L.A. School District Will Mandate Vaccines for Students

They do it all the time. The reality of Los Angeles public schools is that they are little more than centers for the incorrigible. That's why there is no attendance or grade requirement for graduation. Such a useless law would have better luck in Santa Monica where it is still civilized. The people are mostly woke anyway.
Sorry Tipsy..wrong again

LAUSD GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS Subject Years Comments Minimum (CSU)
“a-g”
Requirements
A – History/Social Science 2 years No Validation
B – English 4 years No Validation
C – Math 3 years Validation
D – Lab Science 2 years Validation
E – Language Other than
English (LOTE) 2 years Validation F – Visual & Performing Arts 1 year No Validation G – College Prep Elective 1 year No Validation
+ Years
CDE – CA State
Requirements
History/Social Science 3 years World History, US
History, Government,
Economics English 3 years Mathematics 2 years 2 years required in HS Algebra Requirement Science 2 years Biological and Physical VPA or Foreign Language or
CTE 1 year Physical Education CDE HS Exit Exam (CAHSEE) 2 years Pass ELA/Math
+ Credits
LAUSD
Additional
Requirements
Health Course 5
Service Learning Requirement Career Pathway Selection TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED 210

All courses must be completed with a grade of “D” or
better

How long before schools jus start JABBING students without parental consent?
NEVER.
Or maybe when past (the living ones), present, or future Presidents stops lying. LOL.
Or maybe when Congress votes for Term Limits.
Or maybe when Party over Country is no longer a thing.
Or when Mexico pays for the wall.
Or maybe when Gerrymandering is ruled illegal and vote by County is deemed ideal.
Or maybe when.............. ok, so NEVER.

Sorry Tipsy..wrong again

LAUSD GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS Subject Years Comments Minimum (CSU)
“a-g”
Requirements
A – History/Social Science 2 years No Validation
B – English 4 years No Validation
C – Math 3 years Validation
D – Lab Science 2 years Validation
E – Language Other than
English (LOTE) 2 years Validation F – Visual & Performing Arts 1 year No Validation G – College Prep Elective 1 year No Validation
+ Years
CDE – CA State
Requirements
History/Social Science 3 years World History, US
History, Government,
Economics English 3 years Mathematics 2 years 2 years required in HS Algebra Requirement Science 2 years Biological and Physical VPA or Foreign Language or
CTE 1 year Physical Education CDE HS Exit Exam (CAHSEE) 2 years Pass ELA/Math
+ Credits
LAUSD
Additional
Requirements
Health Course 5
Service Learning Requirement Career Pathway Selection TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED 210

All courses must be completed with a grade of “D” or
better
Yep, that's what it says. Right there. Big letters.

Los Angeles like a lot of large diverse cities has stellar graduation requirements. They also practice something called social promotion. The requirements are still there but if the student doesn't meet them, in the interests of self esteem, the student is passed and graduated.

Did you ever see me say I'm not a racist? Tell the truth and post the evidence. I flat don't care if anyone thinks I'm a racist. I simply will not get drawn into some idiot trying to make an issue out of my racism.
So, you are racist?

Just confirm.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what will happen to those who do not get an injection because they may not have the money or insurance to cover the payment(s)?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Here you have it..500,000 students effected, ages 12 and up. Mandatory...no foolin' get the stick..or hit the bricks.

