Labor Leaders must pay for parade if R's are banned

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
The mayor has a most interesting take on the banning of Republicans from the Labor Day Parade. Taxpayers money is used to pay for the event. I assume that R's pay taxes as well as D's.

I love his line "it's a parade for God's sake".:clap2:

Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says

MILWAUKEE | Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04pm EDT

MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - The mayor of a Wisconsin town said on Tuesday a local labor council would have to reimburse the city up to $2,000 for a Labor Day parade if organizers exclude Republican lawmakers from attending.

The move in Wausau, Wisconsin, came after a county labor official said last week that Republican politicians were not welcome at the event due to their party's stance against collective bargaining when state lawmakers voted to curtail it earlier this year.

Wausau Mayor Jim Tipple told Reuters on Tuesday that the decision to exclude elected Republicans "flies in the face of public policy."

"This is not a political rally, it's a parade, for God's sake," Tipple said, noting that taxpayer money is used by the city to pay for staging the event. Tipple's office is nonpartisan, and he claims no affiliation with either political party.

The rest of the article is at the link.

Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says | Reuters

the mayor has a most interesting take on the banning of republicans from the labor day parade. Taxpayers money is used to pay for the event. I assume that r's pay taxes as well as d's.

I love his line "it's a parade for god's sake".:clap2:

labor leaders must pay for parade if gop banned, mayor says

milwaukee | tue aug 30, 2011 6:04pm edt

milwaukee (reuters) - the mayor of a wisconsin town said on tuesday a local labor council would have to reimburse the city up to $2,000 for a labor day parade if organizers exclude republican lawmakers from attending.

The move in wausau, wisconsin, came after a county labor official said last week that republican politicians were not welcome at the event due to their party's stance against collective bargaining when state lawmakers voted to curtail it earlier this year.

Wausau mayor jim tipple told reuters on tuesday that the decision to exclude elected republicans "flies in the face of public policy."

"this is not a political rally, it's a parade, for god's sake," tipple said, noting that taxpayer money is used by the city to pay for staging the event. Tipple's office is nonpartisan, and he claims no affiliation with either political party.

the rest of the article is at the link.

labor leaders must pay for parade if gop banned, mayor says | reuters
bwaaa haaa haaa !!!ante up faggots!!

bwaaa haaa haaa !!!ante up faggots!!

Got your parades mixed up...?
the only parade you wont see conservatives in is a gay pride parade !!!.............FACT............ MOST FAGGOTS ARE DEMOCRATS !!!
Would it be too much to ask that you stop being an idiot? Or if that's too much trouble, at least stop identifying yourself as a conservative?

Got your parades mixed up...?
the only parade you wont see conservatives in is a gay pride parade !!!.............FACT............ MOST FAGGOTS ARE DEMOCRATS !!!
Would it be too much to ask that you stop being an idiot? Or if that's too much trouble, at least stop identifying yourself as a conservative?
Yup! You guys have got to cut morons like him from your herd. It makes it way too easy to slam Conservatism when attitudes like his are on full display.

The Dems are the ones who made it into a political thing.
Repubs are still in power, so they ban them from the parade and then expect for them to release the funds to pay for it?
What in the world did they expect?

pshaw,, the union thugs got plenty of money, let them fund they own damn parade..

Yup! You guys have got to cut morons like him from your herd. It makes it way too easy to slam Conservatism when attitudes like his are on full display.
The First Amendment says he can say what he wants and associate with whom he wants.

Sounds fair to me.

I agree.

They cant ban them from a publically paid event.

I think they should go.

I think cameras should be there to catch the warm welcome they will recieve from the crowds of workers who pay taxes.

Sounds fair to me.

I agree.

They cant ban them from a publically paid event.

I think they should go.

I think cameras should be there to catch the warm welcome they will recieve from the crowds of workers who pay taxes.

They ready did publicize the 'warm welcome' the Republicans got... when they retained control of the state legislature after the unions spent $40 million failing to get it back for the Dims. :rofl:

Forum List

Back