Labor department wants to end farming

I grew up on a farm, a real farm. Not a pretend farm that some people have so they have a place to get away from the wife on Sunday.

When I was nine, I learned how to drive a tractor and hay rack and from that point on, I did about everything that you could imagine: from chopping silage to working on augers in silos.

I understand what they wanted to accomplish with this legislation, but it was a bad idea and I am glad they wisely dropped it.

Even if you wanted to text on your phone, or play a video game while driving a tractor, you could not have done it.

Now kids can.

So the law is updated to reflect new safety standards: Why is there any difference because the standards are for childern on farms?

Although, I'm a little surprised to see the rules changed for tobacco harvesting? WTF is that supposed to accomplish?

You mean "responsive government"?

Oh wait, I forgot. You are a dumbass .

Responsive to whom? The farmers and the multitude of representatives, including Democrats, who all argued this was a bad idea for the last few months, or Obama calling Solis and telling her to put this away until after the election because the last thing he needs right now is another fight against traditional American values right before reelection?

That is not the question of a dumbass,m it is the question of a cynic.

To me it seems more like "how can we keep whining about Obama when we get what we want".

In reality, conservative were hoping that this bad policy went through so they could score points.

Where is the valor in that?

The day before the final version of the update rules were to be released they back down, and you, for some reason,m think it was not a political decision.

Care to explain whatever logic you used to come to that conclusion?

I grew up on a farm, a real farm. Not a pretend farm that some people have so they have a place to get away from the wife on Sunday.

When I was nine, I learned how to drive a tractor and hay rack and from that point on, I did about everything that you could imagine: from chopping silage to working on augers in silos.

I understand what they wanted to accomplish with this legislation, but it was a bad idea and I am glad they wisely dropped it.

Even if you wanted to text on your phone, or play a video game while driving a tractor, you could not have done it.

Now kids can.

So the law is updated to reflect new safety standards: Why is there any difference because the standards are for childern on farms?

Although, I'm a little surprised to see the rules changed for tobacco harvesting? WTF is that supposed to accomplish?

And making it illegal to use a CB radio makes sense because...

I didn't think you had a reason.

Responsive to whom? The farmers and the multitude of representatives, including Democrats, who all argued this was a bad idea for the last few months, or Obama calling Solis and telling her to put this away until after the election because the last thing he needs right now is another fight against traditional American values right before reelection?

That is not the question of a dumbass,m it is the question of a cynic.

To me it seems more like "how can we keep whining about Obama when we get what we want".

In reality, conservative were hoping that this bad policy went through so they could score points.

The day before the final version of the update rules were to be released they back down, and you, for some reason,m think it was not a political decision.

When did I say it wasn't political?

Now kids can.

I could have engaged in equally risky and stupid behavior but I didn't because I was taught to do differently by my family (not the gov't) and therein lies the crux of this issue.

I thing exposure to tobacco during harvesting is a cancer risk, but I could be mistaken.

Right here.

Next question?

Right here.

Next question?

No. I still want you to answer my question.

Or I'll do it: I didn't (your misreading of my posts aside).

Forum List

Back