L.A. Launches Nation's First Israel Divestment Campaign

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"On Wednesday, September 8th, at a noon press conference in Los Angeles in front of the Israeli Consulate, the California Israel Divestment Campaign, a culturally diverse group of compassionate Americans announced the launch of California ballot initiative 10-0020 to require public employee systems to divest from certain business activities in Israel. In its first official announcement, the California Israel Divestment Campaign (IDC) delivered the following explanation:

“Although California has adopted policies requiring divestment from Sudan, Iran and other nations, this is the first ballot measure in the nation aimed at changing Israeli policies through divestment by State agencies. It directs California’s large public employee and teacher pension funds to be consistent with their responsible investing policies and to divest from companies that violate the human rights of Palestinians."

Listen to the words of a Jew whose family has lived in the region for nine generations:

"Sometimes it takes a good friend to tell you when enough is enough. As they did with South Africa two decades ago, concerned citizens across the US can make a difference by encouraging Washington to get the message to Israel that this cannot continue."

The author of those words, Jonathan Ben Artzi, nephew to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, speaks as someone who's seen a lifetime of Israel's abuse of Palestinians.

At least 434,000 registered California voters will have to sign a petition to qualify 10-0020 for voter approval.

"If the requisite number of signatures is gathered, the initiative will appear on the next statewide ballot after March, 2011."

Enough is enough.

Los Angeles Launches....

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
"On Wednesday, September 8th, at a noon press conference in Los Angeles in front of the Israeli Consulate, the California Israel Divestment Campaign, a culturally diverse group of compassionate Americans announced the launch of California ballot initiative 10-0020 to require public employee systems to divest from certain business activities in Israel. In its first official announcement, the California Israel Divestment Campaign (IDC) delivered the following explanation:

“Although California has adopted policies requiring divestment from Sudan, Iran and other nations, this is the first ballot measure in the nation aimed at changing Israeli policies through divestment by State agencies. It directs California’s large public employee and teacher pension funds to be consistent with their responsible investing policies and to divest from companies that violate the human rights of Palestinians."

Listen to the words of a Jew whose family has lived in the region for nine generations:

"Sometimes it takes a good friend to tell you when enough is enough. As they did with South Africa two decades ago, concerned citizens across the US can make a difference by encouraging Washington to get the message to Israel that this cannot continue."

The author of those words, Jonathan Ben Artzi, nephew to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, speaks as someone who's seen a lifetime of Israel's abuse of Palestinians.

At least 434,000 registered California voters will have to sign a petition to qualify 10-0020 for voter approval.

"If the requisite number of signatures is gathered, the initiative will appear on the next statewide ballot after March, 2011."

Enough is enough.

Los Angeles Launches....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Not you. It is interesting that people are up in arms about money going to Israel, and not a peep about funding going to Islamic organizations that possibly have connections to terrorists.:eusa_whistle:

because it's nothing more than garden variety anti-semitism... takes different forms and morphs occasionally.

now it exists largely sotto voce in expressions of 'oh... i don't hate jews, i hate israel'.

Not you. It is interesting that people are up in arms about money going to Israel, and not a peep about funding going to Islamic organizations that possibly have connections to terrorists.:eusa_whistle:

because it's nothing more than garden variety anti-semitism... takes different forms and morphs occasionally.

now it exists largely sotto voce in expressions of 'oh... i don't hate jews, i hate israel'.

Kind of like "I don't trust Obama because I don't know enough about him," as opposed to "it's because he doesn't look like me."

Kind of like "I don't trust Obama because I don't know enough about him," as opposed to "it's because he doesn't look like me."

or 'he says he's a christian and i take the president at his word' nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

you should give the video i posted a look if you have time. it's great.

Preferably Saudis, because Saudis are good, Jews is bad.:cuckoo:

Ah I hope you are not implying I said that.

lol

rational people complain about all of the above. if we stopped propping up the ruling family of saudi arabi, the coutnry would crumble overnight. it would be a great thing to see as the family got french revolution type treatment

Well they need the cash and the bail outs are coming .
Good move on there part I guess The financial world is moving to Ilsamic states as it is .
Terrorism works.

i think the anti-semites SHOULD boycott israel and everything they've created:

YouTube - Before you boycott Israel!
Is Desmond Tutu an anti-Semite?

"Fortunately there are ways to fight back against this tyranny in which we Americans have been unwitting pawns. The launch of the California Israel Divestment Campaign is a powerful weapon to that end. Divestment worked well in defeating apartheid in South Africa. Indeed, South Africa’s own Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a principal endorser of this new Israel Divestment Campaign, said this of the campaign on August 22nd:

“'We defeated apartheid nonviolently because the international community agreed to support the disinvestment in apartheid campaign. A similar campaign can help to bring peace in the Middle East and do so nonviolently.'”

"This much beloved Nobel Laureate is correct. As is Nobel Laureate and Belfast peacemaker, Mairead Maguire, who is also an endorser."

Another anti-Semite, no doubt.

Los Angeles Launches...

i think the anti-semites SHOULD boycott israel and everything they've created:

YouTube - Before you boycott Israel!
Is Desmond Tutu an anti-Semite?

"Fortunately there are ways to fight back against this tyranny in which we Americans have been unwitting pawns. The launch of the California Israel Divestment Campaign is a powerful weapon to that end. Divestment worked well in defeating apartheid in South Africa. Indeed, South Africa’s own Archbishop Desmond Tutu, a principal endorser of this new Israel Divestment Campaign, said this of the campaign on August 22nd:

“'We defeated apartheid nonviolently because the international community agreed to support the disinvestment in apartheid campaign. A similar campaign can help to bring peace in the Middle East and do so nonviolently.'”

"This much beloved Nobel Laureate is correct. As is Nobel Laureate and Belfast peacemaker, Mairead Maguire, who is also an endorser."

Another anti-Semite, no doubt.

Los Angeles Launches...

Jews really start to look desperate when attacking "culturally diverse coalitions" seeking to divest from Israel as "anti-Semites."

I love it. Jews were the No. 1 driver of turning America into a "diversity paradise"; now it's biting them on the ass. Whoops.

Jews really start to look desperate when attacking "culturally diverse coalitions" seeking to divest from Israel as "anti-Semites."

I love it. Jews were the No. 1 driver of turning America into a "diversity paradise"; now it's biting them on the ass. Whoops.

kkk white trash really start to look desperate when attacking jews repeatedly because they're terrified that they're marginal and jews are smarter. :thup:

what a sicko you are. how are things on stormfront, loser?

glad you found your fellow antisemite garbage, though.

Forum List

Back