Lack of babies could mean the extinction of Japan

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Japan has a problem, a lack of children, and it seems likely there will be even fewer in the future.

Japanese researchers have now warned of a doomsday scenario if it carries on this way with the last child to be born there in 3011 and the Japanese people potentially disappearing a few generations later.

Academics from the city of Sendai, which was hit hard by last year's tsunami, calculate there are now 16.6 million children under the age of 14 now in Japan.

And they say that number is shrinking at a disturbing rate of one every 100 seconds.

So if you do the mathematics, as they did, then the country will have no children within a millennium.

A study was released earlier this year in which it showed Japan's young people are shunning the idea of marriage and having children.

The National Institute of Population and Social Security Research study also showed one in four unmarried men and women in their 30s had never had sex, and most young women preferred being single.

Read more: Lack of babies could mean the extinction of the Japanese people | Fox News

Interesting article. They say factors include: cost of living; cost of a college education; lack of sex drive; robot sex; and comic books. Adult diapers are now outselling baby diapers.

Comments?

Men are disappearing from Japan. They call themselves herbivores. Usually vegan or vegetarian, they dislike flesh in all forms, even sexually. They are self-centered and don't want to be bothered with the needs of real women.

Tagged in the domestic media over the past few years as hikikomori (socially withdrawn boys), soshoku danshi (grass-eating/herbivore men, uninterested in meat, fleshly sex and physical or workplace competition), or just generally feckless, Japan's Y-chromosomed youth today elicit shrugs of "why?", followed by heaving sighs of disappointment from their postwar elders and members of the opposite sex. With the country's economy stagnant at best, its geopolitical foothold rapidly slipping into the crevice between China and the United States, and its northeast coastline still struggling with the aftermath of disaster and an ongoing nuclear crisis, the reaction to a failure of Japan's men to take the reins, even symbolically, has evolved from whispers of curiosity to charges of incompetence.

What gives? As anyone who has watched Japanese or Korean pop videos knows, the popular image of men in Asia, seen from a western perspective, is more effeminate than macho, rife with makeup, stylised hairdos and choreographed dance steps. Even so-called punks in Japan lean more to Vivienne Westwood than Malcolm McLaren – more familiar with fashion spreads than the spitting in the street.

The phenomenon of Japanese men is being followed by the metrosexuals of Western Civilization. Many young men today are uninterested in the demands and confines of family and children. They still have sex, but only because western men have not become enculturated by virtual women instead of real women.

Why the generational malaise and indifference to sex? Theories abound. The most provocative to me, a Japanese-American and longtime Tokyo resident, is that Japanese women have become stronger socially and economically at the very same time that Japanese men have become more mole-ish and fully absorbed in virtual worlds, satiated by the very technological wizardry their forebears foisted upon them, and even preferring it to reality. "I don't like real women," one bloke superciliously sniffed on Japan's 2channel, the world's largest and most active internet bulletin board site. "They're too picky nowadays. I'd much rather have a virtual girlfriend."

Virtual girlfriends became a sensation last summer, when Japanese game-maker Konami released its second-generation of its popular Love Plus, called, aptly, Love Plus +, for the Nintendo DS gaming system. Konami skillfully arranged for an otherwise deadbeat beach resort town called Atami to host a Love Plus + holiday weekend. Players were invited to tote their virtual girlfriends, via the gaming console, to the actual resort town to cavort for a weekend in romantic bliss. The promotion was absurdly successful, with local resort operators reporting that it was their best weekend in decades.

We'll get there eventually.

Japan leads the way in sexless love | Roland Kelts | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Thanks Katz. As many of you know here, I am very concerned about the negative consequences of technology on young people. I am affectionately known as the "cell phone nazi" at school. It's not only because it interferes with learning, but I think parents and teachers are enabling the addiction. I can't tell you how many boys were texting at the prom while sitting next to their gorgeous dates. They can't relate to real people in social situations. It is creating a generation of social retards. Scary.

