L.A. Times: Violent Movies Don’t Cause Violence, but Guns Do

Violent movies only cause people to be violent if the person is mentally ill. I watch violent movies and I am not violent.

Can someone tell me why?

Violent movies only cause people to be violent if the person is mentally ill. I watch violent movies and I am not violent.

Can someone tell me why?

But I never watch violent movies and I'm not violent either. What shall we conclude?

Can someone tell me why?

But I never watch violent movies and I'm not violent either. What shall we conclude?

Bloody hell, I'm stumped!

And I suppose you are TOTALLY IMMUNE to TV/magazine/newspapers/Internet advertising which businesses have found for EVERYONE else BUT you an affective way of influencing purchasing behavior?

Outsell Inc. recently published a report putting out some numbers. Estimated budget for advertising and marketing in the USA 2008: $ 412.4 billion dollars).
Source(s):
m-forums.com: The Best Search Links on the Net

Why other then you who obviously is totally immuned to advertising is almost 1/2 trillion spent ?
Influence purchasing behavior!

And what media do the businesses that spent $1/2 trillion use? TV/MAGAZINES/ etc...
Unless you are totally stupid which obviously you are... ADVERTISINGS sells! And what do the advertisers spend this money on?

I am sorry but it is so blatantly obvious that if businesses spend $1/2 trillion in 2008 on media to influence purchasers, wouldn't it be obvious that the viewers/readers of the content sponsored by these advertisers ARE INFLUENCED???

Can someone tell me why?

Maybe because you're defective, ya know like my guns, they haven't hurt annone either.

Man I wonder what kind of movies they watched during the Dark Ages, they must have been real doozies. You know when they used to draw and quarter people and massacre entire villages.

126438_600.jpg

Nations with a history of having been invaded where the aborignal people were slaughtered or imprisoned or enslaved do tend to be violent cultures even centuries after the government sponsored violence is ended.

Another case in point? South Africa.

Highest murder rates in the world, folks.

Plenty of guns and plenty of people with the right attidude to use them on their fellow citizens, too.

I have seen alot of violent movies in my lifetime.

Not ONCE did they ever make me think of hurting someone.

Forum List

Back