Lack Of "Personal Responsibility" - A Code Phrase, Perhaps? Perhaps.

After that, can you explain why those who oppose welfare, conservatives, have been statistically shown to be more charitable and give voluntarily........

:cuckoo: Right, conveniently, in any such study, its always the conservatives doing the counting of what qualifies as "charity" I'm guessing donations to the local church to build a bigger church would qualify as "charity" in such instances, but donations to planned parenthood, which provides affordable birth control to hundreds of thousands of low income women, would not.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs. now what happens when the needy outnumber the willing to works?? you sound just as judgemental about people who are actually willing to get up off their asses and work how ever many jobs it takes to make their livings and put food on the table for their families.. too many now just want some "obama money" and you assholes expect us to take care of 1/5 the population of Mexico too.. why do you think a person who goes out and works his azz off 8 to 10 hours a day owes you a damn thing??

Thanks. I rest my case.

you have no case.

Upon entering boot camp I wondered what I was thinking, it was the toughest thing I ever did but I did it and no one can ever take that away.
The things I've learned and seen as a Marine are many, some good and some very bad but I learn from both and except for the loss of dear friends I wouldn't change a day of it.

So you joined the Marines run by the government that helped your family fuck itself up, that makes sense.

Wrong. The Marines are FUNDED by the government, but run by other Marines. Same with all the military and police.

I've held a stance for a long time now: The United States governments, federal and local, are very GOOD at one thing, and one thing only: Training armed men to defend our nation and communities. This being the military and police. Why is the government good at this? Because it's the men who do this, not a system. The troops and cops have the will and integrity to do that job. The DMV folks do not.

Don't get me wrong, neither the military or police are run efficiently. Waste is seen everywhere. But are the men good at the job, and do they succeed in the mission? Absolutely, because the soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and cops refuse to lower their honor and integrity to the level of a DMV employee, public school beaurocrat, politician, etc.

There are a few, very few, good reasons for taxes: Military, police, ems, fire, roadways, teachers. And a small safety net for the disabled and elderly. The rest? Tyrannical theft and waste.

Our "poor" live better than Europes middle class.
If taken seperate, the African American population of the USA would be among the 5 richest countries on Earth.

Kind of irrelevant. I am going to go out on a limb here and say much more white people get some form of welfare support/governmetn assiatance than black people.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs.

Thats a horse shit statistic.

Kids of irresponsible parents who are unable to care for them are marginal and make up a small sect of society but one that should qualify for government assistance.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs. now what happens when the needy outnumber the willing to works?? you sound just as judgemental about people who are actually willing to get up off their asses and work how ever many jobs it takes to make their livings and put food on the table for their families.. too many now just want some "obama money" and you assholes expect us to take care of 1/5 the population of Mexico too.. why do you think a person who goes out and works his azz off 8 to 10 hours a day owes you a damn thing??

Thanks. I rest my case.

Well, can you justify why the government can or should take, by threat of violence for non-compliance, money from one man to put into the pocket of another, many of whom refuse to attempt to get off welfare???

After that, can you explain why those who oppose welfare, conservatives, have been statistically shown to be more charitable and give voluntarily.........opposed to those who preached redistribution of wealth, liberals, who've been found to give far less to charity?

Seems both sides want to give to the poor. Only the right does it voluntarily and through taxes, while you guys only do it through taxes. Try practicing what you preach. Because we already are.

Valid comments. I would like some independent confirmation that your claim about the giving habits of libs v. cons is as you say it is.

It sounds really good to talk about "voluntary giving," but if that was the only source for welfare, I'm afraid it would not be working very well. Society must take care of those who cannot take care of themselves - and leaving it to voluntary giving just doesn't make it.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs. now what happens when the needy outnumber the willing to works??
Are you suggesting 50% of America doesn't work? Or are you suggesting the unemployment is so high simply because people don't want to work?
We're getting to the point that around 50% of the populace is either a bureaucrat or dependent upon them.

America is being sucked dry by the moocher class.

Sure, if by "better" you mean "work more hours to get the same thing"

As far as Western Europe - there are very few of them that would trade middle class in western europe for poverty in the U.S. Eastern europe maybe a little different depending on country, but no sensible englishman or frenchman, for instance, would trade a middle class british or french lifestyle for poverty here, that would be absurd.

Don't get me wrong, neither the military or police are run efficiently. Waste is seen everywhere. But are the men good at the job, and do they succeed in the mission? Absolutely, because the soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and cops refuse to lower their honor and integrity to the level of a DMV employee, public school beaurocrat, politician, etc.

Soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs because they refuse to lower their honor and integrity to the level of a DMV employee? Wow!

I can think of possibly another reason why soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs, and it has nothing to do with honor or integrity . . .

