Labor Unions...Good or Bad?

Are labor unions good or bad for capitalism and economic growth?

• Good

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Are labor unions good or bad for capitalism and economic growth?

Explain in 300 words or less, please.

Last edited:
they almost put GM outta business, but we the taxpayers had to bail their asses out. the union bosses still got rich though.

I think there was a time and place for unions. I think those times have passed. Also I think all unions should be abolished in the public sector. When our tax dollars are paying you , YOU SHOULD not allowed to strike period. Teachers should be judged on their merit and not how many years they have been teachers because that makes them lazy when they know they cant be fired

I think there was a time and place for unions. I think those times have passed. Also I think all unions should be abolished in the public sector. When our tax dollars are paying you , YOU SHOULD not allowed to strike period. Teachers should be judged on their merit and not how many years they have been teachers because that makes them lazy when they know they cant be fired

In other words ...

we tax payers should be able to fuck over public sector workers.

Neither. They're just a choice by employees whether they want to bargain collectively for their wages and perks.

Historically, they've been good. They've acted like an athlete's agent, and negotiated the best deal they could. They've been out in front on issues like workplace safety, and an advocate for workers.

Clearly, after WWII, they were an economic driver that gave us a strong middle class, and improved the lives of those they represented.

Unions have created a lazy worker who doesn't have pride in their work. When a worker comes in and can do the least they can and get the same pay as the most diligent worker, there is no incentive for anyone to excel at their job. They usually cannot be fired and look for the easy way out.

If we have contract workers who are only rewarded contracts when they excel at their job and prove to be dependable worketrs, the company as whole is rewarded with higher pay and loyal workers.

Unions have created a lazy worker who doesn't have pride in their work. When a worker comes in and can do the least they can and get the same pay as the most diligent worker, there is no incentive for anyone to excel at their job. They usually cannot be fired and look for the easy way out.

If we have contract workers who are only rewarded contracts when they excel at their job and prove to be dependable worketrs, the company as whole is rewarded with higher pay and loyal workers.

I love how you guys think a union worker can never be fired. Ever.

Unions tend to get rid of deadbeats before the company ever knows what happened.

Unions tend to get rid of deadbeats before the company ever knows what happened.

Yup. I've seen it many times.

If you draw a pay check, you owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Labor Movement.

If you draw a pay check, you owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Labor Movement.

Bullshit! You owe gratitude to that which provides the job for you.

Just in case you're wondering, the only jobs created by unions are for the union fat cats and their staffs.

Unions SUCK! Unions are legalized MAFIA!

Forum List

Back