LA needs an NFL team - not 3 NBA teams

???

The NFL may or may not need Los Angeles. If the NFL was a self sustaining expanding entity a team would build themselves a stadium and expand i to the LA market.

Instead the NFL just sucks money from Joe and Jane six pack by demanding public money and tax breaks for their stadiums. Welfare for Georgia Frontiere or now Stan Kronke.

The NFL does not build anything or provide a unique product which betters America. Go watch your cousins play high school ball instead. Quit volunteering to use big government to redistribute middle class wealth to the Kronke's and Jerry Jones' of the world

You should do some research before making blanket statements that are so far off the mark. The proposed "Farmer's Field" in downtown LA will be built entirely with private money.

Looks great; I was unfamiliar with the plan. Which team do you think will be moved? Jax, Houston, or both?

Now that I have found a website and have done some reading it sounds like a reasonable plan. AEG owns tons of sporting businesses. I will bring it up at the next Council Meeting I am at when folks start talking about publicly funded upgrades for the Rams in fact.

What went wrong with the 2002 proposal? That 350 million or so of bond money for the convention center.....does LA need a convention center upgrade I assume? Is that the hold up with this plan and the last one?

Now that I have found a website and have done some reading it sounds like a reasonable plan. AEG owns tons of sporting businesses. I will bring it up at the next Council Meeting I am at when folks start talking about publicly funded upgrades for the Rams in fact.

What went wrong with the 2002 proposal? That 350 million or so of bond money for the convention center.....does LA need a convention center upgrade I assume? Is that the hold up with this plan and the last one?

Personally, I don't think LA needs or wants a football team and attendance will be abysmal unless they are winners or have a reason to show up (ala Beckham). But TV money is the driving force and not having a team in the 1 or 2 market in the country is about as brain damaged as anything in the NFL (excuse the concussion pun--bad form on my part).

Forum List

Back