LA City Council Votes To Ban Marijuana Shops...

Sorry Mike. But marijuana was sold openly everywhere in Los Angeles. Then the city pulled the business licenses and closed the dispensaries down. Legal, now illegal. Get it.
Legal for any adult, like liquor? Or legal only with a medical certification card?

When I say legal I mean if you are 21 you can walk into a licensed shop, pick out the kind of marijuana product you want, pay for it and walk out. Just like shopping for booze.

The medical card nonsense is not true legal availability. It is conditional permission for limited access under strict bureaucratic control.

Until marijuana is made legal all over the U.S. and the authority to dictate conditions by politicians and officials is nullified these problems will never end. Because there always will be some authoritarian sonofabitch trying to control anything!

I'm a hard-right conservative and it never ceases to amaze me that most of the Western World hasn't legalised (and began to tax) the sale of marijuana. I suspect that most of the studies researching the supposedly harmful effects of herbal cannabis are funded by groups lobbying on behalf of the alcohol industry. This isn't a left and right thing, it's a common sense thing, in my opinion.
You are quite right. The alcohol, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical industries are very active in lobbying for anti-marijuana legislation and have been for decades. Because legal marijuana would soon take an increasingly large bite out of their bottom lines.

Candidate Obama clearly implied that if elected he would review marijuana prohibition and millions of voters, including me, believed him. But President Obama quickly and rather contemptuously turned his back on that implicit promise and has absolutely refused to even discuss the issue. I have no doubt that the reason for the betrayal is either a promised piece of the action for him from all the Congress members who are on the take from the pot lobby, or some form of threat if he should keep his promise and recommend legalization.

Whichever, the payoff or the threat, it must be quite substantial. Because his back-pedaling on the marijuana issue is going to cost him heavily in November. He pissed off or at least severely disappointed a lot of supporters. Perhaps not sufficiently to cause them to vote against him but enough to make them stay home.

Sorry Mike. But marijuana was sold openly everywhere in Los Angeles. Then the city pulled the business licenses and closed the dispensaries down. Legal, now illegal. Get it.
Legal for any adult, like liquor? Or legal only with a medical certification card?

When I say legal I mean if you are 21 you can walk into a licensed shop, pick out the kind of marijuana product you want, pay for it and walk out. Just like shopping for booze.

The medical card nonsense is not true legal availability. It is conditional permission for limited access under strict bureaucratic control.

Until marijuana is made legal all over the U.S. and the authority to dictate conditions by politicians and officials is nullified these problems will never end. Because there always will be some authoritarian sonofabitch trying to control anything!

Let me put it to you this way: I would gladly pay the government that $60 I gave the doctor for my exam as like a marijuana user registration service, like the DMV. Seriously.

Let the People have their Weed. What is Big Brother so afraid of? Probably many answers to that question. Too many to even attempt to get into now. Drug Addicts need help, they don't need brutal horrific Prisons. Wake the fuck up Big Brother! SHEESH!

Let the People have their Weed. What is Big Brother so afraid of? Probably many answers to that question. Too many to even attempt to get into now. Drug Addicts need help, they don't need brutal horrific Prisons. Wake the fuck up Big Brother! SHEESH!

Too many people are making money off of people being in prison, legalizing weed would cut that number down and they don't want that.

Too many people are making money off of people being in prison, legalizing weed would cut that number down and they don't want that.

Yeah, that's one of the answers to my question. Big Brother just loves locking Citizens up. And after 9/11, he went into overdrive doing that. The Police State is now here. It's not coming, it's already here. Hopefully the People will soon realize this, and force change. Something's wrong, and more & more People are realizing that. An awakening is happening. But it's happening very slowly. I still have hope. I truly believe things can change.

Forum List

Back