LA Times wins Pulitzer for exposing big salaries

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
LA Times wins Pulitzer for exposing big salaries

The Los Angeles Times won for its series revealing that politicians in Bell, Calif., were drawing salaries well into six figures. The newspaper's reporting that officials in the struggling city of 37,000 people were raising property taxes and other fees in part to cover the huge salaries led to arrests and the ouster of some of Bell's top officials...

One out of six people live in poverty in Bell, while its homeowners paid property taxes higher than those in Beverly Hills. The series showed that the city manager was drawing a salary and benefits package of $1.5 million a year and that four of Bell's part-time City Council members were pulling down annual salaries of $100,000.

LA Times wins Pulitzer for exposing big salaries - Yahoo! News

Bell city salary scandal makes more Americans distrust local governments

All democrats benefiting and democrats managing a democratic district who were doing this to the city of Bell which is a poor city: its per capita income is about half the national average.

Bell city salary scandal makes more Americans distrust local governments

So the liberal LA media finally decided to engage in investigative reporting during a democrat administration and the best they could come up with is a scandal in ...Bell, Ca? Pulitzer would roll over in his grave.

And on lying the country into war? Oh, never-mind. That's not very important. Not when money is concerned.

And on lying the country into war? Oh, never-mind. That's not very important. Not when money is concerned.

You mean that had not been discussed already ad nauseum? This thread is about Bell county not Bush. But if your only response is deflection-- carry on I guess.

Sounds like some public hangings are due there.

I've always liked tar and feathering, myself.

jco0366l.jpg

Forum List

Back