LA Governor Calls For Day Of Prayer - Waiting For The ACLU To Object

Abbey Normal said:
I really hope they do! That will show anyone who still isn't sure, just how anti-religion (read: Christian) the ACLU really is.

They're not anti-religion... I mean, if you worship Satan and think pedophilia is a right then they will happily represent you.

I seriously doubt the ACLU will do anything. Besides, designating a "day of prayer" doesn't compel people to pray, though I do think "day of prayer" is inappropriate because it is divisive at a time we need to be unified.

I have posted many, many, many cases where the ACLU has defended the rights of Christians to worship as they please. The ACLU is not an "anti-religion" or "anti-Christian" organization. We are, however, strongly pro-freedom of religion, which includes freedom from religion.

acludem

acludem said:
I seriously doubt the ACLU will do anything. Besides, designating a "day of prayer" doesn't compel people to pray, though I do think "day of prayer" is inappropriate because it is divisive at a time we need to be unified.

I have posted many, many, many cases where the ACLU has defended the rights of Christians to worship as they please. The ACLU is not an "anti-religion" or "anti-Christian" organization. We are, however, strongly pro-freedom of religion, which includes freedom from religion.

acludem

prayer divisive? On what planet?

acludem said:

acludem
Your group is going to be responsible for screwing any aid these people might get for fear of lawsuits---quit the bullshit !!!!!!!!!!
Tell you fucking lawyers to go down to NO with a bucket and HELP someone for once !!!!!!!!!!!

acludem said:
What are you talking about? What lawsuits? How as the ACLU interfered in any way with aid?

acludem

The fact that you feel a "day of prayer" is divisive, indicates that you wouldn't be able to see the ACLU for what it is. Give it time- you will see ridiculous ACLU-sponsored lawsuits filed in relation to the efforts in N.O.

acludem said:
What are you talking about? What lawsuits? How as the ACLU interfered in any way with aid?

acludem

The ACLU will find a problem with the way the federal aide is distributed. It wont be now because the tragedy is still fresh but later on they will convince blacks that they didnt get a fair shake of the aide given out and will file lawsuits on their behalf against the federal government for racist practices. I can pretty much see it coming.

Forum List

Back