Kyl Agrees To Payroll Tax Cut On One Condition

What on earth could possibly motivate the average person to support extending the Bush tax cuts? Do you have any sense of self-respect, or even self-preservation?

The desire for our taxes not to go up?

How is voting to allow the government to flush more of your paycheck down the welfare sewer an exercise in "self-preservation?"

So you are in favor of a line item tax return..then.

You guessed it: Extend all of the Bush tax cuts. In other words, Republicans aren't serious about compromising. Big surprise.

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Jon Kyl announced Monday what it will really take to extend a payroll tax holiday for the middle class: an extension of tax breaks for the wealthy.

The Arizona Republican, taking to the Senate floor after Democrats proposed a 1.9 percent surtax on income above $1 million to pay for the payroll tax break, argued that the tax cut didn't work. But, he said, he'd still support its extension if the wealthy keep their breaks, too.

Sen. Jon Kyl Raises Tax Hostage Scenario: Extend Bush Cuts For Payroll Tax Break

humm, so, lowering taxes, is it good or bad because you have me confused....Obama wants to extend a tax cut...and so does Kyle...:eusa_eh:

and compromise?

can you please tell me how much and from what depts/orgs the dems have agreed to cut, remembering at this very moment, (this year and last) every single dollar we spend, 40 cents is borrowed, I await your information, thank you.

Yo, Josefk...whats up? you're making me feel bad here.....response please?

:eusa_eh:

Obama wants to extend a tax cut for the middle class and the poor, Kyl wants to extend a tax cut for those who are doing extremely well. Surely you can see that those are not the same.

The left is making so much about this payroll tax cut....
It amounts to a lousy what close to an extra $18.00 to $20.00
A week for God's sake.

Forum List

Back