Labor Union Poll, 11% drop

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
This comes as no surprise, seems anything so intimately suck-holed to the Democratic party is losing popularity! I guess their just :dig: but well paid off with Obama bucks.

Poll: Labor unions losing popularity
By Eric Zimmermann - 09/07/09 10:08 AM ET

Since it's Labor Day, it's worth highlighting the results of a Gallup poll from last week: Labor unions have become markedly less popular in recent years.

Just 48% of Americans approve of labor unions. That's an 11% drop from last year, and a 17% from drop 2003.

While most Americans (66%) believe labor unions are beneficial to their own members, a slim majority (51% to 39%) think unions hurt the overall economy. Public opinion is split on whether unions help specific companies.

The implications of this for card-check are, well, not so great.

Labor unions = GOOD for lazy, nonproductive employees.

Labor unions = BAD for companies/businesses.

Not much more to it than that.

Unions played an important part in American labor at one time, but they became corrupt VERY fast, many held by organized crime for years.

Unions drove up costs and lowered production in many industries to the point that US products don't even compete anymore.

When is the last time you picked up a phone or a remote and it said 'made in America' on it?

Outside of food products, the US imports most things, not a good postion to be in.

Thanks to Unions.

Unions played an important part in American labor at one time, but they became corrupt VERY fast, many held by organized crime for years.

Unions drove up costs and lowered production in many industries to the point that US products don't even compete anymore.

When is the last time you picked up a phone or a remote and it said 'made in America' on it?

Outside of food products, the US imports most things, not a good postion to be in.

Thanks to Unions.

When I was around 14 years old my father took me on a tour of a General Motors plant where he was the General Manager. They produced turbo chargers for locomotives. The time around 11:00 a.m. and we were walking around the various work stations. As we were walking around I noticed many employees sitting around on pallets, chairs, some playing cards, some kinda or just plain sleeping. I thought it was kind of strange, after all my father was the boss.
:cuckoo:
When we got to his office I asked about all those employees doing nothing. He told me, well they finished their work. I asked, I thought they worked until 4:30 p.m.. He said they do but each job has a set time negotiated with the Union and Management. In other words if it's negotiated as an 8hr. task and they get it done in 3hrs, all they have to do the rest of the day is stay at their work stations.
:eusa_eh:
Then I asked, why can't you tell them to get to work on something else. He said, I'm not allowed to talk to them at all, I have to go to the shop union steward to give them their work assignments, even so, they already finished their quota and that's about it!
:eusa_hand:
That was my first introduction to a Union shop. These employees were making great money for the times and super benefit packages. Well, about seven years down the road the plant closed and moved to Japan and my Father retired! The Plant employed somewhere around 300 people.
:eusa_think:

Unions have become a bunch of poor suckers at this point. They have been used by the Democrats for years and have seen no benefit or gain. In fact they have seen massive losses instead. Their own Union Leaders simply sold them out a long time ago. They went right along with ole Slick Willy Clinton when he was signing NAFTA into Law which cost their workers thousands & thousands of jobs. The Democrats talked a good game to them but in the end they simply screwed em. The Democrats are going to continue screwing them in the future as well. There are many more Global Free Trade deals on the table which the Democrats are going to sign on to eventually. The unions had way too much corruption in their leadership over the years and are now paying the price. It's very sad stuff.

Forum List

Back