Third Quarter 2011, Revised

Nonfarm business sector labor productivity increased at a 2.3 percent
annual rate during the third quarter of 2011
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today, with output and hours worked rising 3.2 percent
and 0.8 percent, respectively. (All quarterly percent changes in this
release are seasonally adjusted annual rates.) From the third quarter of
2010 to the third quarter of 2011, output increased 2.4 percent as hours
rose 1.4 percent, resulting in a 0.9 percent increase in productivity.
(See tables A and 2.) Labor productivity, or output per hour, is calculated by
dividing an index of real output by an index of hours worked of all
persons, including employees, proprietors, and unpaid family workers.

The productivity measures released today are based on more recent and more
complete data than were available for the preliminary report issued
November 3. (See Revised measures.)

Unit labor costs in nonfarm businesses fell 2.5 percent in the third
quarter of 2011, reflecting the 2.3 percent increase in output per hour
combined with a 0.2 percent decline in hourly compensation.
Unit labor
costs rose 0.4 percent over the last four quarters. (See tables A and 2.) BLS
defines unit labor costs as the ratio of hourly compensation to labor
productivity; increases in hourly compensation tend to increase unit labor
costs and increases in output per hour tend to reduce them.

There you have it. More production per employee and less pay for the employee. This is the GOP's wet dream. And people like this lying poster support that 100%.

Exactly... high unemployment AND increased productivity? Yep, Like I said... Henry Potter's Wet Dream. Welcome back to the turn of the 20th century. Pretty soon they'll be paying us in Company Scrip and forcing us to buy from Company Stores(at a huge profit, of course).

And we will get a repeat of Ludlow once again. With asses like Nick and Full Auto as triggermen.

Obama and Pelosi are Conservatives? Really?

Obama's been at the job for 3 years. I didn't know that he put up policies that allowed CEOs, many who head companies they didn't start or even grow, to make 470 times the wages of the average salary worker at their companies.

Can you point to any of those policies?

I can point to Bush's changes in overtime rules. And changes in the bankrupcy laws.

Do you even know what CEO stands for? Do you know what the job description is?

Yeah... it stands for Chief Executive Officer, and the Job description apparently goes something like this:

Run a good business by exporting American Jobs to slave labor countries, Demand more from the American Workers who are still under his rule and Privatize the Profits...CEO gets rich.

Run a shitty business and Socialize the Losses...CEO gets still gets his huge bonuses at taxpayers expense(not to mention the Golden Parachute if he/she ACTUALLY does get fired)...In short... CEO Gets Rich.

Fuck America.

You are a lying SOB.

PRODUCTIVITY AND COSTS
Third Quarter 2011, Revised

Nonfarm business sector labor productivity increased at a 2.3 percent
annual rate during the third quarter of 2011
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today, with output and hours worked rising 3.2 percent
and 0.8 percent, respectively. (All quarterly percent changes in this
release are seasonally adjusted annual rates.) From the third quarter of
2010 to the third quarter of 2011, output increased 2.4 percent as hours
rose 1.4 percent, resulting in a 0.9 percent increase in productivity.
(See tables A and 2.) Labor productivity, or output per hour, is calculated by
dividing an index of real output by an index of hours worked of all
persons, including employees, proprietors, and unpaid family workers.

The productivity measures released today are based on more recent and more
complete data than were available for the preliminary report issued
November 3. (See Revised measures.)

Unit labor costs in nonfarm businesses fell 2.5 percent in the third
quarter of 2011, reflecting the 2.3 percent increase in output per hour
combined with a 0.2 percent decline in hourly compensation.
Unit labor
costs rose 0.4 percent over the last four quarters. (See tables A and 2.) BLS
defines unit labor costs as the ratio of hourly compensation to labor
productivity; increases in hourly compensation tend to increase unit labor
costs and increases in output per hour tend to reduce them.

There you have it. More production per employee and less pay for the employee. This is the GOP's wet dream. And people like this lying poster support that 100%.

Exactly... high unemployment AND increased productivity? Yep, Like I said... Henry Potter's Wet Dream. Welcome back to the turn of the 20th century. Pretty soon they'll be paying us in Company Scrip and forcing us to buy from Company Stores(at a huge profit, of course).

And we will get a repeat of Ludlow once again. With asses like Nick and Full Auto as triggermen.

Oh for the ideal of a Dickensonian America

Most folks I know move on to another job if they are that dissatisfied with their current one. I know it might take a bit of effort to get qualified for a better, and a little discomfort to make a move to another job , but that's life, always has been.

Mr Fucktard strikes again with more bullshit. people need to be paid more for increasing growth, if you're ok with getting fucking ripped off thats your shit.

People need to get a job that pays more then, it isn't my problem you and your ilk rely on government setting your wage, I'll negotiate my own wage, "fucktard".

It's absolutely amazing how you can say such meaningless things without realizing how meaningless they are. The problem is that you don't want to acknowledge what's actually happening in this country because you'd rather hold on to an ideology no matter what the cost.

This article doesn't show us anything that we haven't already known for quite some time now. Our economy has been channeling wealth ever upward and less and less through the rest of the populace. You seem to think that only certain people are entitled to generate income. The single question that you are never willing to consider is, is this workable and sustainable? You let your ideology get in the way, you come up with all your excuses about how it's the allegedly only moral alternative. You'd plunge the country into a third world setting on the basis of adhering to your ideology.

There is one all important thing that fuels our economy, and that is circulation. Wealth is being less and less circulated in our economy, it's been happening for a long time, and you want it to keep happening. But hey, it's America, stupidity is your right. So go ahead and continue to ram your head into a wall some more.

I do -not- think this is a bipartisan issue. This is a have vs the have nots. This is the corruption in government, the lobbyists product. Close the border and as the economy grows the scarcity of labor will grow. Demand will rise and so will pay.

Unfortunately, no, this is not what's happening in our country to really fuel our economic problems. Not that your concept is invalid. It's just that our economy has been morphing for some time in ways such that the old solutions are no longer enough to address the current problems. One of the main problems that we are facing is that developments in the way we do business have become much more efficient than ever before. Businesses get more done with less and less labor. This, naturally, makes them hire less and maintain a smaller workforce even as the economy rebounds somewhat, their income grows, and demand for their products increase.

Forum List

Back