Lab Tests Could Link Saddam's Missing WMDs to Jordan Plot

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** I'm curious to see what these lab tests will reveal **

Laboratory tests on the poison gas smuggled from Syria into Jordan by al Qaeda terrorists earlier this month could determine whether their weapons came from Iraq, intelligence expert John Loftus said Monday.

"What they captured was a poison gas that consisted of several chemicals to be mixed together," Loftus told nationally syndicated radio host John Batchelor. "This has to be a poison gas of what they call the G-series; Sarin, Somin, Taubin and VX."

The terrorism expert noted that, "VX is the only kind of nerve gas where the chemicals could be safely mixed together in the field."

On Saturday, Jordanian officials announced that they had seized WMD components from the cars of the al Qaeda terror plotters, which had been intercepted just 75 miles from the Syrian border. Experts said that had the WMD plot succeeded, it could have killed 20,000.

Jordan's King Abdullah confirmed that the al Qaeda vehicles had come from Syria,

Noted Loftus:

"Syria dopes not make VX nerve gas - only Saddam Hussein did. So it looks as if now that Israeli intelligence and British intelligence were right - that Syria did indeed get a hold of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction just before the war."

Loftus said lab tests of the al Qaeda weapons would be key to establishing a link between the WMDs found in Jordan and Saddam's missing stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/20/234509.shtml

If that were true, that'd me amazing for Bush. There's the WMD and the al-Qaeda link, (although I think the fact that Abu Zarqawi and Abdul Yassin were given shelter is enough for the Iraqi-Osama link).

The entire world thought Saddam had WMD. What I think happened was, once Bush came into office, Saddam KNEW Bush would sent inspectors back in, and Bush would have, even if 9/11 didn't happen.

So Saddam started dismantling his WMDs and hiding them, and deploying them to people.

I think Saddam destroyed maybe 80% of his WMDs in 2001, (as Hans Blix believes) and I think maybe he gave Syria 10% and hide 10% in Iraq.

He violated resolutions 333 times regarding his WMD. Every nation thought he had them. He definitely had them.

The funny part is, we could invade any number of countries right now with their violations of WMD and links to terrorism: Iran, Syria, Sudan, etc.

Forum List

Back