LA Times: McCain 49-45 lead over Obama in Early Florida Voting

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Interesting results since Democrats have 54 percent to 30 percent lead among the 1.4 million voters who have gone to the polls early. Though I believe Republicans lead in absentee ballots.

Is the first sign that the curtain is being pulled back on the Wizard of O?

Story here

Interesting results since Democrats have 54 percent to 30 percent lead among the 1.4 million voters who have gone to the polls early. Though I believe Republicans lead in absentee ballots.

Story here

No no,

They took their normal poll (~1000 voters) and of those pulled out the numbers that had voted already (a small fraction) and of that small fraction, McCain had 48-45% lead. The MOE was very wide since it was a fraction of their normal poll.

Of all respondents, both those who had voted and those who hadn't, Obama led by 3.

Conducted Oct. 25-27, the Los Angeles Times poll gave Obama a 50-47 lead overall in Florida. Only a tiny fraction of the Florida respondents reported voting early, leaving McCain's lead subject to a wide margin of error.
And another poll with similarly small numbvers of voters who had already voted show:

A Quinnipiac University poll, released Wednesday, showed early voters favoring Obama 58-34, another small sample with a potentially wide margin of error.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881029048

Last edited:
If Obama loses, will his followers finally drink the Kool-Aid and join their brethen at the Hale-Bopp comet in the sky?

you crastrate yourself first ...i dont think it hale bopp that they were gonna catch but i could be wrong. btw it was jim jones followers who drank the kool aid...

you crastrate yourself first ...i dont think it hale bopp that they were gonna catch but i could be wrong. btw it was jim jones followers who drank the kool aid...

If Obama assumes his rightful place as King of the World, we might all have to castrate ourselves!

Are you sure you're not one of my kids? They're always catching me on a technicality when I try to tell a joke.

Yes, the followers of Jim Jones drank the Kool-Aid (laced with cyanide). It was the Heaven's Gate cult that met the Hale Bopp comet in the sky. They drank Kool-Aid and then ingested phenobarbital mixed with vodka and used plastic bags secured around their heads to induce asphyxiation.

If Obama assumes his rightful place as King of the World, we might all have to castrate ourselves!

You already did when George became King. I noticed a raise in the pitch of your fonts.:razz:

Keep up the good work paperboy. You may need to get a new route.:eusa_clap:

It's interesting, some surveys show that blacks and young voters are the ones voting early (and those two groups are supposed to favor Obama heavily), yet McCain in a few states. Very interesting, really.

I don't see it actually happening, but if I were Obama, I wouldn't order a big huge celebration for Tuesday night, either.

Story here

Only one poll offered a different view for the campaign of Republican John McCain.

A Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll gave McCain a 49-45 lead over Democrat Barack Obama among Floridians who have already voted.

A Quinnipiac University poll, released Wednesday, showed early voters favoring Obama 58-34, another small sample with a potentially wide margin of error.

You're believing a poll? How about you wait for the results?

New Topics

Forum List

Back