If people are permitted to create their own reality, they will. It's as simple as that. Have you noticed the IPhone commercials where an individual - alone- is able to have a conversation with their phone? They ask for things and never get turned down. The voice of Suri is never busy, never sick, never tired, and certainly never ever feels like not answering a command. Suri is the new best friend.

For years, decades, women have been told that they don't need a man in their lives. They can achieve just as much and take care of themselves just as well as if they had a man in their lives. It should not be surprising that men developed the same feelings. Except, the conclusion of men was that they only needed women for sex. But, that wasn't true either. What they needed was sex, not particularly with women who had needs of their own to fulfill. There are two solutions to this problem. One is to develop past the point where sex is desirable and self-fulfillment more desirable. The other is to have a perfectly compliant woman. We no longer have slavery, the Geisha is an anachronism, but there is still the virtual woman who can be made to perfectly satisfy the needs of any man without any effort on his part at all. His own reality. Who would not want that?

This kind of thing is promoted by sensationalist rags and such from time to time. The fact of the matter is that social patterns are changing the same way they did in the US when more and more women gained real economic autonomy, i.e. later and fewer marriages and fewer children. Geographic, historic, and demographic differences have made the consequences felt in a more concentrated manner.

One of those changing social patterns is the trend of Japanese men to live sexless lives and be quite happy doing it. This trend, in Japan likely cannot be reversed. The Japanese may have to look around for ways to perpetuate its race by other methods, like surrogate births or making Japanese people without Japanese families.

Well a few of my friends who happen to be Black have had babies with Japanese women while stationed there, so we know there is a growth in the half Black/half Japanese population, Japanese women are quite attractive and won't have a problem getting themselves pregnant, when I was a boy I had a crush on my moms friend who was a Japanese college student, she had the prettiest long black hair.

One of those changing social patterns is the trend of Japanese men to live sexless lives and be quite happy doing it. This trend, in Japan likely cannot be reversed. The Japanese may have to look around for ways to perpetuate its race by other methods, like surrogate births or making Japanese people without Japanese families.

I have seen Japanese men go buck wild in the strip clubs in California with blonde haired big breasted women, that seems to be a preferance for many of them.

Men are disappearing from Japan. They call themselves herbivores. Usually vegan or vegetarian, they dislike flesh in all forms, even sexually. They are self-centered and don't want to be bothered with the needs of real women.

Tagged in the domestic media over the past few years as hikikomori (socially withdrawn boys), soshoku danshi (grass-eating/herbivore men, uninterested in meat, fleshly sex and physical or workplace competition), or just generally feckless, Japan's Y-chromosomed youth today elicit shrugs of "why?", followed by heaving sighs of disappointment from their postwar elders and members of the opposite sex. With the country's economy stagnant at best, its geopolitical foothold rapidly slipping into the crevice between China and the United States, and its northeast coastline still struggling with the aftermath of disaster and an ongoing nuclear crisis, the reaction to a failure of Japan's men to take the reins, even symbolically, has evolved from whispers of curiosity to charges of incompetence.

What gives? As anyone who has watched Japanese or Korean pop videos knows, the popular image of men in Asia, seen from a western perspective, is more effeminate than macho, rife with makeup, stylised hairdos and choreographed dance steps. Even so-called punks in Japan lean more to Vivienne Westwood than Malcolm McLaren – more familiar with fashion spreads than the spitting in the street.

The phenomenon of Japanese men is being followed by the metrosexuals of Western Civilization. Many young men today are uninterested in the demands and confines of family and children. They still have sex, but only because western men have not become enculturated by virtual women instead of real women.

Why the generational malaise and indifference to sex? Theories abound. The most provocative to me, a Japanese-American and longtime Tokyo resident, is that Japanese women have become stronger socially and economically at the very same time that Japanese men have become more mole-ish and fully absorbed in virtual worlds, satiated by the very technological wizardry their forebears foisted upon them, and even preferring it to reality. "I don't like real women," one bloke superciliously sniffed on Japan's 2channel, the world's largest and most active internet bulletin board site. "They're too picky nowadays. I'd much rather have a virtual girlfriend."

