Kyrsten Sinema takes the lead in Arizona

Ballot stuffing by the Dems for sure. There was no way she could swing over 17000 votes with less than 80,000 ballots.

This is bullshit, of course, but I doubt you care. It was 120,000 ballots, and the swing was only about half what you are suggesting. IIRC the last thing I had seen was that McSally's lead was less than 10,000 before the next batch was included in the totals. The ballots were from heavily Sinema friendly precincts. It's not surprising that she took a thin lead. There are still many absentee ballots to be counted, and many of those are expected to be military voters that are expected to favor McSally.

No, on election night it was reported a little over 80,000 ballots were out. The number just keeps increasing. Today they said it was over 450,000.
Give me a link to news that 80,000 was it.

Every time boxes of ballots are mysteriously found they are always for Democrats.
The GOP needs to fight this...not sit back and take it...its the voters that are getting screwed....

What the fuck are you morons talking about? Fight what? All that is happening is that they are counting ballots. This is entirely normal. It happens every year in Arizona. It always takes a long time for Arizona to count its ballots because they have a mail-in option that relies on a lengthy signature verification process. You just never noticed before because most races of national interest in Arizona aren't very close, so the winner is usually able to be projected early in the process. This one can't be projected because it's too close. So the slow count will continue, just like it does every election.

It is a byproduct of our instant gratification society, nobody cares about accuracy anymore, just speed.

I might agree with you, but the issue is controlling the situation.

Why is it taking so long now when it did not used to.

The whole Florida thing is going to explode. You don't have this kind of shabby election when the entire country is a powder keg.

Every time boxes of ballots are mysteriously found they are always for Democrats.
The GOP needs to fight this...not sit back and take it...its the voters that are getting screwed....

What the fuck are you morons talking about? Fight what? All that is happening is that they are counting ballots. This is entirely normal. It happens every year in Arizona. It always takes a long time for Arizona to count its ballots because they have a mail-in option that relies on a lengthy signature verification process. You just never noticed before because most races of national interest in Arizona aren't very close, so the winner is usually able to be projected early in the process. This one can't be projected because it's too close. So the slow count will continue, just like it does every election.

That won't work if you are talking 500,000 votes.

Those need to be counted prior.

Democrats are probably still filling out ballots to be boxed and found in a back room someplace.

Your premise is false. It always takes this long to count the votes. It just doesn't usually take this long to predict winners, because the race usually isn't this close.

I'll grant you that.

Getting to a conclusion didn't used to take this long.

AZ is going to have to do better in terms of getting those votes counted prior.

The only thing I remember hearing Martha McSally saying was vote for me because wouldn't you rather vote for a fighter pilot? I only turned on the tv for extra light so I only heard her say that one thing, then I hit the mute button.

I haven't heard the other one yet, she's probably just as baked.

I quit paying attention to Arizona when I realized they weren't ever gonna stop voting for McCain.

Last edited:

Winner projections aren't simply a matter of outstanding ballots. It has much more to do with pre-election polling and exit polling. They take into account the polling from different areas and compare the turnout, areas that been already counted, and current totals. That is why some candidates will concede when only 50% of the votes have been counted and a fairly small vote difference relative to the remaining to be counted. Their own exit polling clearly shows consistency with unfavorable pre-election polling, and enough of a disparity between their own and their opponent's share, that they'll know there is no hope of making up the difference.

Winner projections aren't simply a matter of outstanding ballots. It has much more to do with pre-election polling and exit polling. They take into account the polling from different areas and compare the turnout, areas that been already counted, and current totals. That is why some candidates will concede when only 50% of the votes have been counted and a fairly small vote difference relative to the remaining to be counted. Their own exit polling clearly shows consistency with unfavorable pre-election polling, and enough of a disparity between their own and their opponent's share, that they'll know there is no hope of making up the difference.

I understand that.

My point is that those votes should be counted prior so the election can be wrapped up that night.

500,000 in a state the size of AZ is huge.

Your premise is false. It always takes this long to count the votes. It just doesn't usually take this long to predict winners, because the race usually isn't this close.

I'll grant you that.

I don't know. The main cause of the delay is the state's heavy use of mail in ballots. From what is generally known, it sounds like they have a fairly good system in place to protect the integrity of the election through thorough safeguards. Speeding up the count would probably require eliminating the mail in option, setting an earlier cutoff period, or reducing the scrutiny that protects the election integrity. I don't think any of those are good options, especially in a state that has so much wide open rural land where precincts may be difficult to reach for some people.

I'll grant you that.

I don't know. The main cause of the delay is the state's heavy use of mail in ballots. From what is generally known, it sounds like they have a fairly good system in place to protect the integrity of the election through thorough safeguards. Speeding up the count would probably require eliminating the mail in option, setting an earlier cutoff period, or reducing the scrutiny that protects the election integrity. I don't think any of those are good options, especially in a state that has so much wide open rural land where precincts may be difficult to reach for some people.

I would think.....maybe wrong...that many of of those ballots could be counted prior with no "rush".

Forum List

Back