have just started to scratch the surface...I question whether black holes even exist...

The intentions was to make a picture of the center on the galaxy Messier 87, which is far 55 million lightyears. The idea was to get a picture of the shadow of the event horizon of a supermassive black hole with the mass of 6.5 billion suns. They got it. It's not the shadow of a smurf. Everything what they found fits with the theories about black holes. What else do you think they found? Looks like a black hole, "smells" like a black hole, makes the same nonsense black holes are doing - so it seems not only to be a black hole: it is a black hole! That's true as far as we are able to know in the moment. In general the ideas of physics are not fantasy - this ideas are plausible. They follow mathematical structures and are true often inter-subjectively. They become objectively true in experiments. The equivalent of an experiment is in this case this picture, which shows that a black hole shows a real structure, which we are able to see with our own eyes. I'm sure "soon" will follow more pictures. And perhaps on one of this pictures will be something what we are not able to explain easily. Then we will smurfe this too.

Last edited:
The speed at which the material in this image is moving shows us there is a black hole present. We know of know other way to fit so much mass into such a small area. And couple that with the image showing us exactly what we predicted we would see when looking at a black hole, and...

...It's a black hole.

Irrelevant. What i had for breakfast has no bearing on the fact that you clearly have no understanding of the relativistic effects near a black hole or of the image that prompted this thread. Don't you have any curiosity at all? Don't you have any desire to learn about it? You did open the thread,after all.

Clearly, it is you who has no understanding...You don't seem to grasp the fact that those relativistic effects are purely theoretical...and that black holes are purely theoretical...You speak of them as if they were proven fact based on a questionable photo...Like I said...easily duped..

The intentions was to make a picture of the center on the galaxy Messier 87, which is far 55 million lightyears. The idea was to get a picture of the shadow of the event horizon of a supermassive black hole with the mass of 6.5 billion suns. They got it. It's not the shadow of a smurf. Everything what they found fits with the theories about black holes. What else do you think they found? Looks like a black hole, "smells" like a black hole, makes the same nonsense black holes are doing - so it seems not only to be a black hole: it is a black hole! That's true as far as we are able to know in the moment. In general the ideas of physics are not fantasy - this ideas are plausible. They follow mathematical structures and are true often inter-subjectively. They become objectively true in experiments. The equivalent of an experiment is in this case this picture, which shows that a black hole shows a real structure, which we are able to see with our own eyes. I'm sure "soon" will follow more pictures. And perhaps on one of this pictures will be something what we are not able to explain easily. Then we will smurfe this too.

Do just a bit of research on the history of science...just because an explanation fits the theory, does not even begin to mean that what they are seeing is what they think they are seeing...look at all the failed theories of the past...they all had plenty of misinterpreted data which seemed to fit the theory...till it was learned that it didn't. There are some real heavyweights out there in the field of astrophysics which doubt the existence of black holes, and their objections to the theory have yet to be adequately answered.

At this time, black holes remain a topic of belief...I will wait for the facts.

The speed at which the material in this image is moving shows us there is a black hole present. We know of know other way to fit so much mass into such a small area. And couple that with the image showing us exactly what we predicted we would see when looking at a black hole, and...

...It's a black hole.

Like I said...we are just beginning to scratch the surface...just because "we know of no other"....only brings what we don't know into sharp relief. As to the mass...etc....it is all the product of a mathematical model...an untestable mathematical model.

Do just a bit of research on the history of science...

A very interesting theme. Unfortunatelly most people - scientists too - don't have a big idea a about the real history of mathematics, philosophy and science.

just because an explanation fits the theory, does not even begin to mean that what they are seeing is what they think they are seeing...

So this aborigines think their blind way meaninglessly?

look at all the failed theories of the past...they all had plenty of misinterpreted data which seemed to fit the theory...till it was learned that it didn't.

No idea, what you think about in this context now. For example believed lots of people once in perpetuum mobiles - which never will exist - or were looking for methods how to tranform elements from one form of matter to another form of matter (in most cases: to gold) - what's possible.

There are some real heavyweights out there in the field of astrophysics which doubt the existence of black holes,

They are wrong.

and their objections to the theory have yet to be adequately answered.

In my case I think the adequate answer to your message here now could be: One day in 1993 Achim Held had visited a party. There he had heard the truth about Bielefeld. And now B**l*f*d swallowed the shadow of this black hole too. The conspiracy goes on. No one ever had seen Bielefeld. Bitter for the inhabitants there. Poor guys. What a luck that they don't exist.

Last edited:

Is this visible spectrum light or computer generate radio waves interpretation?

Like I said...we are just beginning to scratch the surface...just because "we know of no other"....only brings what we don't know into sharp relief. As to the mass...etc....it is all the product of a mathematical model...an untestable mathematical model
I think your opinions have lost all credibility since you clearly stated that you don't believe the most fundamental aspects of physics such as Relativistic Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that those relativistic effects are purely theoretical...and that black holes are purely theoretical.
Both of those statements are wrong. The relativistic effects of gravity have been co firmed many times over. And black holes have been confirmed.

But regardless, you dont understand these things. And you clearly don't want to learn about them. You asked a question, and I gave you a simple, clear explanation. You then ignored it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back