Krugman- nobel laureate economist, spot-on again

How many Nobel prizes in econ you have Frank1400PennAve :eusa_think: Same goes for ShackledNation :eusa_whistle: :boohoo:
You don't need a Nobel prize to see through Krugman's BS. But you do need a brain capable of independent thought, which--given your completely childish response--you seem to lack.:rolleyes-41:
do you have anything of substance to add or are you just here to bloviate? Anything on his Prize in the field of New Trade Theory & General Equilibrium Models? :eusa_think:
Do I have anything of substance? How ironic considering your response to my first post contained none of it. Move along troll.
"move along"?. Who is the OP? I'll give you a hint- it isn't you :rofl: Looks like you are the clueless one here

How many Nobel prizes in econ you have Frank1400PennAve :eusa_think: Same goes for ShackledNation :eusa_whistle: :boohoo:
You don't need a Nobel prize to see through Krugman's BS. But you do need a brain capable of independent thought, which--given your completely childish response--you seem to lack.:rolleyes-41:
do you have anything of substance to add or are you just here to bloviate? Anything on his Prize in the field of New Trade Theory & General Equilibrium Models? :eusa_think:
Do I have anything of substance? How ironic considering your response to my first post contained none of it. Move along troll.

still waiting for a liberal to tell us something of substance the libcommie Krugman was spot on about!!

"By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's." -Paul Krugman

But Paul Krugman, the Nobel Prize-winning New York Times columnist, was calling the VA’s Veteran’s Health Administration “a huge policy success story” that “offers important lessons for future health reform” as recently as 2011.

Paul Krugman - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Krugman was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences (informally the Nobel Prize in Economics), the sole recipient for 2008. This prize includes an award of about $1.4 million and was given to Krugman for his work associated with New Trade Theory and the New Economic Geography.[80] In the words of the prize committee, "By having integrated economies of scale into explicit general equilibrium models, Paul Krugman has deepened our understanding of the determinants of trade and the location of economic activity.
I read Krugman's paper and all I can say is that its the Nobel Committee equivalent of hanging kindergarten art work on the fridge with a big "look what Paul did!" Sign around it

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

what do you disagree w/ him on his work concerning New Trade Theory & his view on integrated economies of scale into explicit general equilibrium models? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/03/opinion/paul-krugman-business-vs-economics.html?ref=opinion&_r=0
(snip)
The answer, to quote the title of a paper I published many years ago, is that a country is not a company. National economic policy, even in small countries, needs to take into account kinds of feedback that rarely matter in business life. For example, even the biggest corporations sell only a small fraction of what they make to their own workers, whereas even very small countries mostly sell goods and services to themselves.

So think of what happens when a successful businessperson looks at a troubled economy and tries to apply the lessons of business experience. He or (rarely) she sees the troubled economy as something like a troubled company, which needs to cut costs and become competitive. To create jobs, the businessperson thinks, wages must come down, expenses must be reduced; in general, belts must be tightened. And surely gimmicks like deficit spending or printing more money can’t solve what must be a fundamental problem.

In reality, however, cutting wages and spending in a depressed economy just aggravates the real problem, which is inadequate demand. Deficit spending and aggressive money-printing, on the other hand, can help a lot.

Its really that simple. Took a Nobel laureate :cool-45: to point it out to you people.

Krugman's Nobel was not in Macroeconomics. Why do so many people not know that?

It's like Carl Sagan pontificating about brain surgery.

so because he rec'd a Nobel in one field of Economics means he knows nothing about any other aspect of Economics? :doubt:

so because he rec'd a Nobel in one field of Economics means he knows nothing about any other aspect of Economics? :doubt:

No. But he's not a Nobel Laureate in that field so using the credential to bolster his point makes you look ignorant.

That said, plenty of Geologists and Physicists disagree with AGW but since they aren't "Climatologists" their publications are denied so.....

Krugman's problem is that he's all theory, and his track record of predictions is dismal. That doesn't make him stupid, but it doesn't mean we should implement his ideas either.

what do you disagree w/ him on his work concerning New Trade Theory & his view on integrated economies of scale into explicit general equilibrium models? :eusa_think:
I don't disagree at all. His paper was "people like to buy stuff! Ohh, and the don't have to buy it from their next door neighbors!!"

Like I said its kindergarten

I don't disagree at all. His paper was "people like to buy stuff! Ohh, and the don't have to buy it from their next door neighbors!!"

the hyperbole meter just went off the scales w/ that one Frank1400PennAve lol

the hyperbole meter just went off the scales w/ that one Frank1400PennAve lol
so is dotcom ever going to say anything in defense of Krugman?

Wonder if the prize winner (Paul) is working on his next econ Thesis? Too bad we don't have any Righties here who know much about economics.

Demand side economics has failed every time it's been tried. Every attempt to stimulate demand has resulted in higher spending but no improvement.
Every time supply side economics has been tried it has succeeded.

David Stockman - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"(Social Security) has to be means-tested. And Medicare needs to be means-tested...Let the Bush tax cuts expire. Let the capital gains go back to the same rate as ordinary income."[24]

"The Republican Party has totally abdicated its job in our democracy, which is to act as the guardian of fiscal discipline and responsibility. They're on an anti-tax jihad -- one that benefits the prosperous classes."[25]

"I invest in anything that Bernanke can’t destroy, including gold, canned beans, bottled water and flashlight batteries."[26]

"Ninety-two percent of the wealth is owned by five percent of the people." (Bloomberg TV 2013)

"Ninety-two percent of the wealth is owned by five percent of the people." (Bloomberg TV 2013)

so do you want liberal men with guns to steal their wealth or do you want people to stop buying stuff from Jobs and Gates to make them poor?

Forum List

Back