Kudos, USMB!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I am the original owner of USMB and sold it a few years back. At that time the board had about 500k posts. I think Gunny is the main reason that this board has skyrocketed in its success. He was a great member when I owned the board and apparently is even better at being an administrator. Of course it also takes an entire community to make a board successful too, so credit also goes to the tremendous amount of contributors the board now has.

And no, don't accuse me of sucking up, my 1 post every few years won't get me special treatment around these parts. And yes, I know there are a bunch of people here who would likely prefer to see me dead, but I'm not looking for any negativity, so save it.

Just wanted to congratulate the entire community on what I see as one of the best political forums on the Internet. :clap2:

I am the original owner of USMB and sold it a few years back. At that time the board had about 500k posts. I think Gunny is the main reason that this board has skyrocketed in its success. He was a great member when I owned the board and apparently is even better at being an administrator. Of course it also takes an entire community to make a board successful too, so credit also goes to the tremendous amount of contributors the board now has.

And no, don't accuse me of sucking up, my 1 post every few years won't get me special treatment around these parts. And yes, I know there are a bunch of people here who would likely prefer to see me dead, but I'm not looking for any negativity, so save it.

Just wanted to congratulate the entire community on what I see as one of the best political forums on the Internet. :clap2:

We like it here. Thanks for creating then selling it. :)

Btw, everyone knows not to even try to suck up to Gunny.. Well not a lot anyway.

Don't be silly, Gunny has nothing to do with it. This place skyrocketed to #1 message board shortly after I arrived. :eusa_whistle:

Things like that happen when rules are consistently applied, and things are fairly run, rather than with favoritism, personal friendships, and a game playing, controlling, and manipulative mentality in mind.

No offense - just sayin.

no mention of moi? the best pretend mod...

i think you will find its evolving into more than a political forum.....

the admins and the mods are great and the posters are what they are....

Don't be silly, Gunny has nothing to do with it. This place skyrocketed to #1 message board shortly after I arrived. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't realize that there were message board ranking.

Is that list compiled by US News & World Report?

Amazing what will happen when there is mutual respect of ideas....

Yes, it is amazing. Mutual respect when posting and adhering to rules has always went a long way too.

Things like that happen when rules are consistently applied, and things are fairly run, rather than with favoritism, personal friendships, and a game playing, controlling, and manipulative mentality in mind.

No offense - just sayin.

Funny how you never voiced complaints when you asked to be a member of the staff team on countless occasions. Don't be angry that I felt your attitude and constant desire to be a part of drama would bring even more negativity to the board. It's been years now, you can safely move on with your life and let go of animosity for being overlooked so many times.

As for the rest, you're welcome. My intent was to applaud the strides the board has made over the past few years, and to give credit to Gunny for a job well done. Previously banned users and those that were outcast will always hold grudges and pass judgment. My life will continue on quite the same regardless of their feelings towards me. They'll continue to whine years after the fact and I'll laugh the same now as I did when they first whined back then.

While I did feel the need to respond with this post for whatever reason, I'll remain above the fray and away from this thread from this point out. It served its purpose, which was to congratulate the community as a whole, and specifically to Gunny for his hard work and success with the board.

Adios and best wishes to all, even those who don't like me. :)

Yes, it is amazing. Mutual respect when posting and adhering to rules has always went a long way too.

No offense - just sayin.

Funny how you never voiced complaints when you asked to be a member of the staff team on countless occasions. Don't be angry that I felt your attitude and constant desire to be a part of drama would bring even more negativity to the board. It's been years now, you can safely move on with your life and let go of animosity for being overlooked so many times.

As for the rest, you're welcome. My intent was to applaud the strides the board has made over the past few years, and to give credit to Gunny for a job well done. Previously banned users and those that were outcast will always hold grudges and pass judgment. My life will continue on quite the same regardless of their feelings towards me. They'll continue to whine years after the fact and I'll laugh the same now as I did when they first whined back then.

While I did feel the need to respond with this post for whatever reason, I'll remain above the fray and away from this thread from this point out. It served its purpose, which was to congratulate the community as a whole, and specifically to Gunny for his hard work and success with the board.

You're a liar, too. I simply said that a fair and unbiased person would ban your brother.

But, that's ok. Everyone knows the games you've played. That's why your current board, which is about 3 years old, only has about 20 *actual* members, and most of them ARE the people you repeatedly banned when you were playing your power struggle games.

MY guess is you're on drugs, and just in your whining stage again. But, DO carry on. Oh, and don't forget to respond to this after you've taken your "leave". :lol:

You're a liar, too. I simply said that a fair and unbiased person would ban your brother.

But, that's ok. Everyone knows the games you've played. That's why your current board, which is about 3 years old, only has about 20 *actual* members, and most of them ARE the people you repeatedly banned when you were playing your power struggle games.

MY guess is you're on drugs, and just in your whining stage again. But, DO carry on. Oh, and don't forget to respond to this after you've taken your "leave". :lol:

You know him so well....

I'm only here because I receive 10 cents for every post.

(YES, I'M JUST KIDDING! I only get a nickel for each post. :D)

Last edited:

No offense - just sayin.

:confused: I think we have a rule against this kind of behavior...just sayin'. Ciao!

Forum List

Back