LA Oil Workers Going On Strike.

Mr. P said:
And there ya go K..
One of our local radio guys was down there (NO) on what he called a vacation a few weeks ago. He described it as “just as bad after 3 months as it was after three weeks”.
Trash everywhere, houses still boarded etc..

He took a drive and said, “only one house for miles and miles was being lived in”. He said he spoke with the owners, a couple with modest means who had on their own, restored their home to a better state than it was in before Katrina, and ask why they were there and no one else was. The reply was, “well ya just gotta come back and do it”. That is pretty much why I have no time for the whiners that think SOMEONE ELSE should come in and DO IT.

Join K in the hunt for your heart.

dilloduck said:
It's gotta suck to be going through the grief process around Christmas but you are and will be for sometime. All I can offer is a suggestion that you recognize it as such and try not to let the anger phase of it get out of control. IMHO this is a good place for you to vent but ignore people who think they know better. Putting ignorance in "proper" syntax, grammer and style doesn't make it wisdom.I know who I want to have my back when I get down and it's not those who are eager to mock those who suffer.

Merry Christmas !!

Take a moment out of each day and be grateful for something.

As I said before Dilloduck I have nothing but respect for you. You came down and dedicated your time, life and money for your neighbors in Louisiana. I'm sure the lives you touched showed their appreciation and will be eternally grateful.

I try not to get angry at those that enjoy to kick us when we are down. I actually did say a prayer for Mr. P this past Sunday. I wonder if God knows our screen names? It is hard when you past a FEMA trailer city or even worse a tent complex and see the children outside. Kind of reminds me of what a warzone would look like after a battle.

I really don't understand the mentality of spiting on you brothers when they are down. I'm a history person and kind of sounds like the Romans in the last days of their empire.

dilloduck said:
Join K in the hunt for your heart.
Pound sand Dillo! When Andrew wiped south Florida off the map, I flew gallons of water down there...Ya know what they said? They didn’t piss an moan about what they didn’t have or who wasn’t helping them, they said, Thank you.
You and Yer pal in LA should get a grip. Just my opinion.

Mr. P said:
Pound sand Dillo! When Andrew wiped south Florida off the map, I flew gallons of water down there...Ya know what they said? They didn’t piss an moan about what they didn’t have or who wasn’t helping them, they said, Thank you.
You and Yer pal in LA should get a grip. Just my opinion.

The folks I dealt with in LA were very grateful for what was done for them. Don't get drug into MSM and political rhetoric. Some things are held better with an open hand than a grip.

Mr. P said:
And there ya go K..
One of our local radio guys was down there (NO) on what he called a vacation a few weeks ago. He described it as “just as bad after 3 months as it was after three weeks”.
Trash everywhere, houses still boarded etc..

He took a drive and said, “only one house for miles and miles was being lived in”. He said he spoke with the owners, a couple with modest means who had on their own, restored their home to a better state than it was in before Katrina, and ask why they were there and no one else was. The reply was, “well ya just gotta come back and do it”. That is pretty much why I have no time for the whiners that think SOMEONE ELSE should come in and DO IT.

Your argument like many of your words are hard to understand. Who is arguing that people must rebuild their own lives? Not me. I’m lucky in that my life is intact and it has been my blessing to be able to help others in my family to get their lives back in order. It has brought us closer together and stronger. The state isn’t even asking the government to do the rebuilding for us. They are simply asking for us to be able to keep more of our own resources so we can help ourselves. If the government will not do it and they will not let you do it for yourself then what are you suppose to do? If I’m following your fuzzy logic right then I would think you would agree with me. The state and the people need to rebuild our state. Isn’t that what you are saying? People need to help themselves? The federal government will not as of yet let us do this. This puts people on the edge living in tents over the edge. Bad things will happen if things don’t change. My father always taught me never to turn your back on family and I have not. Many here feel that the government has turned its back on them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
:rotflmao:

dilloduck said:
The folks I dealt with in LA were very grateful for what was done for them. Don't get drug into MSM and political rhetoric. Some things are held better with an open hand than a grip.
I don't give a shit about MSM or political rhetoric..this is about our NO board whiner and pals, that I think most here are pretty sick an tired of, but may not say so..Of course that IS my opinion.

Kathianne said:
Nope my compassion was used up when our LA poster kept coming on and bashing us for not doing more. I did what I could, that wasn't enough. How much did you give to IL flood victims in '87 Dillo? How about Plainfield? You were not college aged then! Bleeding heart...Conveinent now that you have time and money.

When did I say anything about you? I'm saying the government will not do what we need to protect us from another major storm and they will not let us protect ourselves. You never answered the question. What would you do? I've said countless times in my posts that I greatly appreciate the help that millions of everyday Americans have given this area including "YOU". My daughters high school just recieved a 50,000 check from a bunch of high school kids in Idaho. My faith in the American people is still strong. My faith in FEMA and the government to protect us from a disaster is not. May God bless you and your family this holiday season and thank you for whatever help you sent to my state.

