Lack Of "Personal Responsibility" - A Code Phrase, Perhaps? Perhaps.

Isn't that the State motto for Missouri?

Nah, just the social outlook of our president on the value of an unborn child. I wonder if Michelle considered her two daughters to be a punishment....or if only Barack did?

thanks for validating why normal people think you guys are so laughable. :cuckoo:

Oh. So....normal people, like you, would agree with our Savior Obama that a baby is a punishment to a woman??? I mean, he said it. He said his daughter having a baby would be a punishment to his daughter. I just wonder of Michelle and he felt about their own daughters. Were they punishments?

But, again, "normal people" like you don't hold Obama accountable for anything he says or does. You just bow blindly to him.

Not all welfare recipients complain about personal responsibility. Some do see it as a last resort and wish to return to a position of self- sufficiency.

Your OP is just a whinging screed that glorifies need and demonizes those who are productive.

Personal Responsibility is not a good phrase - it is exactly what it means in plain English to those of us who value it. Only those who don't try to twist it into something ugly.

Consider the young person who irresponsibly avoids education, making it impossible for him/her to find any kind of meaningful employment as an adult. Such a person can, because of additional factors (ill health, victim of crime, accidental injury, disability) find himself in a position where his only hope is welfare. Is that person on welfare because of a lack of personal responsibility? Yes. Should he therefore be denied benefits? No.

And there are also such things as people who would attack these legitimate welfare recipients as "lacking personal responsibility." Such people are, simply, wrong.

Um.....what else do you want for them? OUR tax money already funds the following:

- Welfare
- Food stamps
- Unemployment
- Emergency Room treatment
- Public housing at nearly no cost to resident
- Public education at nearly no cost to resident
- Public transportation at nearly no cost to resident
- Fire, Police and EMS service at no cost to the poor

So, for nearly nothing, the poor recieve welfare payments, food stamps, ER service, police service, fire and ems service, public housing, public education, public transportation.

Damn. No wonder they can afford lottery tickets, flat screen TV's, rims for their new car, expensive trendy clothing, alcohol, drugs, refridgerators, etc.

If they took all the money they spent on recrational items, and put themselves through a 2 year community college, got a job, they would no longer be poor. But of course, that would also mean no more guaranteed handouts.

So, what else do you want us to pay for? Non-emergency health care? How about diet foods? And gym memberships? How about any costs assumed while going on a date? I mean, you can't be fat, out of shape, and stressed from a poor social life, so we should pay for all that to reduce stress and help their overall health, right?

You lefties never stop. Just move back in with mommy and have all your needs and ills cared for, right?

Forum List

Back