LA needs to secede from the USA.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
The wikipedia link said nothing about state vs. national waters.

However, we can logically say that if national waters are defined as 12 nautical miles of water past the coast, then Louisiana would get the section of water that is within 12 miles of their coast. If they own their own land, then they should get the water that goes with it. It's really simple.

And yes, Louisiana (or any other state for that matter) should have the right to secede. That was the unanimous intent of the founders (even the Great Centralizer, Alexander Hamilton). In other words, the south was right.

emotmullet23me.gif

I'm not sure what all the legalities if the issue are but I can attest first hand to the frustration felt by the people of Loisianna (many of whom will suffer for months due to hurricane devastation). They are the ones who have been cast aside while politicians scramble to decide whose "fault" everything was and who should be in charge of restoration. If voting could be held immediately they would have a say so in the matter but they are now unfortunately in the grip of those that have fallen into disfavor with them.

So you rebuild the levees... but really, what good will that do for a region that is under sea level, AND STILL SINKING? Have you ever heard the term "money pit"?

And you people have MUCH to blame on the TOTAL INCOMPETENCE of your mayor and governor. I would think your FIRST call to action would be GETTING RID OF THOSE MORONS! That Nagin is a jackass. HE is a BIG part of your problems.

dilloduck said:
I'm not sure what all the legalities if the issue are but I can attest first hand to the frustration felt by the people of Loisianna (many of whom will suffer for months due to hurricane devastation). They are the ones who have been cast aside while politicians scramble to decide whose "fault" everything was and who should be in charge of restoration. If voting could be held immediately they would have a say so in the matter but they are now unfortunately in the grip of those that have fallen into disfavor with them.
You are the only one that actually did something and not kick us when we are down which most prefer to do on this board. I have nothing but respect for you. I wonder how many of you would change your minds if you came down here to see for yourself. Below is a link of the devastation taken on home video of St. Bernard. These people help to provide you with the oil and seafood you enjoy. Their entire community and culture have been destroyed but they are coming back.

http://southcypressspeedway.com/images/video/Katrina.wmv

rcajun90 said:
You are the only one that actually did something and not kick us when we are down which most prefer to do on this board. I have nothing but respect for you. I wonder how many of you would change your minds if you came down here to see for yourself. Below is a link of the devastation taken on home video of St. Bernard. These people help to provide you with the oil and seafood you enjoy. Their entire community and culture have been destroyed but they are coming back.

http://southcypressspeedway.com/images/video/Katrina.wmv

If the issue was not the rebuilding of CERTAIN levees, I think you would find that people would be much more compassionate. Maybe Louisianna got way to dependent on a small area of New Orleans. Again--If the 9th ward is rebuilt with billions to strenghen the levees who do you think would occupy that area---I am certain that it would not be those who lived there prior to the flooding. Keep the faith dude--Most of your state is damn cool.

Pale Rider said:
So you rebuild the levees... but really, what good will that do for a region that is under sea level, AND STILL SINKING? Have you ever heard the term "money pit"?

So let me get this straight. You think that the entire area of New Orleans is below sea level? Many areas of the city never flooded. The sad thing is that if the levees would have been built the way they were suppose to we wouldn’t even be talking about this. It has been discovered that the steel walls on the original levees in spots only went down 10 feet and not the 20 feet that they were suppose to reach. Those spots were where the levee broke. Biloxi Mississippi is above sea level and most homes and businesses were ripped off their foundation. Slidell Louisiana is above sea level and most of the city flooded due to the storm surge. Lake Charles Louisiana is above sea level and a good 50 minutes from the coast yet it experienced a lot of wind damage and areas did flood. Cameron Parish is above sea level yet the southern part of the parish was flooded out due to storm surge. Lake Charles and Cameron were hit by Rita which was only a category three storm. My point is that this can happen anyplace on the coast. A category five storm would destroy Miami, Tampa Bay and Houston. Would we even be discussing if these cities should be rebuilt? The national response and attitude towards New Orleans is a disgrace. We are Americans. We are taxpayers. If the national government will not help us protect ourselves which is a basic function of government and they will not let us use our own resources to protect ourselves then we are nothing more than a colony.

I’m familiar with the concept of a money pit but usually that is associated with places where you keep pouring money into and not getting anything back. Apparently “The Money Pit” has enough valuable resources that the federal government will not let us use them to protect ourselves. New Orleans is close to 300 years old and this is the first time this has happened. Most of us are stunned and sadden by the federal government’s response.

And you people have MUCH to blame on the TOTAL INCOMPETENCE of your mayor and governor. I would think your FIRST call to action would be GETTING RID OF THOSE MORONS! That Nagin is a jackass. HE is a BIG part of your problems.

We people were trying to clean up our political acts. Blanco and Nagin were elected as reformers. Blanco has turned out to be a complete moron. I'm curious as to why you think Nagin is a jackass and a big part of the problem. Many locals say the same thing but I don't recall him doing the stupid things Blanco did. In fact the National Guard didn't show up until he got on the radio chewing Blanco and Bush out.

rcajun90 said:
We people were trying to clean up our political acts. Blanco and Nagin were elected as reformers. Blanco has turned out to be a complete moron. I'm curious as to why you think Nagin is a jackass and a big part of the problem. Many locals say the same thing but I don't recall him doing the stupid things Blanco did. In fact the National Guard didn't show up until he got on the radio chewing Blanco and Bush out.

Well for one thing---he wanted folks to come back to New Orleans before it all flooded a second time.

dilloduck said:
Well for one thing---he wanted folks to come back to New Orleans before it all flooded a second time.

True I forgot about that one. It seems at times he wants people to come back without a safe place to live.

rcajun90 said:
True I forgot about that one. It seems at times he wants people to come back without a safe place to live.

I could NEVER trust a mayor who was so ready to beg people tocome back and live in harms way. He's all about him--NOT the people of New Orleans

dilloduck said:
I could NEVER trust a mayor who was so ready to beg people tocome back and live in harms way. He's all about him--NOT the people of New Orleans

When he first started calling for people to come back I remember feeling that he was just thinking about himself. However what does he gain by getting people to come back early? His salary is set. The only thing I can think off is he is worried about a second term and more African Americans (ex- 9th Ward) areas he can bring back the more likely he will win a second term. New Orleans right now is for the first time since the Civil War mostly white.

Another good Katrina clip.
http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=1AB9F6E765F54122

The only thing I can think off is he is worried about a second term and more African Americans (ex- 9th Ward) areas he can bring back the more likely he will win a second term. New Orleans right now is for the first time since the Civil War mostly white.

Prozactly----(hard hitting and to the point)

rcajun90 said:

I believe the biggest blunder he made was not using the hundreds and hundreds of school buses to EVACUTE poeple WHILE HE STILL HAD THE CHANCE! He messed up as much BEFORE the hurricane as he did after.

Forum List

Back