Kurt Cobain

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
25 years ago today, the world lost a true legend and a musical inspiration for so many future artists. Kurt Cobain dedicated his entire life to music and art, creating both which would revolution an entire genre. You are missed everyday, Kurt

Screen-Shot-2018-05-12-at-12.43.15.png

~S~

He WAS a hack and the world is better off without any additional music from him.

Ya, not a Cobain fan. He was not all that. Grunge music was already around.

He WAS a hack and the world is better off without any additional music from him.
WHY?
His music sucked to Me. Pretty straight forward.

I didn't like his music either but your first comment is unnecessarily harsh and mean spirited.
Perhaps.

Every once in a while, I like to throw a bomb or three just for the double-take.

However, just to be clear. I don't much concern Myself with the hurt feelings of others. Pretty much just like they don't concern themselves with My hurt feelings. That is how PC crap gets started.

Keep it simple. Simply because someone is outraged does not mean they are right.

• Banned
"wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

WHY?

I didn't like his music either but your first comment is unnecessarily harsh and mean spirited.
Perhaps.

Every once in a while, I like to throw a bomb or three just for the double-take.

However, just to be clear. I don't much concern Myself with the hurt feelings of others. Pretty much just like they don't concern themselves with My hurt feelings. That is how PC crap gets started.

Keep it simple. Simply because someone is outraged does not mean they are right.
Okay. I wasn't outraged, though.

WHY?

Perhaps.

Okay. I wasn't outraged, though.
I'll have to try harder next time. :biggrin::biggrin:

Just kidding.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that I've had a Kurt Cobain quote in My sig for years? Or at all? lol

Driven to suicide by being stuck with the wrong woman, similar to Heath Ledger.

I liked Nirvana. I thought they were great on MTV unplugged, and when I saw that live with Cobain in the old green sweater I thought it was a cool show. He was a very tortured individual and probably the reason that drugs got the better of him. Then there is Courtney Love. Ugh.

Kurt Cobain died 25 years ago, yet another person taken from us way too soon, and by a gun/suicide no less. One thing that’s often left out of the conversation when it comes to gun violence is the fact that 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides. It deeply upsets me that the only time that we ever hear the conversation around mental health and gun violence is about white mass shooters, rather than the victims of suicide/shootings or the people that survive. I’ve learned over the past year that most gun violence is rooted in (political, social, economic) injustices, which breed violence and mental health problems as a result of the pain they create. The only real solutions to truly solving and violence in the United States or anywhere for that matter, is addressing, these injustices. Communities should have equal political power no matter how rich or poor they are, no matter their zip code. Actual racial justice should be brought into our country and into our history. A history where the multiple horrific genocides America was founded on are actually addressed and taught in our history books. No peace will ever be reached in these United States unless less we include these injustices in our conversation around violence and constantly strive to achieve these goals for everyone. The only way that this will ever change is if we stand up, run for office, and vote against corruption and injustice. I don’t believe in voting for either political party, only morally just leaders that care about solving injustices and achieving peace. “The duty of youth is to challenge corruption” - Kurt Cobain

Forum List

Back