Kucinich probably won't try to impeach Obama

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Even though in 2008 he proposed impeachment articles against President George W. Bush over the Iraq War.

But he added in an interview on FOX News just now, "There's no question the president exceeded his constitutionally authorized authority."

Kucinich added that President Obama had an obligation to bring war plans to Congress before committing troops. "It doesn't matter that he checked with the UN. It doesn't matter that he checked with the Arab league."

Kucinich probably won't try to impeach Obama | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Well we can rest assured that obama doesn't have a doctrine for that......

Yea his fellow Democrats are ripping him a new one. I knew he would cave to the pressure eventually. But at least he did stand up. Gotta give him much Kudos for that.

Even though in 2008 he proposed impeachment articles against President George W. Bush over the Iraq War.

But he added in an interview on FOX News just now, "There's no question the president exceeded his constitutionally authorized authority."

Kucinich added that President Obama had an obligation to bring war plans to Congress before committing troops. "It doesn't matter that he checked with the UN. It doesn't matter that he checked with the Arab league."

Kucinich probably won't try to impeach Obama | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

"Liberal Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) indicated Monday night that he is willing to serve as the deciding vote against healthcare reform legislation.

The former presidential candidate voted against the House's healthcare bill in November because it lacked a "robust" public health insurance option. He called it a giveaway for the insurance industry.

To proceed on healthcare, the House will likely have to pass the Senate's bill, which does not include a public option at all, along with a package of fixes to the bill proposed by President Barack Obama.

"I told the president twice in two different meetings that I couldn't support the bill if it didn't have a robust public option" or significant consumer protections, he said on MSNBC."
Kucinich indicates willingness to be deciding vote against healthcare - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

And then....

"Maverick liberal Rep. Dennis Kucinich announced Wednesday he will vote in favor of healthcare reform, handing Democrats a crucial vote. "
Rep. Kucinich to vote yes on healthcare bill, giving needed boost to Democrats - TheHill.com

So, Dennis maintained his street cred, then did just what Democrats always do: fall in line.

What have we learned?
You can place any modifier in front of "Democrat," and the modifier remains silent.

Yea his fellow Democrats are ripping him a new one. I knew he would cave to the pressure eventually. But at least he did stand up. Gotta give him much Kudos for that.

I give him kudos, but I didn't think he would cave. They must've threatened him with something big to get him to drop it.

Forum List

Back