La La La La! I think I got lucky!

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
No..not in THAT way, lol. I had an ad running for roomies where the room will be available in October and today I met a couple looking for a place, at that time frame. Both are young. She is 22, he is 25. I was worried at first...cuz we are old fogies, set in our ways. But we hit it off right away. And the dogs LOVED them. Major factor there. My furkids know stuff humans don't know they know. Mine took to both of them right away. And....the gal is a Native American (Yaqui) and participates in NA dancing. As we showed them the house and the soon to be room they would have, etc, we talked about how the young man wants very much a garden area..to grow corn, tomatoes, and as we were outside, he put his hand out and let the many bees in the flowers crawl on his hand then gently brushed them away. I said bee must be one of his totems...and his eyes lit up and said yeah..he was thinking that awhile back too because lots of bees have been visiting him lately..especially on the door handle of his truck.

They don't like to drink, but they do like a joint now and then. I said fine..but outside. What I don't know won't hurt me. They beamed. They both said they like their meditative areas and private space and I said ME TOO!!! All in all..we talked about 1 and a half hours and they said the energy of my house was very good and would love to call here "home". I said I felt the same way. But....if they find something else between now and October, no hard feelings on either end and they agreed. So....I think I found my new roomies. Young, but old souls.

Now I wait to see what happens next. But I'm not as worried as I was. :clap2:
We had a lot in common, not counting the age differences.

• Banned
It's a month to month rental. I plan to invite them over for dinner in a few weeks, just so we can talk some more. Nothing is settled yet. But I got good vibes from them. I won't accept any monies or write a contract until after the room is empty. In the meantime, I will hold the room for them without a deposit. IF it came to that, then if they found something else, i would just return their deposit. I'm only charging 200 bucks deposit anyway..which covers utilities once they move out since the bills are always a month behind.

It's a month to month rental. I plan to invite them over for dinner in a few weeks, just so we can talk some more. Nothing is settled yet. But I got good vibes from them. I won't accept any monies or write a contract until after the room is empty. In the meantime, I will hold the room for them without a deposit. IF it came to that, then if they found something else, i would just return their deposit. I'm only charging 200 bucks deposit anyway..which covers utilities once they move out since the bills are always a month behind.

I don't know Grace....

I seem to detect a crush here

No..not in THAT way, lol. I had an ad running for roomies where the room will be available in October and today I met a couple looking for a place, at that time frame. Both are young. She is 22, he is 25. I was worried at first...cuz we are old fogies, set in our ways. But we hit it off right away. And the dogs LOVED them. Major factor there. My furkids know stuff humans don't know they know. Mine took to both of them right away. And....the gal is a Native American (Yaqui) and participates in NA dancing. As we showed them the house and the soon to be room they would have, etc, we talked about how the young man wants very much a garden area..to grow corn, tomatoes, and as we were outside, he put his hand out and let the many bees in the flowers crawl on his hand then gently brushed them away. I said bee must be one of his totems...and his eyes lit up and said yeah..he was thinking that awhile back too because lots of bees have been visiting him lately..especially on the door handle of his truck.

They don't like to drink, but they do like a joint now and then. I said fine..but outside. What I don't know won't hurt me. They beamed. They both said they like their meditative areas and private space and I said ME TOO!!! All in all..we talked about 1 and a half hours and they said the energy of my house was very good and would love to call here "home". I said I felt the same way. But....if they find something else between now and October, no hard feelings on either end and they agreed. So....I think I found my new roomies. Young, but old souls.

Now I wait to see what happens next. But I'm not as worried as I was. :clap2:
We had a lot in common, not counting the age differences.

I figure I've hit the jackpot if it's a 60 year old German lady.

They usually take care of the place and they don't believe in TV, stereos, and smoking pot.

Hope it works out for the best.
I rented a commercial space to a young couple who renovated it and opened a hair salon.
He's the son of the local police chief.
They're 8 months behind in rent.

Ya know...I slept on it and I agree with most of ya. I called them and told them no. But not why.

But I'll tell y'all. I said no because I remember me at that age. I lied. I pretended. I did anything I could to get inside a house to rent so I could sell pot, party, and do whatever I felt like doing. These two...could be me back in those days. I kept thinking about some of the contradictions..and my overall feeling of unease at how smoothly it all went. And I tossed and turned all night. So this morning I decided nope. Not gonna do it. Not with them, anyway. I don't want young'uns. I want someone like us....surviving but can't do it alone and need help keeping a roof over our heads, but mature.

I don't need someone until October...so I will worry about it in October or November. Even December, cuz I've been socking away extra money whenever I can to cover the rent when the inlaws are gone. So inteads of being in such a hurry..I think I'm gonna relax and worry about it when the time comes.

Ya know...I slept on it and I agree with most of ya. I called them and told them no. But not why.

But I'll tell y'all. I said no because I remember me at that age. I lied. I pretended. I did anything I could to get inside a house to rent so I could sell pot, party, and do whatever I felt like doing. These two...could be me back in those days. I kept thinking about some of the contradictions..and my overall feeling of unease at how smoothly it all went. And I tossed and turned all night. So this morning I decided nope. Not gonna do it. Not with them, anyway. I don't want young'uns. I want someone like us....surviving but can't do it alone and need help keeping a roof over our heads, but mature.

I don't need someone until October...so I will worry about it in October or November. Even December, cuz I've been socking away extra money whenever I can to cover the rent when the inlaws are gone. So inteads of being in such a hurry..I think I'm gonna relax and worry about it when the time comes.

I think you made the right decision Grace, young room mates in their 20s are unreliable as it is and if they smoke pot they will be lazy and unreliable, trust me when I was at Vandenberg a buddy of mine had 2 room mates who smoked pot and those bastards were lazy, unreliable and just downright untrustworthy, I definently think you did the right thing.

This young couple don't know how lucky they are when you told them no.

Because after a few weeks they would have figured out that you are an old psycho bat.

And would have to move to escape your loony tune ass. :cuckoo:

This young couple don't know how lucky they are when you told them no.

Because after a few weeks they would have figured out that you are an old psycho bat.

And would have to move to escape your loony tune ass. :cuckoo:

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it. LOL

I had a roommate when I was twenty two, both of us were pot heads. We never had parties, we were never loud, and when we left, we got all our deposit back except that part to clean the carpets etc.

The old guy who lived above us, left his apartment a dump. ;)

Forum List

Back