Krugman's very very simple solution to end this depression

Discussion in 'Economy' started by EdwardBaiamonte, Jun 14, 2012.

1. EdwardBaiamonte

EdwardBaiamonte Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,049
    He says very very clearly in his book that the government should spend money exactly like it did when WW II started to end this current depression the way it ended the Great Depression.

Does any liberal dare to think that by producing about 100 million planes tanks ships heavy weapons and tanks that it would help rather than hurt our economy??

Krugman is a Nobel liberal but not a soul will dare defend the pure stupidity of his liberalism which is now everyone's liberalism.

Krugman is great because he's the best they got and even the common liberal knows in his heart that Krugman is a liberal and so that liberalism is nutty.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Certainly you don't think he meant actually building weapons, do you?

3. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Just had to check your post, to see if it is the normal tea party dogma. And sure enough, it is. Normally cons argue that the great depression ended because of WWII. Which it did, actually. Unemployment had been going down. But World War II was the ULTIMATE in stimulus spending. Put everyone to work. So, yes, there is no doubt that putting people to work on that scale would end the unemployment issue.

At any rate, ed, you have given us an odd choice. Believe a Nobel prize winning economist, or believe you. My money is on the big guy. (In case you are wondering, you are not the big guy).

4. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,049
    yes, I'm 100% positive he thinks building weapons now would do exactly what he thinks it did in the Great Depression, i.e., end it.

5. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,049

ah but we're talking about the unemployment strawman. Will the total idiot liberal say if it would end the depression and how on earth that is possible??

Do you see any liberals coming to your defense?? What does that tell you???

6. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    No chance he might have meant, say, rebuilding America's crumbling infrastructure?

7. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,049
    no no chance at all. He was illustrating that it doesn't matter much what you spend the money on. We bought weapons then and he thinks it worked then and would work now.

What do you think? Why are you so afraid?

Do you see any liberals coming to defend the basic idea of liberal economics. What does that tell you about liberal character and IQ??
    Liberals have feelings and prejudices but they have no brains.

8. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Ed, me boy. Your post is a bit hard to imagine.
    Strawman? You need to get a grip, ed me boy. Go look up strawman. Unemployment is an actual problem.

So, I am not sure that it is possible to explain anything to you. I have done so over and over. Ed, you are a tea bagger, and have no interest in anything buy spouting tea party dogma. You are completely incapable of conversation.

So, again, in the vain of the saying "consider the source", I will take your attempted insult as praise.

So, ed, in relation to why gov spending works, let me discuss one of your heroes, Reagan. A year after his huge tax decrease, he had major economic problems. The deficit was spiraling through the roof, and unemployment had increased form 7% to 10.5%.

With me so far, ed.

Ok, so what did Ronald do??? Why he increased taxes (to decrease the deficit and to provide $ to hire). Actually increased taxes 11 times. And, he borrowed more than all presidents before him combined. Nearly tripled the national debt.

Still with me, ed. I think you probably checked out by now, but who knows.

Then, he spent like crazy. It is called Stimulus Spending, ed. And unemployment went down. And the deficit decreased..

Still had economic problems in the end, but he left those to his VP in the next presidency.

If you need more educating, let me know, ed. But I think you need a remedial class.

9. EdwardBaiamonte

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,049
    too stupid why change the subject to Reagan?? Krugman didn't do that; he said, buy weapons to end this depression.

Why can't the idiot liberal explain why that most basic principle of liberalism will work!!

10. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Ed, me boy. You are a consumate liar. You take a statement that was "even if you did the following" and made it sound as if he is saying we should use the same tactic again.

I have read enough to know, without any doubt of any kind, that Krugman does not advocate war spending except in cases of war. And yes, indeed. He does advocate spending on the infrastructure as one of the most rational stimulus projects.

And you see, I can prove what I said. But you made the charge, so go get the quotes that can be verified to prove your case.

Can't do it, can you, ed me boy.