Labor Unions should be made ABOLISHED

neurosport

Rookie
Mar 19, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
somebody in another thread said that in Mexico when anybody raises the issue of forming a labor union he gets killed.

if we had that here GM and Chrysler would be putting Toyota and Honda out of business right now.

labor unions are nothing more than PRICE FIXING on the labor side of the equation.

we have lawsuits when prices for flash memory or LCD panels are fixed. fixing prices for labor is NO BETTER.

If you sit in an Audi and then sit in a Cadillac you will think the cars were made on different planets. How is this possible ? Are Americans that much dumber than Germans ? not really. Is Cadillac that much cheaper than Audi ? not really. ITS THE UNIONS STUPID.

i know editec will say we should not have allowed Germans to import their cars here ... well we already tried this trick back in USSR and i remember pushing cars up the hill very well.

i also remember how well this strategy worked in the long run. labor unions must DIE if American industry is to live.

Last edited:
somebody in another thread said that in Mexico when anybody raises the issue of forming a labor union he gets killed.

if we had that here GM and Chrysler would be putting Toyota and Honda out of business right now.

labor unions are nothing more than PRICE FIXING on the labor side of the equation.

we have lawsuits when prices for flash memory or LCD panels are fixed. fixing prices for labor is NO BETTER.

If you sit in an Audi and then sit in a Cadillac you will think the cars were made on different planets. How is this possible ? Are Americans that much dumber than Germans ? not really. Is Cadillac that much cheaper than Audi ? not really. ITS THE UNIONS STUPID.

i know editec will say we should not have allowed Germans to import their cars here ... well we already tried this trick back in USSR and i remember pushing cars up the hill very well.

i also remember how well this strategy worked in the long run. labor unions must DIE if American industry is to live.

You are a piece of shit if you are suggesting that it is good or ok for corporations to murder employees that fight for worker rights.

By the way, Cole employees just voted and they want a union.

Workers have been threatened with pay cuts, job eliminations and reduced hours since the vote on Tuesday, according to Roger Grobstich, international representative for the union.

Workers vote to unionize at N.L. Cole's plant | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City

Well labor unions do increase unemployment, but I'm not sure killing those who believe in them is a logical step to take.

There are unions in every other industrialized country. Did you know that?

In other words, American middle class and poor people need to take a giant step back in order for American corporations to compete globally.

That means you too stupid. What do you do for a living? You make too much for your company to compete. Will you please take a pay cut?

Do you know what percentage of Americans are in unions? Something like 8 percent.

So how come so many non union companies are going overseas?

So really it isn't unions, its all American workers.

Why don't you guys just be honest? Probably because you know how to divide and concur. First start with the unions, the pit the north againt the south. And then when all the jobs are down south, take them and move them overseas.

Because even broke ass southerners in red states make more than indians, mexicans and chinese.

PS. It isn't just GM and Chrysler that are struggling. Why aren't the non union auto makers not doing well? And how come GM & Ford had profits in 1999?

The GOP spin on this doesn't make sense.

General Motors Corp. led the slide with a 45 percent U.S. sales plunge compared with a year earlier, while Ford Motor Co. reported a 41 percent drop. Sales at Toyota Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC both dropped 39 percent, while Honda Motor Co. reported a 36 percent decline.

Last edited:
it is well known that labor unions do nothing but ensure that less people will be hired and that all people will be paying more than they have to for lower quality goods and services.

have you ever had to deal with the carpenters' union, the plumbers' union etc. it's fucking ridiculous.

I worked as a consultant for a Massachusetts State group home a while back and would like to tell you a little story how unions have done nothing but engage in overpriced make work strategies.

this particular group home housed 8 developmentally disabled adult men (mentally retarded to you and me). because of initial shoddy work by union members, both bathrooms for the men were falling apart and were not up to code by the way. Some idiot union electrician actually put a bank of electric switches inside the shower. (What a fucking moron!). Improper mortar and grout were used on the tiles and they were falling off in less than a year. The water pipes, installed by union plumbers of course, were leaking into the walls and caused a mold problem.

When it was time to fix these bathrooms, we had to call a carpenter to cut a hole in the wall for new switches, an electrician to wire the switches, then we had to call the carpenter back to patch the hole from the old switches and we then had to call a painter in to finish the job.

For every step of this job, we had to use 3 times as many people than was necessary.

The grand total for retiling two shower rooms, moving 2 banks of switches and fixing the leaky pipes in the wall..... $37,000. All thanks to union labor. Oh and BTW the new tile was falling off the wall in 6 months because instead of thin set and grout, the fucking union moron used a water based adhesive.

Now to put this in perspective, I gutted a 1200 square foot apartment to the studs, re framed two rooms, added cathedral ceilings in 2 rooms, installed 9 skylights, ran all new wiring and lights, installed a bathroom and kitchen, all new insulation, sheet rock and plaster and hardwood oak floors (not laminate either) for less than 70K and these morons spent more than half that to put up some tile and move some switches.

THAT is what union labor does for this country.

So Skull,

Are you suggesting, like neurosisport, that unions should be outlawed?

Isn't that anti-freedom and un-American?

I could be mistaken, but don't companies with unionized labor still retain the right to lay everyone off and start over if they choose?

So Skull,

Are you suggesting, like neurosisport, that unions should be outlawed?

Isn't that anti-freedom and un-American?

I could be mistaken, but don't companies with unionized labor still retain the right to lay everyone off and start over if they choose?

Have you ever tried to get a union slob fired? it's nearly impossible.

And I don't care if unions are outlawed or not. I personally do not hire union contractors for any work I have done. I hire the guy who owns his own company and who takes personal pride in doing a quality job at a fair price.

The fact is unions won't be outlawed and people who have never dealt with the absolute idiocy of union make work rules have no idea just how wasteful the whole idea of union labor really is and would rather have ALL workers unionized thereby guaranteeing higher unemployment and higher prices for shitty products. yay unions

Forum List

Back