Lack Of "Personal Responsibility" - A Code Phrase, Perhaps? Perhaps.

Much of the "personal responsibility" is lightly shielded blame the victim. The rich are rich because they earn it, the poor are poor because they did something to deserve it.
Its the old "born on third base and you assume you hit a triple" Those who come into life with two strikes against them are deserving of their situation.

There is a reason why it was once considered noble and honorable for a person to work to provide their children with a better future and life than they had themselves. To work to assure their child had as much of a head start in life as possible. In America, that USED to be common. Parents worked hard to give their children, and their children's children, a better future. "Born on third" as you said.

But our society fell to corruption, selfishness and lack of morality. The victim mentality took hold. People stopped caring about kids. Somehow, the value and preciousness of a child was slowly diminished (abortion? No religion in schools?), to the point that a child was seen as a "punishment" more than a gift. (See: Barack Obama stating he believes in abortion because he wouldn't want his daughters "punished" for a mistake of getting pregnant. Look it up BO actually said that.)

But, no more. Now, if one's child gets a head start because you worked hard to provide it, well, you are greedy and immoral, and Obama is here to take some $$ away from you to redistribute it. How dare you set your child up for more success than anothers.

How does the "victim mentality" play into your claim that parents' concern for raising their children properly has gone by the boards?

Soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs because they refuse to lower their honor and integrity to the level of a DMV employee? Wow!

I can think of possibly another reason why soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs, and it has nothing to do with honor or integrity . . .

Seeing as you've never patrolled a dark urban street or been deployed to a combat zone, I'm intrested yet frightened to say this: Go ahead, tell me why?

First off, bucko, you have no idea what I have or have not done during my adult life, so please don't presume to comment on it.

I have served as an officer in the United States Army. I work with police officers on a daily basis - have for decades. All too many police officers are bullies, plain and simple. They are in a position of power and they enjoy their jobs way too much.

Don't get me wrong - if I have a prowler in my house at night, I want the toughest son of a bitch on the force out there to kick ass. Let's just keep our priorities in order, though. It has very little to do with "honor and integrity."

I cannot say quite the same thing about career military people. I don't think they are cut out of anywhere near the same mold as those who go into law enforcement - and I mean that in a good way. I am, frankly, very impressed with what I see in our present day military.

Perhaps you should not have lumped police in with "soldiers and sailors."

HA!! All of a sudden you are a former Army officer. OK, I'll play along. Next, you probably don't realize the extremely high percentage of cops who are former military. At my old department it was over 70%. Most left military for police for a more stable lifestyle (not moving).

And you say you worked with police a lot, but then say most are bullies on power trips who enjoy their jobs too much. That alone tells me you are lying. If you knew your topic, you would realize FBI and state law enforcement studies show that over 80% of cops who recieve use of force complaints within their 1st year on the road are no longer cops within their first 3. The "bullies" are far outnumbered by the noble, and are rooted out quickly.

No man, military or police, would put his life on the line for a complete stranger if it were not for honor and integrity. Not for the pay they get. For the BS they get from the public (because, like you said, most of the public assumes cops are all bullies), not for the hours.

You said you work with cops on a daily basis. You also got a sensitive reaction to the DMV comment. So I assume you work at the DMV, and are posing as a former Army officer to give yourself fake cred to debate me on an internet forum.

Enlist in a combat unit or go patrol an urban area on 3rd shift. Put yourself into a life or death situation for the safety of a stranger, then take the low pay, shitty hours and disdain from liberals. After that, then tell me it takes anything other than integrity, honor and sense of duty to do either of those jobs.

Until then.....keep that DMV line moving quicker.

See: Barack Obama stating he believes in abortion because he wouldn't want his daughters "punished" for a mistake of getting pregnant. Look it up BO actually said that.)

Show me

Much of the "personal responsibility" is lightly shielded blame the victim. The rich are rich because they earn it, the poor are poor because they did something to deserve it.
Its the old "born on third base and you assume you hit a triple" Those who come into life with two strikes against them are deserving of their situation.

There is a reason why it was once considered noble and honorable for a person to work to provide their children with a better future and life than they had themselves. To work to assure their child had as much of a head start in life as possible. In America, that USED to be common. Parents worked hard to give their children, and their children's children, a better future. "Born on third" as you said.

But our society fell to corruption, selfishness and lack of morality. The victim mentality took hold. People stopped caring about kids. Somehow, the value and preciousness of a child was slowly diminished (abortion? No religion in schools?), to the point that a child was seen as a "punishment" more than a gift. (See: Barack Obama stating he believes in abortion because he wouldn't want his daughters "punished" for a mistake of getting pregnant. Look it up BO actually said that.)

But, no more. Now, if one's child gets a head start because you worked hard to provide it, well, you are greedy and immoral, and Obama is here to take some $$ away from you to redistribute it. How dare you set your child up for more success than anothers.

How does the "victim mentality" play into your claim that parents' concern for raising their children properly has gone by the boards?

Because a family tree sees it's first generation to rise out of poverty only when one person provides an avenue for that child to do so through education and parenting. By fostering the mentality of "I'm poor because rich people take advantage of me and the government isn't doing enough", that person's child will likely do the same.

Gone are the days when a parent would think "I'm poor, and probably always will be, but I'm gonna make damn sure my kids arent". Those parents would sacrifice everything to put their children ahead. The value of a child has diminished in our culture, to the point of a child being viewed as "punishment" (quote Barack Obama).