After that, can you explain why those who oppose welfare, conservatives, have been statistically shown to be more charitable and give voluntarily........

:cuckoo: Right, conveniently, in any such study, its always the conservatives doing the counting of what qualifies as "charity" I'm guessing donations to the local church to build a bigger church would qualify as "charity" in such instances, but donations to planned parenthood, which provides affordable birth control to hundreds of thousands of low income women, would not.

Wrong again knucklehead. Do a quick google search. You'll find stunning results. And you ask: Have any liberals done a similar study? Of course. They just don't publish it because they're embarrassed at the results. Then cry "right wing conspiracy" when anyone else does.

Fact is it's never about sympathy for the "poor". Liberals want taxes raised on others because of envy, vengance on what they consider social unfairness, and of course, simple power.

Meanwhile, we'll practice what you people preach by giving more to charity, while you demand the government takes even more from us- while you give less to charity. Makes sense huh? Hypocrite.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs. now what happens when the needy outnumber the willing to works??
Are you suggesting 50% of America doesn't work? Or are you suggesting the unemployment is so high simply because people don't want to work?
We're getting to the point that around 50% of the populace is either a bureaucrat or dependent upon them.

America is being sucked dry by the moocher class.

Moocher is being too kind.

Soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs because they refuse to lower their honor and integrity to the level of a DMV employee? Wow!

I can think of possibly another reason why soldiers, sailors and police are good at their jobs, and it has nothing to do with honor or integrity . . .

Really? Do tell? What *HAS* it to do with?

Seeing as you've never patrolled a dark urban street or been deployed to a combat zone, I'm intrested yet frightened to say this: Go ahead, tell me why?

Much of the "personal responsibility" is lightly shielded blame the victim. The rich are rich because they earn it, the poor are poor because they did something to deserve it.
Its the old "born on third base and you assume you hit a triple" Those who come into life with two strikes against them are deserving of their situation.

Hes saying 50% of Americans don't pay a federal income tax, and most actually pay negative, meaning they get a nice $$ check but pay nothing in. Thats called shouldering the load by the upper 50%.

If taken seperate, the African American population of the USA would be among the 5 richest countries on Earth.

Kind of irrelevant. I am going to go out on a limb here and say much more white people get some form of welfare support/governmetn assiatance than black people.

Only BY the stats that 'blacks' are about 13% of the population, and nothing else...but then break that down...interesting where you focused however.

what a bullshit rant. right now 50% of Americans drag the other 50% around on our backs.

Thats a horse shit statistic.

Kids of irresponsible parents who are unable to care for them are marginal and make up a small sect of society but one that should qualify for government assistance.

Then it seems that those that aren't able to take care of young ones responsibly should CEASE squirting out babies until they are able to support them without assistance from taxpayers.

Sound logical to you?

Seeing as you've never patrolled a dark urban street or been deployed to a combat zone, I'm intrested yet frightened to say this: Go ahead, tell me why?

First off, bucko, you have no idea what I have or have not done during my adult life, so please don't presume to comment on it.

I have served as an officer in the United States Army. I work with police officers on a daily basis - have for decades. All too many police officers are bullies, plain and simple. They are in a position of power and they enjoy their jobs way too much.

Don't get me wrong - if I have a prowler in my house at night, I want the toughest son of a bitch on the force out there to kick ass. Let's just keep our priorities in order, though. It has very little to do with "honor and integrity."

I cannot say quite the same thing about career military people. I don't think they are cut out of anywhere near the same mold as those who go into law enforcement - and I mean that in a good way. I am, frankly, very impressed with what I see in our present day military.

Perhaps you should not have lumped police in with "soldiers and sailors."

Much of the "personal responsibility" is lightly shielded blame the victim. The rich are rich because they earn it, the poor are poor because they did something to deserve it.
Its the old "born on third base and you assume you hit a triple" Those who come into life with two strikes against them are deserving of their situation.

There is a reason why it was once considered noble and honorable for a person to work to provide their children with a better future and life than they had themselves. To work to assure their child had as much of a head start in life as possible. In America, that USED to be common. Parents worked hard to give their children, and their children's children, a better future. "Born on third" as you said.

But our society fell to corruption, selfishness and lack of morality. The victim mentality took hold. People stopped caring about kids. Somehow, the value and preciousness of a child was slowly diminished (abortion? No religion in schools?), to the point that a child was seen as a "punishment" more than a gift. (See: Barack Obama stating he believes in abortion because he wouldn't want his daughters "punished" for a mistake of getting pregnant. Look it up BO actually said that.)

But, no more. Now, if one's child gets a head start because you worked hard to provide it, well, you are greedy and immoral, and Obama is here to take some $$ away from you to redistribute it. How dare you set your child up for more success than anothers.

Forum List

Back