KY To Build Creationist Theme Park

The horror of capitalism!

How dare they want, want, *gasp*choke*vomit* Profit

eww

I need to clean my hands in boileing chlorine just typing that.

And to think they will hire people to buil and run it! the horror of it all b/c it's faith based

good lord people, try to find the bright side for a friggin change.

Why do they need govt welfare ?
They don't. You dimwits believe in gov't welfare.

Wingnuts are going to cut govt spending by giving millions to a theme park

It's how wingnuts keep the govt out of the economy

damn you're an idoit.

You don't give a fuck that it will bring money and jobs to the region, just that it's faith based and yes, the STATE government is cutting them slack on taxes to get it built.

with people like you in charge we will go down in flames.

Wingnuts can't start a business without a welfare check from the govt

Suddenly, they admit the govt can create jobs
Dimwits can't survive without gov't welfare, ask obamaturd.

The state is not looking to build it, you ignorant hyper-partisan imbecile

It is a group of investors looking to build it within the state

Maybe you should read the article before sounding off..

Park developers are seeking state tourism development incentives and could receive up to $37.5 million over a 10-year period.

:lol:
And how much does the state stand to gain in sales taxes and whatnot through the years. Let alone the jobs it will create........Ya' douchebag?

Last edited:
I am!! For one thing there is no such thing as separation of church and state in the constitution.

That aside, what about morally? Should others be able to foist their religion upon others? Considering how bent out of shape you righties get about individual freedoms, I find your attitude hypocritical to say the least...

Creation camp is a lot netter than a FEMA camp.:lol:

FEMA Camps - Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics

You know you're a fucking idiot when "Popular Mechanics" laughs at your "bullshit".

This and "magical creation" and "trips costing 200 million dollars a day" are a few of the many reasons the Republican Party is definitely the "party of dumbfuck". What is wrong with you people?

I'm sorry. I hurt your feelings. Well, if Republicans can apologize to BP, then I can apologize for being harsh. But I won't.
You are an idiot, I guess you kissing obama a## would be an good excuse for your stupidity.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I am!! For one thing there is no such thing as separation of church and state in the constitution.

That aside, what about morally? Should others be able to foist their religion upon others? Considering how bent out of shape you righties get about individual freedoms, I find your attitude hypocritical to say the least...
What about morally?

Who's foisting their religion upon you?

It's quite simple......Don't visit the park, DUMBASS!

BTW......enjoy those Xmas presents and time off......We all know you fucks won't turn either down......Fuckin' hypocrites!

LMAO!

What about morally?

BTW......enjoy those Xmas presents and time off......We all know you fucks won't turn either down......Fuckin' hypocrites!

LMAO!

Well, if you have prayer in class (and let's face it, we're talking Christian prayer - but any type would bother me), others have to sit there and listen. Why should they have to if they dont' believe? Would you demand that your child sits in silence while Muslims pray at least two of their five times a day during school hours and on your tax payer dime? Church's are there for a reason.

I see Xmas as more of a cultural expression than a religious. I'm an Athiest through and through, but I grew up with Christianity and think it is definitely part of my culture. I don't like it when you can't play the nativity scene etc, or somebody complains about Xmas trees in public places.

:cuckoo:

What an ignorant and useless thing to say.

Was anyone ever marred by seeing someone pray? :eusa_drool:

So you are in support of school led prayer?

funny... the constitution disagrees with you as does every justice of the supreme court ever... the only issue is the EXTENT of the separation and what needs to be done to protect it.

good thing you aren't making those decisions.

What about morally?

LMAO!

Well, if you have prayer in class (and let's face it, we're talking Christian prayer - but any type would bother me), others have to sit there and listen. Why should they have to if they dont' believe? Would you demand that your child sits in silence while Muslims pray at least two of their five times a day during school hours and on your tax payer dime? Church's are there for a reason.

I see Xmas as more of a cultural expression than a religious. I'm an Athiest through and through, but I grew up with Christianity and think it is definitely part of my culture. I don't like it when you can't play the nativity scene etc, or somebody complains about Xmas trees in public places.
Simple solution.....Don't have teachers leading prayer......Give the kids the opportunity to pray to whatever religion they choose, if they so choose....And those who don't pray can sit there, but don't have to listen.

It works in our kids private school....They've been doing it that way for years.....And not one complaint from anybody.

What about morally?

LMAO!

Simple solution.....Don't have teachers leading prayer......Give the kids the opportunity to pray to whatever religion they choose, if they so choose....And those who don't pray can sit there, but don't have to listen.

It works in our kids private school....They've been doing it that way for years.....And not one complaint from anybody.

That was tried in Sana Fe ISD, Texas, twice, and the kids and adults screwed the pooch, twice. Or so SCOTUS said. A moment of silence is for everybody at the beginning of the day: for the religious and the non-religious.

As we all know the Earth was created on the back of a giant turtle, and that the "Ark" is a preposterous religious belief.

The developers are seeking incentives under the Kentucky Tourism Development Act, which allows up to 25 percent of the cost of a project to be recovered.

Under the law, the state each year returns to developers of approved projects the sales tax paid by visitors on admission tickets, food, gift sales and lodging costs. Developers have 10 years to reach the 25 percent threshold.

Advocates for church-state separation question whether the tax incentives would raise First Amendment issues.

Louisville attorney David Tachau, who successfully sued over a state appropriation for a religiously affiliated pharmacy school, said he would have to further research the issue.

“It certainly sounds as if the mechanism for supporting a particular religious dogma would violate the establishment of religious prohibitions in the state and federal constitutions, but there may be slippery ways this could pass muster,” he said.

Without this law, I'd suggest the developers simply find another state in which they could build the theme park.

Just curious. How can it be constitutional to dedicate millions of dollars of taxpayer money to promoting fundie christian beliefs?
Read the article dimwit, they are proposing incentives, it is not state funded. Good for KY.

Incentives translate to money. No taxes, etc.
Same as giving money if letting a tax cut expire is being for raising taxes.

assume for a moment that I might agree with you in theory. what happens when the majority of kids kneel when they pray? what happens to the minority who doesn't? are they ridiculed? pressured? indoctrinated?

what if the majority of the class are muslims and they have their heads on the floor and your child is the lone person standing?

freedom of religion only exists when there is freedom from religion, imo.

to me, if you can't go 8 hours without praying, perhaps you need to go to a parochial school.

Just curious. How can it be constitutional to dedicate millions of dollars of taxpayer money to promoting fundie christian beliefs?
Read the article dimwit, they are proposing incentives, it is not state funded. Good for KY.

Incentives translate to money. No taxes, etc.
Same as giving money if letting a tax cut expire is being for raising taxes.

Incentives translate to returning the collected sales taxes for 10 years. The maximum returned sales tax = 25% of the investment

Of course, without the theme park, the local and state tax revenue will be nothing, nada, ZERO.

Forum List

Back