Labor Force's Share Of Income Plunges To Lowest Recorded Level

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you

The labor force's share of income -- or the percentage of national income -- fell to a nearly 60-year-low last quarter, according to data from the Federal Reserve bank of St. Louis. The share dropped to 57.1 percent, according to economist Nouriel Roubini, compared to an average of nearly 65 percent percent before the year 2000.

The low-level of national income that the labor force is taking home signals that though employers may be experiencing a growth in productivity, the rise in income is going towards company profits, not workers. The figures are just one measure indicating that income inequality is on the rise. The top one percent of earners saw their incomes grow by 275 percent between 1979 and 2009, according to the Congressional Budget Office, while the bottom fifth of earners experienced a 20 percent rise in income during the same period.

What does this mean? Workers are working their asses off and not being properly paid and don't give me that bullshit that they should be happy to have a job.

Now you see why people are Occupying Wall Street.

As planned by the conservatives. They feel that there is an entitled class of people that should gloam all the profits of other people's labor, ideas, tax payer funded infrastructure/education/judicial system/police and fire protection. Why? Because of a mandate from god.

That's why.

And the wealthy rejoice!

Merry Christmas Motherfuckers!!!!!

The country has been turned into Henry Potter's wet dream(see "it's a Wonderful Life")

We are headed for massive labor unrest as workers realize they are working harder and have lost their chance at the American dream

Everyone is focused on the benefits that the 1% get and the benefits that welfare recipients get. It is the middle class that is paying the freight and they are not going to stand for it much longer

They will demand a fair wage, health benefits, a chance to educate their kids, a chance to own a home.......the same American dream their forefathers had

The labor force's share of income -- or the percentage of national income -- fell to a nearly 60-year-low last quarter, according to data from the Federal Reserve bank of St. Louis. The share dropped to 57.1 percent, according to economist Nouriel Roubini, compared to an average of nearly 65 percent percent before the year 2000.

The low-level of national income that the labor force is taking home signals that though employers may be experiencing a growth in productivity, the rise in income is going towards company profits, not workers. The figures are just one measure indicating that income inequality is on the rise. The top one percent of earners saw their incomes grow by 275 percent between 1979 and 2009, according to the Congressional Budget Office, while the bottom fifth of earners experienced a 20 percent rise in income during the same period.

What does this mean? Workers are working their asses off and not being properly paid and don't give me that bullshit that they should be happy to have a job.

Most folks I know move on to another job if they are that dissatisfied with their current one. I know it might take a bit of effort to get qualified for a better, and a little discomfort to make a move to another job , but that's life, always has been.

Most folks I know move on to another job if they are that dissatisfied with their current one. I know it might take a bit of effort to get qualified for a better, and a little discomfort to make a move to another job , but that's life, always has been.

Mr Fucktard strikes again with more bullshit. people need to be paid more for increasing growth, if you're ok with getting fucking ripped off thats your shit.

As planned by the conservatives. They feel that there is an entitled class of people that should gloam all the profits of other people's labor, ideas, tax payer funded infrastructure/education/judicial system/police and fire protection. Why? Because of a mandate from god.

That's why.

Obama and Pelosi are Conservatives? Really?

Obamanomics having its intended affect: Drive as many people into poverty and government dependency as humanly possible

That's why.

Obama's been at the job for 3 years. I didn't know that he put up policies that allowed CEOs, many who head companies they didn't start or even grow, to make 470 times the wages of the average salary worker at their companies.

Can you point to any of those policies?

I can point to Bush's changes in overtime rules. And changes in the bankrupcy laws.

Mr Fucktard strikes again with more bullshit. people need to be paid more for increasing growth, if you're ok with getting fucking ripped off thats your shit.

People need to get a job that pays more then, it isn't my problem you and your ilk rely on government setting your wage, I'll negotiate my own wage, "fucktard".

That's why.

No! You are wrong. Conservatives dont like this shit either. Believe it or not but I would suspect most of us have friends/family in the labor market. Do you really believe that we aim to slit the throats of people around us???

This is simple economics, and it comes back to our policy of open borders. Supply/Demand dictate market prices. We maintain an atmosphere of cheap labor costs by welcoming cheap labor!

I do -not- think this is a bipartisan issue. This is a have vs the have nots. This is the corruption in government, the lobbyists product. Close the border and as the economy grows the scarcity of labor will grow. Demand will rise and so will pay.

Government gets what it pays for, if it wanted the border sealed it would do it. It doesnt, so they are open. Enjoy your pat down at the airport.

I am sure the corporate liberals share your opinion even though they will never admit it. And with obvious reasons. This country was founded on cheap labor. First it was indentured servants and Indians they could make slaves. Then it was the negro slaves. Then it was wage slaves untill the people started forming unions and stood up for themselves. Now its immigrants and prisoners.