Virtual girlfriends became a sensation last summer, when Japanese game-maker Konami released its second-generation of its popular Love Plus, called, aptly, Love Plus +, for the Nintendo DS gaming system. Konami skillfully arranged for an otherwise deadbeat beach resort town called Atami to host a Love Plus + holiday weekend. Players were invited to tote their virtual girlfriends, via the gaming console, to the actual resort town to cavort for a weekend in romantic bliss. The promotion was absurdly successful, with local resort operators reporting that it was their best weekend in decades.

We'll get there eventually.

Japan leads the way in sexless love | Roland Kelts | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

I don't think you can get Americans to stop wanting actual physical sex.

If people are permitted to create their own reality, they will. It's as simple as that. Have you noticed the IPhone commercials where an individual - alone- is able to have a conversation with their phone? They ask for things and never get turned down. The voice of Suri is never busy, never sick, never tired, and certainly never ever feels like not answering a command. Suri is the new best friend.

For years, decades, women have been told that they don't need a man in their lives. They can achieve just as much and take care of themselves just as well as if they had a man in their lives. It should not be surprising that men developed the same feelings. Except, the conclusion of men was that they only needed women for sex. But, that wasn't true either. What they needed was sex, not particularly with women who had needs of their own to fulfill. There are two solutions to this problem. One is to develop past the point where sex is desirable and self-fulfillment more desirable. The other is to have a perfectly compliant woman. We no longer have slavery, the Geisha is an anachronism, but there is still the virtual woman who can be made to perfectly satisfy the needs of any man without any effort on his part at all. His own reality. Who would not want that?

I don't mean to sound crude but if I can't fuck my virtual girlfriend what good is it? :dunno:

There are plenty of men who would have no problem impregnating Japanese women.

AGAIN, this is just the kind of sensationalist crap that is published in the Japanese equivalent to the checkout stand tabloids from time to time. Some dopey foreigner who doesn't know any better takes it as gospel and repeats it as often as possible, hoping to sound 'informed' or something. The reality is that women are gaining more of their (rightful) place in the career world and thus gaining the economic autonomy that, just as in the West, results in later and fewer marriages and also fewer children. Given the geographic and demographic situation to begin with, the effects are observed more rapidly and dramatically. It would be very wise for the rest of the world to take notice, because fertility rates are dropping around the world and sooner or later this will be almost every country's reality.

We have like 9 billion people on the planet. That's unsustainable. At some point a species "self corrects" or perishes.

We can and will sustain more than that. However, the challenge ahead will be how to deal with shrinking populations globally.

We have like 9 billion people on the planet. That's unsustainable. At some point a species "self corrects" or perishes.

It's 7 billion and taking into account the death toll from war, Mother Nature's wrath, accidental deaths and murders, the population levels remain sustainable.

Japanese women are very attractive no doubt. The solution is naturally that since India uses sex selection abortion to have lots of boys and few girls that the female shortage in India be satisfied by brides from Japan.

Marriage isn't the problem. Women aren't the problem. Japanese men are opting for sexless lives. Whatever sexual satisfaction they get, they can get it without live women. There could well be robot brothels in the near future where women aren't even necessary.

Brothels will offer robot prostitutes by 2050, researchers predict | Fox News

Many white nationalities are headed for extinction faster than the Japanese. But, do you find the media warning about the extinction of the Germans?

Japanese women are very attractive no doubt. The solution is naturally that since India uses sex selection abortion to have lots of boys and few girls that the female shortage in India be satisfied by brides from Japan.

Marriage isn't the problem. Women aren't the problem. Japanese men are opting for sexless lives. Whatever sexual satisfaction they get, they can get it without live women. There could well be robot brothels in the near future where women aren't even necessary.

You really are clueless. I have corrected you twice now. Is this going to be like your "college is free in China and the students never drink or have sex, and if they fail they are sent to work camps" nonsense that I had to correct you on over and over? Do you have a special taste for ignorance or something?

Forum List

Back