Lack of Respect for the Presidency

With all this talk of Joe Wilson, his lack of respect for Obama and the Presidency and the general lack of civility in the country. The requirement of many Democrats for Joe Wilson to fall upon his knees at Pelosi's feet and be reprimanded.

One begins to wonder at the inception of this quandary. Perhaps Joe is just an outward sign of the Clinton/Lewinsky years and the fallout resulting.

Good Point, the disrespect for the president started with Clinton over his lying under oath about Monica....then it ratcheted up with Bush over Iraq....and now its just lost all control over Obama and his record budget defecits and Government run health care.

There was some dissent towards bush sr, reagan, and carter too that i remember while they were president but it was civil enough to not be considered disrespect.

With all this talk of Joe Wilson, his lack of respect for Obama and the Presidency and the general lack of civility in the country. The requirement of many Democrats for Joe Wilson to fall upon his knees at Pelosi's feet and be reprimanded.

One begins to wonder at the inception of this quandary. Perhaps Joe is just an outward sign of the Clinton/Lewinsky years and the fallout resulting.

Good Point, the disrespect for the president started with Clinton over his lying under oath about Monica....then it ratcheted up with Bush over Iraq....and now its just lost all control over Obama and his record budget defecits and Government run health care.

There was some dissent towards bush sr, reagan, and carter too that i remember while they were president but it was civil enough to not be considered disrespect.

Let's be fair here. The disrespect for Clinton started long before he lied about Lewinsky. It started day one out of bitterness over the Reagan/Bush years not continuing for another four years. There was a concerted effort to remove Clinton by any and all means necessary and at any cost.

Let's be fair here. The disrespect for Clinton started long before he lied about Lewinsky. It started day one out of bitterness over the Reagan/Bush years not continuing for another four years. There was a concerted effort to remove Clinton by any and all means necessary and at any cost.
I think general disrespect for government and the presidency really began in earnest with the Nixon presidency.

I think general disrespect for government and the presidency really began in earnest with the Nixon presidency.

Yes....but some President's earn it and others have it thrust upon them. :lol:

And he was a piker compared to Regan and bush.

Everyone needs to read their history.

George Washington was idolized by the people.

But all presidents since him, have been at times been roasted by the press, and ridiculed by the people.

Everyone needs to read their history.

George Washington was idolized by the people.

But all presidents since him, have been at times been roasted by the press, and ridiculed by the people.

Deep, very deep......

Forum List

Back