KTLK Saturday Morning Roundtable: T-Paw's January

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
With the recount looming and Emmers talking lawsuit due to many voting irregularities, it is a 50/50 chance at this point that Tim Pawlenty will be still in power when the new Republican legislature comes to session in January in MN.

One of the hosts of the KTLK Saturday Morning Roundtable (Ron Rosenbaum, Sue Jeffers, Chris Baker) suggested that T-Paw would be well served to push through election reform that has been stymied by elite leftists who have been in control for over 40 years in this state. He could do it consequence free and possibly a feather in his cap come 2012 when he runs for president.

Not only that, the republican legislature could ram a lot of legislation reforms that had been blocked for decades by the libs in this state and do some real political change for the better in this state before Emmer or Dayton take office.

There are those screaming that doing so would be a disaster for the state and conservatism, but really, It's hard to see a downside to fixing decades of bad management by the left.

With the recount looming and Emmers talking lawsuit due to many voting irregularities, it is a 50/50 chance at this point that Tim Pawlenty will be still in power when the new Republican legislature comes to session in January in MN.

One of the hosts of the KTLK Saturday Morning Roundtable (Ron Rosenbaum, Sue Jeffers, Chris Baker) suggested that T-Paw would be well served to push through election reform that has been stymied by elite leftists who have been in control for over 40 years in this state. He could do it consequence free and possibly a feather in his cap come 2012 when he runs for president.

Not only that, the republican legislature could ram a lot of legislation reforms that had been blocked for decades by the libs in this state and do some real political change for the better in this state before Emmer or Dayton take office.

There are those screaming that doing so would be a disaster for the state and conservatism, but really, It's hard to see a downside to fixing decades of bad management by the left.

And judging from the map of other States that have gone RED? I see alot of Fixing going on among the States...albiet the Blue Pockets will go on with their failed policies, and expect the rest of the States to bail their asses out.

I think the hand's writing on the wall on the idea of state bailouts from the fed. The bailout meme is dying a horrific wasting death as nobody has anything left to bail out with. I'll be happier still when states stop bailing out all municipalities and counties too. Force those idiot leftists who've been running most local governments for decades to stand on their own wisdom and work. that's when the tax revolt will REALLY kick off.

Last edited:
I think the hand's writing on the wall on the idea of state bailouts from the fed. The bailout meme is dying a horrific wasting death as nobody has anything left to bail out with. I'll be happier still when states stop bailing out all municipalities and counties too. Force those idiot leftists who've been running most local governments for decades to stand on their own wisdom and work. that's when the tax revolt will REALLY kick off.

And on present course? What you tout will be what will happen. What will government do when the people hold them accountable and refuse to bend to their whims?

There has to be a breaking point...

And on present course? What you tout will be what will happen. What will government do when the people hold them accountable and refuse to bend to their whims?

There has to be a breaking point...
As much as the left may whine, there are economic laws that are as inflexible as the physical ones. And broke, is broke.

Forum List

Back