Kurt Schlichter....discussing Trump, never Trumpers and leftists...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Kurt Schlichter is fast becoming one of my favorite columnists........

America To The Liberal Elite: “New Phone - Who Dis?”

We Republicans are where we are, with the White House and Congress, and we have a terrific opportunity. Trump has nominated a cabinet so conservative it would make W’s cabinet soil its collective silk undies. President Trump (hell yeah) has shown a willingness to rebuild our military. He’s tossing out Obamacare. He’s driving liberals nuts. Does he have the free trade bona fides we hardcore conservatives would prefer? Nope. But then, did we address the problems that free trade caused for our own voters in a way that would make those Republican primary voters select our preferred candidates over President Trump? Nope. Maybe we hardcore conservatives need to spend some time critiquing ourselves instead of focusing solely on critiquing the guy who beat the hell out of us.

If we ideological conservatives want to have any influence in the future, we can’t do what the left has done. In the wake of Hillary’s shattering repudiation, the left gazed into the mirror and said, “Well, you look terrific. No problem here. It must be that normal Americans are racist and stupid.” And from that mindless mindset you get hilariously self-unaware videos by aging-out ingénues where they swear oaths to “protect, preserve and defend the Constitution.” That’s so adorable. When I swore my real oath thirty years ago, I wasn’t wearing Prada; I was dressed like a tree. And I feel really bad for her personal assistant when Private Messing learns that the Constitution she just swore to defend includes the Second Amendment.

Forum List

Back