La Raza Demands Obama's Health Reform Plan Cover Illegal Aliens

ok question for yas.....the article says that they( the illegals) will PAY THIER FAIR SHARE.....so the question is.....if someone is putting his fair share in.....should that Indiv. be eligible to participate?......

No. The article did NOT say that "illegals" will pay their fair share. That "edit" was a misrepresentation.

It said the LATINO community will pay their fair share.....

you are aware that most are here legally and work their butts off, right?

Seems like there is some reading comprehension problems involved....

not all Latino's are "illegal"....much as some may think (or wish) they were.
And not all illegals are Latinos. And people wonder why they get labeled xenophobic. :eek:

ok question for yas.....the article says that they( the illegals) will PAY THIER FAIR SHARE.....so the question is.....if someone is putting his fair share in.....should that Indiv. be eligible to participate?......

No. The article did NOT say that "illegals" will pay their fair share. That "edit" was a misrepresentation.

I think it is more intentional than a comprehension problem. I could be wrong, though.

And not all illegals are Latinos. And people wonder why they get labeled xenophobic. :eek:

True dat!

I know what "FAIR" (and Vel) are doing, too...

Good. That means you understand that "Fair ( and Vel ) are simply saying plainly what La Raza tries to hide.

Actually, I understand racists like you, particularly given that nothing in the article talked about illegal immigrants. We have a huge LEGAL latino population in this country. And they do have huge numbers of uninsured.

If you take off your racist blinders, perhaps you can actually understand the point of what La Raza was saying... particularly given they also said they'd PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE to contribute to having our population covere.

Jillian, you may put your race card back in your deck because it's been overused and no longer works. You can spend your time trying to obfuscate this issue but it doesn't change it. Legal immigrants of any nationality will not have issues with "verification". Only those that have snuck into this nation or overstayed their visa's fear someone asking them for identification. While I don't agree with your politics, you are certainly not stupid and are fully capable of reading between the lines of LaRaza's press release.

Last edited:
Pay their fair share? What if they are unemployed or "under-employed"? Shall we add them to our Medicaid/Medicare roles? They won't be paying their "fair share". The hard working taxpayers will. What a bunch of bullshit.

La Raza Demands Obama's Health Reform Plan Cover Illegal Aliens
On Monday, June 15, the National Council of La Raza (La Raza), an open borders advocacy group, issued a statement calling upon Congress to ensure that illegal aliens are given health benefits if and when Congress considers health care reform.
La Raza's statement "strongly urge[d] President Obama and Congress to make every effort to ensure that health care reform reaches all communities" in the United States, and stressed that "one out of every three uninsured persons and roughly 40% of all uninsured children [in the United States] are Latino," and demanded "health care reform that makes coverage affordable and accessible for everyone — all families and all children."
La Raza President and CEO Janet Murguía used the statement to emphasize that "everyone in the U.S. should contribute to a new health system," and that "Latinos [would] accept their responsibility" to contribute to a new health care system and "will pay their fair share for the health coverage they need." While the statement does not reference illegal immigration specifically, or distinguish between legal and illegal aliens, it does express concern that adding new, expensive verification and documentation procedures for immigrants would "severely restrict access to health care coverage." (La Raza Press Release, June 15, 2009).
Specific research has shown that many illegal aliens lack health insurance and represent a disproportionate share of the United States' uninsured population. The Pew Hispanic Center's recent report, A Portrait of Unauthorized Immigrants in the United States, found that 59% of illegal aliens in the United States had no form of health insurance in 2007, and that 45% of illegal alien children were also without health coverage in 2007. It also found that even the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens were insured at the low rate of 25%, and that there was a significant disparity between the volume of uninsured illegal aliens and the volume of uninsured U.S. citizens and other legal residents. (Pew Hispanic Center Report, April 14, 2009).

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): FAIR Legislative Update - June 22, 2009

Amazing..just amazing. :cuckoo:

What's "amazing"?? La Raza knows damned well NO bill (if one is ever enacted) will cover illegal aliens. You should know that too.

Ya? What about the 12 to 20 MILLION illegals? Or have you forgotten them?

Ya? There are MILLIONS of non Latinos in the country illegally? Prove it.

I know what "FAIR" (and Vel) are doing, too...

Ya ALL families and ALL children does not mean illegals right? I mean La Raza is on record opposing illegals right? On record for demanding immigration laws be enforced right? On record demanding all illegals be prevented from gaining housing, welfare and medical treatment for free, RIGHT?

Your lies and misrepresntations won't work you partisan hack.

Ohh look soon they will have a Supreme Court Justice to help them assimilate too.

Gee, Sarge, no prejudice there!! :lol: But for the grace of God no weback or nigga had to save your sorry ass on the battlefield, eh?

Ya? There are MILLIONS of non Latinos in the country illegally? Prove it.
No, YOU prove it, retard. Prove that illegals are getting covered by health care and prove that there are as many here as claimed.

Or stfu and quit spreading your normal hysteria.

We openly tolerate illegals, don't we?

So if the de facto application of thelaw is to accept that they live here, work here, pay taxes here, too, then really... if we're going to initiate some kind of universal HC policy, I cannot image how we cull them out of the herd.

Now I happen to think that we should be culling them out of the herd, but not simply as it pertains to HC coverage.

I think we ought to deport illegals and keep them out, too.

Obviously, I am out of step with the leadership of BOTH major political party on this issue.

The backlog of applications for citizenship has been greatly fast-tracked, so at some point illegals are going to run out of excuses as to why they remain in this country illegally if they intend to stay. If they can't be bothered to obtain a work visa, or at least apply for one, then they should be deported.

I wonder if Mr. Independent <wink wink> Lou Dobbs picked up on this and formulated one of his usual intentionally skewed "poll question" of the day around it.

Forum List

Back