"I will not forget the wound to our
country and those who inflicted it.
I will not yield, I will not rest, I will
not relent in waging this struggle
for freedom and security for the
American people."

George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

That is leadership,Gabby.

She didn't hear that or read that. Therefore; to her, it never happened. It doesn't exist.

GotZoom said:
She didn't hear that or read that. Therefore; to her, it never happened. It doesn't exist.

Of course not. She watches CNN. They wouldn't dare put anything on that makes a Republican Pres look good now,would they?

I've read so much of her stuff,and once in a while a ridiculous statement like the one she made gets to me. It's plain ol rhetoric!!!!

Gabriella84 said:
I don't think that is the case at all. I think, when disaster struck, Blair proved that he was a strong and compassionate leader. Since WWII, the British have always been well prepared for disaster and terror attack. I think this further points out how weak and inneffective Bush's leadership skills were.
Look at their reactions. Blair immediately reached out to the Muslim population of London, noting that the vast majority of them were peaceful citizens who did not condone the attack. Bush immediately sought to inspire hatred and hostility, which he still does.

This is an example of a NeoProg sucking on the Kool-Aid bottle...

It takes a seriously depleted memory to believe this, I mean you seriously should get attention for that Alzheimer's Disease, mayby it is CFJ either way you need some serious medical attention.

Bush spent a ton of time speaking about the peaceful Muslims and how they did not condone the attack. He often spoke against any retaliation against others because they might be Muslim.

Here is a nice place to go to read just a few of the times that he did this:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/ramadan/islam.html

And a few of those quotes:

"If liberty can blossom in the rocky soil of the West Bank and Gaza, it will inspire millions of men and women around the globe who are equally weary of poverty and oppression, equally entitled to the benefits of democratic government. I have a hope for the people of Muslim countries. Your commitments to morality, and learning, and tolerance led to great historical achievements. And those values are alive in the Islamic world today. You have a rich culture, and you share the aspirations of men and women in every culture. Prosperity and freedom and dignity are not just American hopes, or Western hopes. They are universal, human hopes. And even in the violence and turmoil of the Middle East, America believes those hopes have the power to transform lives and nations."

President George W. Bush Calls for New Palestinian Leadership
The Rose Garden, Washington, D.C.
June 24, 2002

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan

Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
October 11, 2002

Here is a nice site that you can go to that talks about the difference between what Bush says about Islam and what Bin Laden says:

Islam: A Peaceful Religion?
George W. Bush says yes, Osama Bin Laden says no. Who's right?
By Seth Stevenson
Updated Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001, at 6:06 PM PT
(NOTICE THE DATE ON THE ARTICLE Gabby)

President Bush has repeatedly stated that terrorists are not true Muslims—that Islam is at heart a peaceful religion. David Forte, a Bush adviser on Islamic issues, recently argued that Islamic radicals "engage in tactics that are far beyond what is acceptable in the Islamic moral tradition." These claims conveniently avoid stirring resentment in the world's 1 billion Muslims. But are they true? Is Islam peaceful? Or does Islam in its very nature breed and condone violence?

More at link: http://slate.msn.com/id/117525

Well, enough of memory lane. Are you convinced?

no1tovote4 said:
This is an example of a NeoProg sucking on the Kool-Aid bottle...

It takes a seriously depleted memory to believe this, I mean you seriously should get attention for that Alzheimer's Disease, mayby it is CFJ either way you need some serious medical attention.

Bush spent a ton of time speaking about the peaceful Muslims and how they did not condone the attack. He often spoke against any retaliation against others because they might be Muslim.

Here is a nice place to go to read just a few of the times that he did this:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/ramadan/islam.html

And a few of those quotes:

"If liberty can blossom in the rocky soil of the West Bank and Gaza, it will inspire millions of men and women around the globe who are equally weary of poverty and oppression, equally entitled to the benefits of democratic government. I have a hope for the people of Muslim countries. Your commitments to morality, and learning, and tolerance led to great historical achievements. And those values are alive in the Islamic world today. You have a rich culture, and you share the aspirations of men and women in every culture. Prosperity and freedom and dignity are not just American hopes, or Western hopes. They are universal, human hopes. And even in the violence and turmoil of the Middle East, America believes those hopes have the power to transform lives and nations."

President George W. Bush Calls for New Palestinian Leadership
The Rose Garden, Washington, D.C.
June 24, 2002

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."
Remarks by President George W. Bush on U.S. Humanitarian Aid to Afghanistan

Presidential Hall, Dwight David Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Washington, D.C.
October 11, 2002

Here is a nice site that you can go to that talks about the difference between what Bush says about Islam and what Bin Laden says:

Islam: A Peaceful Religion?
George W. Bush says yes, Osama Bin Laden says no. Who's right?
By Seth Stevenson
Updated Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2001, at 6:06 PM PT
(NOTICE THE DATE ON THE ARTICLE Gabby)

President Bush has repeatedly stated that terrorists are not true Muslims—that Islam is at heart a peaceful religion. David Forte, a Bush adviser on Islamic issues, recently argued that Islamic radicals "engage in tactics that are far beyond what is acceptable in the Islamic moral tradition." These claims conveniently avoid stirring resentment in the world's 1 billion Muslims. But are they true? Is Islam peaceful? Or does Islam in its very nature breed and condone violence?

More at link: http://slate.msn.com/id/117525

Well, enough of memory lane. Are you convinced?

This is a fantastic post, problem is Gabby will never see it or actually comment on it......... :lame2:

Bonnie said:
This is a fantastic post, problem is Gabby will never see it or actually comment on it......... :lame2:

Oh, she'll see it. She just won't eat the crow it takes to simply state that she was wrong. 100% unequivocally incorrect in every aspect of her post in this thread. Stunningly misinformed, ignorant of the actual truth, spouting off without supporting evidence, and (as we have repeatedly warned her) just simply saying stuff with no back-up articles will get you just this. (See Gabs, this is why we tell you to back up your opinion with links, it protects you from making such a funny and stunningly ignorant mistake such as this one. The prevention factor alone is worth it.)

I am sure that someday we will read how the President should do just that, admit his "errors", in some post from her but we will never see it from her even when she is completely in error as she was with her statement in this thread.

Forum List

Back