Sit around and wait for the gov't to fix it, or sacrifice and provide your kids a better future. Thats why some kids have a headstart and others dont. But if gov't legislates to redistribute wealth and take away the value of that headstart, why even bother providing it? You're poor because either your parents were, or because you made bad mistakes. Maybe some due to back luck. NOT because a rich person is oppressing you, or the gov't isn't providing opportunities.

Or, it could be because you think the police are all bullies and making your life hard :)cuckoo:)

See: Barack Obama stating he believes in abortion because he wouldn't want his daughters "punished" for a mistake of getting pregnant. Look it up BO actually said that.)

Show me

Barack Obama Would Back Daughters' Abortion, "Don't Punish Them With a Baby"

^^ There ya go. Our own, beloved, savior....President Obama, stating he would not want his daughters "punished" with a baby. It's on YouTube also, if you want to actually hear it.

If our savior Obama says a baby is a punishment to a woman, then how the hell can we expect the value of our children to stay the same, and how can we ask the poor and lower middle class to sacrifice to provide a better life for that child rather than rely on the government?

After all, that parent is the VICTIM. They've been "punished" with a baby, right? We surely can't expect them to sacrifice their own wealth and happiness to give that punishment, er, uh, baby a head start in life can we?

Oh, btw, thats an Obama clip you wouldn't have seen on CNN or MSNBC. Mabye I should name my next son "Punisher."

Show me

Isn't that the State motto for Missouri?

Nah, just the social outlook of our president on the value of an unborn child. I wonder if Michelle considered her two daughters to be a punishment....or if only Barack did?

Show me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZJYWjkAPo"]ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL...[/ame]

Or did you forget how to GOOGLE?

But then How did State Senator Obama handle the abortion Debate as a State Senator?

Obama and 'Infanticide'

*READ*

Show me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZJYWjkAPo"]ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL...[/ame]

But then How did State Senator Obama handle the abortion Debate as a State Senator?

Obama and 'Infanticide'

*READ*

And we wonder why some on welfare refuse to sacrifice their own happiness to provide a better future for their kids?

Surely, it couldn't have anything to do with the devaluing of the human fetus and infant, could it? I mean, sure, our President sees an unborn baby as a punishment. And sure, he advocated that a baby who survives a failed abortion should then be murdered (wouldn't want that evil punishment to keep living would we), but surely this wouldn't cause people to see less value in a child, right? Surely this wouldn't prevent people from being unselfish and sacrificing their own happiness and extra money to provide that "Born on third base" lifestyle for that punishm....er, I mean, baby would it?

Show me

^^ There ya go. Our own, beloved, savior....President Obama, stating he would not want his daughters "punished" with a baby. It's on YouTube also, if you want to actually hear it.

If our savior Obama says a baby is a punishment to a woman, then how the hell can we expect the value of our children to stay the same, and how can we ask the poor and lower middle class to sacrifice to provide a better life for that child rather than rely on the government?

After all, that parent is the VICTIM. They've been "punished" with a baby, right? We surely can't expect them to sacrifice their own wealth and happiness to give that punishment, er, uh, baby a head start in life can we?

Oh, btw, thats an Obama clip you wouldn't have seen on CNN or MSNBC. Mabye I should name my next son "Punisher."

"What the heck?"

"Just keep walking. Don't make eye contact with him - just keep walking."

The T, it sure got quiet in here all of a sudden. Maybe someone's punishment needed a diaper change.

"What the heck?"

Truth sucks sometimes doesn't it. But it explains why some people want ME to pay for the healthcare of their child until he's 27. After all, they are the victim....they were punished by that child being born to them. I have no kids, therefore I was not punished and should help pay for their unfair sentence.

Obama and 'Infanticide'

*READ*

And we wonder why some on welfare refuse to sacrifice their own happiness to provide a better future for their kids?

Surely, it couldn't have anything to do with the devaluing of the human fetus and infant, could it? I mean, sure, our President sees an unborn baby as a punishment. And sure, he advocated that a baby who survives a failed abortion should then be murdered (wouldn't want that evil punishment to keep living would we), but surely this wouldn't cause people to see less value in a child, right? Surely this wouldn't prevent people from being unselfish and sacrificing their own happiness and extra money to provide that "Born on third base" lifestyle for that punishm....er, I mean, baby would it?

People like Obama care more of some dumb-ass Snail Darter fish, or Spotted Owl than they do of their fellow humans.

"What the heck?"

Truth sucks sometimes doesn't it. But it explains why some people want ME to pay for the healthcare of their child until he's 27. After all, they are the victim....they were punished by that child being born to them. I have no kids, therefore I was not punished and should help pay for their unfair sentence.

Yes. Sure. Whatever you say . . . . :eek:

Isn't that the State motto for Missouri?

Nah, just the social outlook of our president on the value of an unborn child. I wonder if Michelle considered her two daughters to be a punishment....or if only Barack did?

Looks like rightwinger got bitchslapped.

Well, I wouldn't say bitch slapped so much as informed. He's probably like most Americans. Casually watches the news. Probably CNN, ABC, CBS. Maybe a few minutes of Fox or MSNBC here and there. Read the paper a bit. Get on the internet.

The media shields Obama from his radical leanings. This included. So, when I told him our President considered a baby to be a punishment, of course he demanded "Show me."

I don't blame him. Thats a shocking stance for anyone to have, much less the president of the free world. Who in their right mind would believe a US president would think like that? So, he reacted how most of us would have had we not seen the speech. NO WAY a president would think that way, or especially say it.

But, of course, it's true. Obama sees a baby as a punishment. He forgot he wasn't in the Harvard sociology teachers lounge anymore and it slipped. How our morality has fallen, and it is evident in the behavior of many of our citizens.

Forum List

Back