You know, extortion is illegal.

There are already plenty of people annoyed with the people of New Orleans being ungrateful for the help we did give them already. I dont think raising everyones gas prices to $5 a gallon is going to make them give more.

rcajun90 said:
... My faith in FEMA and the government to protect us from a disaster is not. ...
And that is exactly the problem with you and southern LA bud, it's NOT the governments role to PROTECT YOU FROM DISASTER, even when/if you insist on living BELOW SEA LEVEL!! Get IT?

You know, extortion is illegal.

There are already plenty of people annoyed with the people of New Orleans being ungrateful for the help we did give them already. I dont think raising everyones gas prices to $5 a gallon is going to make them give more.

Someone please answer this question. If the government will not rebuild the levees to a proper state and they will not let us do it ourselves then what are we to do? I don't believe that wanting keep your resources to protect your self is extortion but please someone answer the question above.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!
:salute:

Mr. P said:
And that is exactly the problem with you and southern LA bud, it's NOT the governments role to PROTECT YOU FROM DISASTER, even when/if you insist on living BELOW SEA LEVEL!! Get IT?

Man you switch from one thing to another. Do you know anything about bipolar disorder? I always thought that one of governments basic functions is to protect their citizens. The federal government will not let the state do it for itself. BTW many parts of New Orleans including the French Quarter is not below sea level. Lake Charles and Biloxi are above sea level. Perhaps if you could come up with a coherent philosophy for your irrational attitude I could get it. However you seem to be a very illogical person are perhaps even suffering from a mental disorder so no I don’t get it. BTW I will pray for you and those like you again this Sunday. Have a nice night Mr. P.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
:usa:

rcajun90 said:
Man you switch from one thing to another. Do you know anything about bipolar disorder? I always thought that one of governments basic functions is to protect their citizens. The federal government will not let the state do it for itself. BTW many parts of New Orleans including the French Quarter is not below sea level. Lake Charles and Biloxi are above sea level. Perhaps if you could come up with a coherent philosophy for your irrational attitude I could get it. However you seem to be a very illogical person are perhaps even suffering from a mental disorder so no I don’t get it. BTW I will pray for you and those like you again this Sunday. Have a nice night Mr. P.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
:usa:
It is your quote, live with it..Actually I know you aready do and that's the problem.

Here's my coherent philosophy, if you folks don't get in there and start cleaning up the shit, don't expect America to do it for you. Clear enough?

dilloduck said:
I realize that you are unable to fathom the state of mind that RC has been in since 2 hurricanes ripped his state apart and you have never had a history of being overly compassionate to me here for that matter but to accuse me of being a bleeding heart for helping is simply an ignorant and desperate attempt to discredit me. Return to go and find your heart, moderator.

Here we go Dillo, it's all about YOU! Yeah, that's my problem. Right. Asswipe. None of this has zip to do with you.

Mr. P said:
It is your quote, live with it..Actually I know you aready do and that's the problem.

Here's my coherent philosophy, if you folks don't get in there and start cleaning up the shit, don't expect America to do it for you. Clear enough?

There you go again switching to another topic. Also here again you don’t know what you are talking about. As I type this, families, local and national companies are down here cleaning up the place. There are even Mexican and Brazilian companies in here cleaning. You are talking about 100’s of thousands of homes and business that need to be gutted or demolished. You don’t do that in three months. I helped my in laws in Slidell to start gutting their house before I had to go back to work. What does this have to do with protecting the people of Southeast Louisiana by stopping coastal erosion and building a better levee system? What does this have to do with the growing anger and radicalization of people in this area due to government not helping to protect us and not letting us keep more of our revenue so we can protect ourselves? Although I was bit embarrassed by them yesterday those 9th ward women that addressed a congressional committee hinted to the desperation and radicalization of the people here. I don’t buy them playing the race card. I’m sure there were acts of racism both black and white during the crisis but one of them said the levees were blown up and there is simply no evidence of that and it doesn’t wash since many white neighborhoods were flooded by the canals. I wasn’t stuck down there during the crisis but I have seen countless photos of white people helping black people and I know when your life is endanger it’s funny how the color of someone’s skin doesn’t matter. I sunk on a boat when I was seventeen out in the gulf and a black deckhand helped me get a life raft down while I searched for food and water anticipating a long stint in the water. I didn’t care about his race nor did he care about mine. However if playing a race card will get congress to give us what we need or to let us do it ourselves then those women did us a great service. You have a good day Mr. P. This lazy good for nothing drunken coonass has to head off for work. You have a great day.

Forum List

Back