"kung foo fighting "hate speech

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
A beach bar singer on the Isle of Wight has been arrested for performing the song Kung Fu Fighting. Simon Ledger stands accused of racially aggravated harassment.
He was entertaining a crowd enjoying the Easter sunshine when a man reported to be of Chinese origin took offence at the lyrics and complained to police.
Mr Ledger was subsequently interviewed and is now facing formal charges.
Over the years, I’ve made a decent living lampooning the lunacy of modern policing.
But this case takes the crispy pancake, even though there was plenty of competition from police forces all over Britain yesterday.
Kung Fu Fighting was a one-hit wonder 37 years ago for Carl Douglas. It sold nine million copies around the world and was number one on both sides of the Atlantic.
Carl Douglas would appear on stage wearing martial arts gear and a red headband, accompanied by an assortment of dancers doing karate kicks and chops. For a couple of months in 1974 there was no escape. The tune is irritatingly catchy, the lyrics banal.
‘There was funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown . . .’ You get the gist. It’s a novelty song on a par with Wombling Merry Christmas, which also topped the charts the same year.
But no one, until now, has accused Kung Fu Fighting of being racist. Carl Douglas is Jamaican and the record was produced by the Anglo-Indian disco arranger Biddu.

So what in heaven’s name were the Isle of Wight Plod thinking when they decided to arrest Mr Ledger, who has included the song in his act for years? They maintain they had no option but to investigate the complaint. Under the law passed by Labour the definition of a ‘hate crime’ is: ‘Any incident . . . which is perceived by the victim or any other person (my italics) as being motivated by prejudice or hate.’

Read more: Kung Fu Fighting racist row: Death of common sense, police are losing the plot | Mail Online

What if I went into a Jazz or Blues club and sang this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxRCefkVBr8]YouTube - Marion Williams - Swing Low Sweet Chariot[/ame]

A beach bar singer on the Isle of Wight has been arrested for performing the song Kung Fu Fighting. Simon Ledger stands accused of racially aggravated harassment.
He was entertaining a crowd enjoying the Easter sunshine when a man reported to be of Chinese origin took offence at the lyrics and complained to police.
Over the years, I’ve made a decent living lampooning the lunacy of modern policing.
But this case takes the crispy pancake, even though there was plenty of competition from police forces all over Britain yesterday.
Kung Fu Fighting was a one-hit wonder 37 years ago for Carl Douglas. It sold nine million copies around the world and was number one on both sides of the Atlantic.
Carl Douglas would appear on stage wearing martial arts gear and a red headband, accompanied by an assortment of dancers doing karate kicks and chops. For a couple of months in 1974 there was no escape. The tune is irritatingly catchy, the lyrics banal.
‘There was funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown . . .’ You get the gist. It’s a novelty song on a par with Wombling Merry Christmas, which also topped the charts the same year.
But no one, until now, has accused Kung Fu Fighting of being racist. Carl Douglas is Jamaican and the record was produced by the Anglo-Indian disco arranger Biddu.

So what in heaven’s name were the Isle of Wight Plod thinking when they decided to arrest Mr Ledger, who has included the song in his act for years? They maintain they had no option but to investigate the complaint. Under the law passed by Labour the definition of a ‘hate crime’ is: ‘Any incident . . . which is perceived by the victim or any other person (my italics) as being motivated by prejudice or hate.’

Read more: Kung Fu Fighting racist row: Death of common sense, police are losing the plot | Mail Online

I fell off my chair when I saw that...

but, of course, it is the tip of the iceberg in politically correct Euro-thinking.

Currently, we in the US are protected from this....but there are rumbles in that certain words are verboten, and some folks want to criminalize burning the koran, or boycotting speakers with whom they don't agree by contacting sponsors.....

And, along those lines.....

1. European political structure is built upon a very different tradition of constructivist rationalism; the future is endangered by the failure of many conservatives to see the dangers in a European and global governance, popular with the US administration, that lacks democratic accountability and threatens liberal freedoms.
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2008&month=06

2. The response of the European Union Commissioner for Justice, Freedom, and Security to the crisis over the Danish cartoons that sparked Muslim violence was to propose that newspapers exercise "prudence" on certain controversial subjects involving religions beginning with the letter "I."
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2008&month=08

3. “In Britain, a land with rampant property crime, undercover constables nevertheless find time to dine at curry restaurants on Friday nights to monitor adjoining tables lest someone in private conversation should make a racist remark. An author interviewed on BBC Radio expressed, very mildly and politely, some concerns about gay adoption and was investigated by Scotland Yard's Community Safety Unit for Homophobic, Racist and Domestic Incidents. A Daily Telegraph columnist is arrested and detained in a jail cell over a joke in a speech. A Dutch legislator is invited to speak at the Palace of Westminster by a member of the House of Lords, but is banned by the government, arrested on arrival at Heathrow and deported.”
Mr. van den Boogaard, a Dutch gay "humanist" (which is pretty much the trifecta of Eurocool), was reflecting on the accelerating Islamification of the Continent and concluding that the jig was up for the Europe he loved. "I am not a warrior, but who is?" he shrugged. "I have never learned to fight for my freedom. I was only good at enjoying it." In the famous Kubler-Ross five stages of grief, Mr. van den Boogard is past denial, anger, bargaining and depression, and has arrived at a kind of acceptance.
"I have never learned to fight for my freedom. I was only good at enjoying it."

Hillsdale College - Imprimis Issue

4. Canada threatens to arrest Coulter because they “put reasonable limits on free speech
» Canadian University Provost Wants to Send Me to Jail… For a Speech I Haven’t Given Yet - Big Government

5. . The decision of the European Court of Human Rights of 3 November 2009 to forbid the use of religious symbols, including the Crucifix, in public buildings, is disquieting due to its possible ramifications for the culture, identity, traditions and freedom of our nation. Such a court decision creates a dangerous precedent for the imposition by international institutions of a certain “uniform” value system reflecting only a single type of worldview on states and societies that are characterised by a diversity of cultures and traditions.

In this regard, attention must be drawn to issues of religious freedom, separation of Church and state, and individual and collective human rights. …Today the right of societies, communities and nations to cherish their identity, culture, traditions and religion, is often portrayed as being opposed to individual human rights. …That is why the decision of the European Court of Human Rights is reason for concern, as it alters the notion of freedom of religion and creates what is essentially a new “human right” not to be disturbed by religious symbols that one does not like. MercatorNet: The Cross in the dock

When singing a well like (if really really stupid) song that is in countless jukeboxes becomes a crime... jesus, I cant even come up with a good phrase to describe this idiocy.

The "victim" needs to get a life, the police need to worry about real crime, the politicians need to worry about real government issues.

This sucks.

Do you think this might smooth things over?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzC5HT1Qhmo]YouTube - Monty Python's "I Like Chinese"[/ame]

Damn, them cats were fast as Lightning!

Forum List

Back