LA Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling

I think Roberts voted as he did on purpose, because he knew that it would energizes the republicans and ensure an obama lose in November, and then the entire bill would be repealed anyway.

I think roberts voted with what is constitutional, and not with what his political opinion is. I applaud him for that. It is exactly what a supreme court judge should do.

I think Roberts voted as he did on purpose, because he knew that it would energizes the republicans and ensure an obama lose in November, and then the entire bill would be repealed anyway.

You teabaggers are really the dumbest motherfuckers to ever come upon the American political scene.

The American voters disagree with you that Tea Party members and supporters are dumb. You see Huggy, during the mid term elections of 2010, democrats got their anti-American progressive asses handed to them and were replaced by God loving patriotic conservative Tea Party candidates.

You teabaggers are really the dumbest motherfuckers to ever come upon the American political scene.

The American voters disagree with you that Tea Party members and supporters are dumb. You see Huggy, during the mid term elections of 2010, democrats got their anti-American progressive asses handed to them and were replaced by God loving patriotic conservative Tea Party candidates.

Disagree with democrats, but your point is lost when you call them anti American or un patriotic.

Right, like Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell. A perfect pair to symbolize the overall intellect of the Tea Party.

Right, like Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell. A perfect pair to symbolize the overall intellect of the Tea Party.

There were many more Tea Party candidates who got elected in the mid term elections.

Last edited:
This is a strong bold move in defiance of the Supreme Court affirming President Obama's 'Affordable Care Act'. It is also a slap in the face to Obama but I fear if Jindal does this Obama will withhold all federal funding to the state of Louisiana.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Quote:
The Supreme Court upheld President Barack Obama's health care law on Thursday, but Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a possible Republican vice presidential contender who has refused to establish a federally mandated health care exchange in his state, said Friday that he will continue to ignore it.

"We're not going to start implementing Obamacare," Jindal said during a conference call with Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. "We're committed to working to elect Gov. Romney to repeal Obamacare."

Under the Affordable Care Act, states must set up a health insurance exchange program by Jan. 1, 2014, and will receive grants from the federal government to implement it. Several Republican governors, including both Jindal and McDonnell, have put off setting up the exchanges in the hope that the law would be repealed or struck down by the court. Now that the law has been upheld, Jindal said he won't change course and is looking to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to lead the repeal effort if he takes office in 2013.

and

This is a strong bold move in defiance of the Supreme Court affirming President Obama's 'Affordable Care Act'. It is also a slap in the face to Obama but I fear if Jindal does this Obama will withhold all federal funding to the state of Louisiana.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal refuses to implement Obamacare despite Supreme Court ruling | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Quote:
The Supreme Court upheld President Barack Obama's health care law on Thursday, but Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a possible Republican vice presidential contender who has refused to establish a federally mandated health care exchange in his state, said Friday that he will continue to ignore it.

"We're not going to start implementing Obamacare," Jindal said during a conference call with Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. "We're committed to working to elect Gov. Romney to repeal Obamacare."

Under the Affordable Care Act, states must set up a health insurance exchange program by Jan. 1, 2014, and will receive grants from the federal government to implement it. Several Republican governors, including both Jindal and McDonnell, have put off setting up the exchanges in the hope that the law would be repealed or struck down by the court. Now that the law has been upheld, Jindal said he won't change course and is looking to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to lead the repeal effort if he takes office in 2013.

You are a disengenuous moron. It is only a slap in the face of Louisians.

We call ourselves Louisianians.

Random Quiz - which 3 state demonyms do not have the name of the state in the demonym?

I think roberts voted with what is constitutional, and not with what his political opinion is. I applaud him for that. It is exactly what a supreme court judge should do.

I think you don't know jack diddly about what is constitutional. And in this case, Roberts essentially rewrote the statute to make it constitutional. 7-2 it was found that the law could not stand on the overreach of the Commerce Clause.

He should have struck it down as it was proposed. Obama could have then tried to do something with the taxing power. Roberts did his dirty work for him and essentially bypassed the legislative process which would have told Obama to shove any revisions to the bill.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Yes, the loony left will always cherry pick the two sore thumbs of the Tea Party and brand everyone as stupid as they are.

What is more funny is that Angle had Ried on the ropes up until the election. What does that tell you about dumbass Harry ?

Keep trying. It's no wonder people see NY as the asshole of the country.

I think you don't know jack diddly about what is constitutional. And in this case, Roberts essentially rewrote the statute to make it constitutional. 7-2 it was found that the law could not stand on the overreach of the Commerce Clause.

He should have struck it down as it was proposed. Obama could have then tried to do something with the taxing power. Roberts did his dirty work for him and essentially bypassed the legislative process which would have told Obama to shove any revisions to the bill.

And you think you know more than Roberts?
He didn't rewrite anything, read his comments on his decision.

And I may know jack diddly, but I have a feeling I know more than you. Because you obviously didn't understand his decision( not rewrite).

And I may know jack diddly, but I have a feeling I know more than you. Because you obviously didn't understand his decision( not rewrite).

Sure...about half the national/cable talk show buzz was just about how he had to essentially reframe it. So, while you may know Jack Diddly...you don't know squat about the rest.

What is more funny is that Kennedy and Co...called the whole thing bogus while Ginsburg and Co. wanted to blow open the whole Commerce Clause (talk about pushing social engineering) argument to essentially allow Obama to do whatever he wanted....

Roberts was on his own......

So who was wrong ?

Quote:

You are a disengenuous moron. It is only a slap in the face of Louisians.

We call ourselves Louisianians.

Random Quiz - which 3 state demonyms do not have the name of the state in the demonym?

Well one is Indiana. We are called Hoosiers

Sure...about half the national/cable talk show buzz was just about how he had to essentially reframe it. So, while you may know Jack Diddly...you don't know squat about the rest.

What is more funny is that Kennedy and Co...called the whole thing bogus while Ginsburg and Co. wanted to blow open the whole Commerce Clause (talk about pushing social engineering) argument to essentially allow Obama to do whatever he wanted....

Roberts was on his own......

So who was wrong ?

Do you believe everything you hear on cable? Read his actual comments.
He was slapping Obama in the face while saying it was constitutional. If you don't get that I can't help you.

Hmmm... Weiner, Pelosi, Reid, Rangel, Waters, Biden, Gore, Moore, talk about overall intellect being poor, Dems have some real losers.

What prevents a Romney administration from doing what this current administration has done with federal immigration laws--simply ignore it and not enforce it?

I called the progressive radio show, the Norman Goldman Show, this evening to ask this question and he told me that every administration has done this and I quote "it is impossible for every law to be followed"--BOTH of which is bullshit.

What we are witnessing is the destruction of our Republic, or as Obama would call the fundamental transformation of this country. Never before has an administration proclaimed, without even issuing an executive order, that they are not going to enforce federal law. While simultaneously, the Justice Dept is waging a war against the states, making an unprecedented number of legal challenges against the states--and in the case of Arizona publicly saying that they will not be cooperating with their law enforcement.

Where are the liberals that told us Bush was trying to become a dictator!?!?!?!??!?!

So conservatives can attack Obama for not enforcing federal immigration law, but ignoring the ACA federal law is justified? Two wrongs don't make a right.

States have the option to opt out, it is not ignoring, it is opting out, which is a provision that was granted the states. Not the same, if it was the same, I'd say Jindal was in the wrong however he is not, he is exercising the state's rights.

Forum List

Back