Los Angeles is the first major school district in the United States to mandate coronavirus vaccines for students 12 and older who are attending class in person.
With the Delta variant ripping across the country, the district’s Board of Education voted, 6-0, to pass the measure on Thursday afternoon. The Los Angeles Unified School District is the second largest in the nation, and the mandate would eventually apply to more than 460,000 students, including some enrolled at independent charter schools located in district buildings.
The interim superintendent, Megan Reilly, said at Thursday’s board meeting that student vaccination was one way to ensure that the district’s classrooms would be able to remain open. Los Angeles had some of the country’s most extended school closures last year.
Los Angeles already has a strict vaccine mandate for teachers and staff members, and the new student mandate will further increase the safety of the classroom. But it is also likely to be more divisive, with far-reaching educational repercussions.
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, 58 percent of 12- to 18-year-olds living within the district’s boundaries have already received at least one dose of a vaccine. But polls show that many parents are hesitant to vaccinate their children against the coronavirus, raising the question of how many families will keep their children home to learn online or transfer them to schools that do not require the shots.
Leaving the classroom again could be debilitating for some students. When virtual learning was widespread last academic year, millions of children fell behind academically; the impact was largest on low-income students and students of color. The Los Angeles Unified student body is 73 percent Latino, 11 percent white, 8 percent Black and 4 percent Asian. Eighty percent of students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
Vaccine hesitancy in Los Angeles exists across a broad range of demographic and ideological groups, from affluent, largely white, liberal parents who oppose a range of mainstream childhood vaccination practices; to conservative activists who have specifically targeted the coronavirus vaccines; to low-income Black and Hispanic families who are wary of the medical establishment.
Even for illegals?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what will happen to those who do not get an injection because they may not have the money or insurance to cover the payment(s)?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
All covid vaccinations are free.

So, you are racist?

Just confirm.
Worse. Much worse.

I simply don't care at all. Live, die, be happy, unhappy, I don't care. Black Lives can matter, or not. One thing for certain, you cannot insult me by calling me a racist because I am uninterested in your opinion.

Looks like I would be finding another school for my son. Of course, I would never live in that shit hole anyway.

Without a risk:reward analysis this makes no sense.

This age group is at minimal risk already, much of Europe is reject vaccinating these ages because of poor results in terms of side effects.

Without further study to assess risk more completely for this group this is a very bad call.

Worse. Much worse.

I simply don't care at all. Live, die, be happy, unhappy, I don't care. Black Lives can matter, or not. One thing for certain, you cannot insult me by calling me a racist because I am uninterested in your opinion.
My opinion is that you must be an unpleasant and unproductive member of society

Without a risk:reward analysis this makes no sense.

This age group is at minimal risk already, much of Europe is reject vaccinating these ages because of poor results in terms of side effects.

Without further study to assess risk more completely for this group this is a very bad call.
c5ox5rd3inq71.jpg

Here you have it..500,000 students effected, ages 12 and up. Mandatory...no foolin' get the stick..or hit the bricks.

Los Angeles is the first major school district in the United States to mandate coronavirus vaccines for students 12 and older who are attending class in person.
With the Delta variant ripping across the country, the district’s Board of Education voted, 6-0, to pass the measure on Thursday afternoon. The Los Angeles Unified School District is the second largest in the nation, and the mandate would eventually apply to more than 460,000 students, including some enrolled at independent charter schools located in district buildings.
The interim superintendent, Megan Reilly, said at Thursday’s board meeting that student vaccination was one way to ensure that the district’s classrooms would be able to remain open. Los Angeles had some of the country’s most extended school closures last year.
Los Angeles already has a strict vaccine mandate for teachers and staff members, and the new student mandate will further increase the safety of the classroom. But it is also likely to be more divisive, with far-reaching educational repercussions.
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, 58 percent of 12- to 18-year-olds living within the district’s boundaries have already received at least one dose of a vaccine. But polls show that many parents are hesitant to vaccinate their children against the coronavirus, raising the question of how many families will keep their children home to learn online or transfer them to schools that do not require the shots.
Leaving the classroom again could be debilitating for some students. When virtual learning was widespread last academic year, millions of children fell behind academically; the impact was largest on low-income students and students of color. The Los Angeles Unified student body is 73 percent Latino, 11 percent white, 8 percent Black and 4 percent Asian. Eighty percent of students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
Vaccine hesitancy in Los Angeles exists across a broad range of demographic and ideological groups, from affluent, largely white, liberal parents who oppose a range of mainstream childhood vaccination practices; to conservative activists who have specifically targeted the coronavirus vaccines; to low-income Black and Hispanic families who are wary of the medical establishment.
I am not a lawyer. If this is legal so let it be. So much for my body my choice I guess?

Forum List

Back