Labor unions over 20,000 march for economic justice in New York City

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icznf-z-xrQ]Labor unions march for economic justice in New York City...~ #Occupytogether - YouTube[/ame]

Edited: 02 December, 2011, 11:11
Thousands of labor union members have marched for jobs and economic fairness in the streets of New York City, the heart of the Occupy movement. RT's Marina Portnaya has been at the scene.

The Thursday march was organized by the New York City Central Labor Council, which called on everyone "who is frustrated and worried about the growing economic disparity in this country" to take to the streets.

RT's Marina Portnaya reports that there some 20,000 people taking part in the march demanding accountability from their elected officials. The people are from various labor unions and include teachers and electricity workers. The event has been peaceful so far.

Labor unions march for economic justice in New York City...~ #Occupytogether - YouTube

Edited: 02 December, 2011, 11:11
Thousands of labor union members have marched for jobs and economic fairness in the streets of New York City, the heart of the Occupy movement. RT's Marina Portnaya has been at the scene.

The Thursday march was organized by the New York City Central Labor Council, which called on everyone "who is frustrated and worried about the growing economic disparity in this country" to take to the streets.

RT's Marina Portnaya reports that there some 20,000 people taking part in the march demanding accountability from their elected officials. The people are from various labor unions and include teachers and electricity workers. The event has been peaceful so far.

Russia Today teaming up in Solidarity with Unions, Screwing Everyone over without a Union ID Card. Real Economic Justice there Sparky. :D

Unions will continue to be willing dupes until their services are no longer needed by those using them...and are abolished.

and then X amount of years from now, after management fucks over the workers again,and they will,the pendulum will swing back to starting Unions again.....

Why don't unionized laborers give up some benefits then use that to finance better wages for others?

Selfishness.

Um, well, like what benefits? Vacation days? Sick pay? Medical coverage? Specifically in what ways are they being selfish? From what I recall about Unions, those things are not transferable. I don't know for sure, but unless I am mistaken, the companies that ahndle the benefits and such are outside union resources. :dunno:

Why don't unionized laborers give up some benefits then use that to finance better wages for others?

Selfishness.

Um, well, like what benefits? Vacation days? Sick pay? Medical coverage? Specifically in what ways are they being selfish? From what I recall about Unions, those things are not transferable. I don't know for sure, but unless I am mistaken, the companies that ahndle the benefits and such are outside union resources. :dunno:

In a Liberated Society, the way to fight Injustice is through Legislation, Impartial Legislation.

There is One Union that I do believe in, the USA. It is the only Genuine Union I'm conscious of. ;)

You want to fight Injustice in the Business World, show cause, bring it to Court, be it Government Court or the Court of Public Opinion. The thing is, you need to back up your claims.

Competing with unfair Businesses also brings Justice and makes crooked things straight, at least when Government and Union Practices don't get in the way, obstructing Justice.

Just a thought.

Forum List

Back