Corporate Liberals are destroying this country.

People need to get a job that pays more then, it isn't my problem you and your ilk rely on government setting your wage, I'll negotiate my own wage, "fucktard".

And if you don't like the President of the United States move to another country you fucktard, nobody should have to essentially work for free to make the rich get richer.

That's why.

Obama's been at the job for 3 years. I didn't know that he put up policies that allowed CEOs, many who head companies they didn't start or even grow, to make 470 times the wages of the average salary worker at their companies.

Can you point to any of those policies?

I can point to Bush's changes in overtime rules. And changes in the bankrupcy laws.

Do you even know what CEO stands for? Do you know what the job description is?

Its a good thing unemployment has nothing to do with that right?

It is not about the ability of an individual worker to finagle a better job or work the system. It is about all middle class jobs and how they are not keeping up with rising costs of housing, energy, healthcare and education.

The American worker is being told to work harder and produce more. The benefits of that labor is not going to the worker but is going to the executives and corporate ownership. They tell the workers that times are hard and the workers need to settle for less....meanwhile, they are making more

There's no growth in productivity.

You are a lying SOB.

PRODUCTIVITY AND COSTS
Third Quarter 2011, Revised

Nonfarm business sector labor productivity increased at a 2.3 percent
annual rate during the third quarter of 2011
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today, with output and hours worked rising 3.2 percent
and 0.8 percent, respectively. (All quarterly percent changes in this
release are seasonally adjusted annual rates.) From the third quarter of
2010 to the third quarter of 2011, output increased 2.4 percent as hours
rose 1.4 percent, resulting in a 0.9 percent increase in productivity.
(See tables A and 2.) Labor productivity, or output per hour, is calculated by
dividing an index of real output by an index of hours worked of all
persons, including employees, proprietors, and unpaid family workers.

The productivity measures released today are based on more recent and more
complete data than were available for the preliminary report issued
November 3. (See Revised measures.)

Unit labor costs in nonfarm businesses fell 2.5 percent in the third
quarter of 2011, reflecting the 2.3 percent increase in output per hour
combined with a 0.2 percent decline in hourly compensation.
Unit labor
costs rose 0.4 percent over the last four quarters. (See tables A and 2.) BLS
defines unit labor costs as the ratio of hourly compensation to labor
productivity; increases in hourly compensation tend to increase unit labor
costs and increases in output per hour tend to reduce them.

There you have it. More production per employee and less pay for the employee. This is the GOP's wet dream. And people like this lying poster support that 100%.

There's no growth in productivity.

You are a lying SOB.

PRODUCTIVITY AND COSTS
Third Quarter 2011, Revised

Nonfarm business sector labor productivity increased at a 2.3 percent
annual rate during the third quarter of 2011
, the U.S. Bureau of Labor
Statistics reported today, with output and hours worked rising 3.2 percent
and 0.8 percent, respectively. (All quarterly percent changes in this
release are seasonally adjusted annual rates.) From the third quarter of
2010 to the third quarter of 2011, output increased 2.4 percent as hours
rose 1.4 percent, resulting in a 0.9 percent increase in productivity.
(See tables A and 2.) Labor productivity, or output per hour, is calculated by
dividing an index of real output by an index of hours worked of all
persons, including employees, proprietors, and unpaid family workers.

The productivity measures released today are based on more recent and more
complete data than were available for the preliminary report issued
November 3. (See Revised measures.)

Unit labor costs in nonfarm businesses fell 2.5 percent in the third
quarter of 2011, reflecting the 2.3 percent increase in output per hour
combined with a 0.2 percent decline in hourly compensation.
Unit labor
costs rose 0.4 percent over the last four quarters. (See tables A and 2.) BLS
defines unit labor costs as the ratio of hourly compensation to labor
productivity; increases in hourly compensation tend to increase unit labor
costs and increases in output per hour tend to reduce them.

There you have it. More production per employee and less pay for the employee. This is the GOP's wet dream. And people like this lying poster support that 100%.

Exactly... high unemployment AND increased productivity? Yep, Like I said... Henry Potter's Wet Dream. Welcome back to the turn of the 20th century. Pretty soon they'll be paying us in Company Scrip and forcing us to buy from Company Stores(at a huge profit, of course).

Its a good thing unemployment has nothing to do with that right?

Unemployment has everything to do with it. The very wealthy love high unemployment. It gives them the oppertunity to pay less for more productivity, and anyone dare say anything, they are out the door.

That is why, in spite of 9-11, Bush and his minions left the southern border wide open for the whole of his terms. More labor, legal or illegal, and more competition for the jobs that existed. So you could pay less for labor.

And fools like you, FoolishAuto, support this policy completely. You are a traitor to your fellow Americans.

Forum List

Back