KY Police Officer Fired After Shooting

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
So, it's ok to take a cop's gun away and shoot him because he can't use excessive force to stop me from doing so......Let's here it for the ACLU and NAACP for caring so much about a law enforement officer's life since they are always ready to file suit on behalf of our nation's garbage.

If I'd been the cop, I'd have shot him too. Better to be an ex-cop who got fired than a dead one, shot by some punk!!!

And, is that police chief crazy? "Specifically, I felt that Michael Newby was not an immediate threat to the officer's life or his physical well-being..." A guy's trying to get my gun and I am he is NOT a threat to me?!!!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2004
Ky. Police Officer Fired After Shooting

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - A Louisville police officer indicted on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of a black teenager was fired Thursday.

Police Chief Robert White said McKenzie Mattingly, 31, violated the department's use of force policy when he shot Michael Newby in January.

"Specifically, I felt that Michael Newby was not an immediate threat to the officer's life or his physical well-being. Nor was any other person in the area clearly in immediate danger because of Newby's actions," White said.

Mattingly was indicted March 5 by a grand jury on charges of murder and wanton endangerment.

Mattingly told investigators that he believed Newby, 19, was carrying a concealed weapon as the two struggled over the officer's service handgun. Police described the incident as an undercover drug buy gone awry.

The officer, who had been on paid administrative leave since the Jan. 3 shooting outside a western Louisville liquor store, has pleaded not guilty and is free on bond.

Things are pretty screwed up in Cincinnati, too. I marvel that intelligent, qualifed people still wish to become police officers.

I'm willing to bet that a jury acquits him because of the struggle, he sues the department and the city for either his job and back pay or several million.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I'm willing to bet that a jury acquits him because of the struggle, he sues the department and the city for either his job and back pay or several million.

I vote for all of the above

Originally posted by musicman
Things are pretty screwed up in Cincinnati, too. I marvel that intelligent, qualifed people still wish to become police officers.

Don't get me started!! It's ridiculous here. There is a group of black people that seem to want no laws for black citizens. The police have started to use tazer(sp?) guns and now they are bitching about that. It's ridiculous.The national media doesn't cover the stories right either. They fail to mention the cops side of the story most of the time. They love to leave little details out like-he had a sword,or he had a gun pointing it at the officer,or he had biological weapons in his hands! Thats how bad it is. The last case was a 400 pound black man wrestling the cops to the ground because he was high on drugs-but somehow thats everyone elses fault!

No lie. I saw the video on that-I'm surprised that big SOB didn't take the cop's head off. The cops did use sticks on him, but on the arms & legs only. He died of heart failure after the struggle, so of course, there followed the immediate cries of racism & police brutality. Never mind the fact that he was overweight by about two and a half people & had enough drugs in him to kill Rasputin.

The poverty pimps & purveyors of professional victimhood might have some credibility if they were ever, even once, heard to say, "Man, that's a shame, but he kind of brought it on himself." Don't hold your breath waiting to hear that.

Hey, I've got an idea! The next time a cop goes to arrest you, hold still, do what you're told, and submit to arrest! Just a helpful hint that might lead to a longer and happier life.

Well,it's like I said,they want anarchy or something. Cincinnati used to be a great place,but these leaders have ruined it. You can't even walk down the street without being called rascist. Meanwhile,in over the rhine,they are all killing each other and everyone says "where are the police"? They are not going to help you anymore,somehow,that might be rascist! The cops down here can't catch a break for nothin. I say let em all shoot each other then our city will be back to normal(criminals that is) I don't care if they are black or white

I have a friend who's a musician. Just like musicman, he's always out 'til the wee hours of the morning. Danny carries a weapon....ALWAYS.

One night Danny, who isn't a very large man, was leaving a gig near Over the Rhine. Carrying his bass & amp he found himself being followed. As he neared his car, he sat down his amp & placed his hand on the gun, still in his pocket. Danny believes that a man "packin' " presents himself with confidence.
Danny says that all he could think, of at the time was, "when I shoot this guy I wonder how fast can I get the media here?" The man must have seen the confidence in Danny's eyes, because the assailant & his buddy fled. Who knows what would have happened. But a week later, in the same spot a fabulous musician, by the name of Mike, was shot to death. They robbed him of his meager earnings for the night....$60. Maybe if Mike had had a weapon......

Forum List

Back