Krugman Nails GOP Lunatic Hypocrisy

Yeha didn't he win some award and isn't he a professor and much more educated than most/all on here criticizing him?

Yep just diss experts and let Joe the Plumber run our economy :)

I'm starting to like Paul Krugman more and more as time goes on.
Today's NYT:

Republicans are now posing as staunch defenders of a program they have hated ever since the days when Ronald Reagan warned that Medicare would destroy America's freedom.

Nor is it even the fact that, as House speaker, Mr. Gingrich personally tried to ram through deep cuts in Medicare - and, in 1995, went so far as to shut down the federal government in an attempt to bully Bill Clinton into accepting those cuts.

After all, you could explain this about-face by supposing that Republicans have had a change of heart, that they have finally realized just how much good Medicare does.

And if you believe that, I've got some mortgage-backed securities you might want to buy.
:rofl:

No, what's truly mind-boggling is this: Even as Republicans denounce modest proposals to rein in Medicare's rising costs, they are, themselves, seeking to dismantle the whole program.

You probably find Dane Cook poignant too I bet.

Yeha didn't he win some award and isn't he a professor and much more educated than most/all on here criticizing him?

Yep just diss experts and let Joe the Plumber run our economy :)

At least you spelled "plumber" correctly this time.

How do you pronounce it in Obamaspeak...... "plum-Ber"???

COLBERT: How many employees do you, Paul Krugman have?

KRUGMAN: Um, I have –

COLBERT: Have you ever created one job?

COLBERT: Have you ever run one business?

KRUGMAN: No.

COLBERT: So much as a hot dog stand?

KRUGMAN: No. In fact, I have not.

COLBERT: So you are a theoretician.

KRUGMAN: This is true.

COLBERT: So you are like a theologian, okay?

KRUGMAN: Right.

COLBERT: A theologian can write about martyrdom, but only the martyr goes into the fire. True?

KRUGMAN: Yes.

Read more: Krugman on Colbert: Bushies Were Stupid, and They Were Crazy | NewsBusters.org

why did you quit quoting before you got to this?
KRUGMAN: Um, you know, business got us into this, right?

COLBERT: Then they can get us out. They know the way. [Laughter] They go back up that slippery slope. That's where we came down.

KRUGMAN: There's a line actually that some of us use. You know, you do need people who know where the bodies are buried and maybe the best people are the people who put the bodies there. [Audience moans.] But I think not quite in this case.

Read more: Krugman on Colbert: Bushies Were Stupid, and They Were Crazy | NewsBusters.org

And BTW... Obama and Gore and Arafat won Nobel's... so they are obviously giving them out to anybody.

Without Googling, I recall that Newt wanted to slow the growth and the LMSM called that a "CUT"

OK, Now I google

Yup, GOP called for a 14% reduction in PROJECTED SPENDING over 7 years and the Moonbats howled CUTS!!

Last edited:
I really am starting to like this guy...at least lately I am :lol:
Yeah, It's really cute when you progressives find a new idol to worship, after all Marx, Mao, Castro, Wilson, FDR, Chavez and Obama must get old after a while.
Not being a Progressive, I can't truly address your idiocy...but I can thank you for acknowledging my statement, wich infers I do not always like, agree with or worship Paul Krugman.

COLBERT: How many employees do you, Paul Krugman have?

COLBERT: Have you ever created one job?

COLBERT: Have you ever run one business?

KRUGMAN: No.

COLBERT: So much as a hot dog stand?

KRUGMAN: No. In fact, I have not.

COLBERT: So you are a theoretician.

KRUGMAN: This is true.

COLBERT: So you are like a theologian, okay?

KRUGMAN: Right.

COLBERT: A theologian can write about martyrdom, but only the martyr goes into the fire. True?

KRUGMAN: Yes.

why did you quit quoting before you got to this?
KRUGMAN: Um, you know, business got us into this, right?

COLBERT: Then they can get us out. They know the way. [Laughter] They go back up that slippery slope. That's where we came down.

KRUGMAN: There's a line actually that some of us use. You know, you do need people who know where the bodies are buried and maybe the best people are the people who put the bodies there. [Audience moans.] But I think not quite in this case.

Because I was illustrating that Krugman, like Obama, is just another pinhead who has never really done anything but run his piehole.

Last edited:
Paul Robin Krugman (pronounced /ˈkruːɡmən/;[3] born February 28, 1953) is an American economist, columnist and author. He is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times.[4][5] In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions to New Trade Theory and New Economic Geography. He was voted sixth in Prospect Magazine's 2005 global poll of the world's top 100 intellectuals.[6]

Paul Krugman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Krugman has written books so he is at least as smart as Palin :D

Wow, really.. that's it? Tommy Chong wrote a book too.... you certainly impose grand standards on the people you look up too.

Psssstttt... Sara Palin has served as a Governor of a U.S. State. Krugman admits he's never really done anything.

Last edited:
Yea but anyone with common sense knows that Krugman is a Lunatic Liberal Nutter. He falls under Gollum Emanuel's wise assessment..."Liberal activists are F*cking Retards." Well said Mr. Emanuel.

RWL @ USMB Alert!

another empty attack. proof positive again that without a talking point memo, the right is bankrupt of ideas and a defense .

and

thank you for sharing

:cool:
D.

He may be as smart as a tree full of owls, but he is also as honest as a winter's day in Point Barrow is long. What is the point of a guy who knows the truth if he turns his back on it?

I would agree with him on this one. I think the only reason republicans are defending Medicare now is because of the high elderly population that is now claiming benefits from it or is about to. That demographic always comes out to vote, so having them in your corner is a good thing politically. If they can successfully pull off the image of being defenders of Medicare against the Democrats who want to cut it, then that could help out in the upcoming election.

Yep, it's hypocritical, but you can more than expect that from both parties when it's convenient for them before or during an election.
The first page is filled with Krugman's analysis, yet all we mostly get to read is shit talking RWL crap?

Wow!

Had to get to post number 13, on the first page to get even a semblance of lucidity....is this poster a right winger or tea party bagger? I would think not, but I've been wrong before...once or twice
either way...thanks to this poster for a rational attempt at message board posting.
*grin

Krugman knows about how bidness works in Actual Reality as much as Charles Barkley can tell me about downhill skiing.

I don't even know how its humanly possible for Krugman to be so totally wrong about everything he's written about. It's beyond all odds.

Krugman knows about how bidness works in Actual Reality as much as Charles Barkley can tell me about downhill skiing.

Well apparently those far more educated and experienced than you disagree with your assesment.

Other eggheads who never ran a business or worked a private sector job believe Krugman.

Wow, how'd that get passed me?

And why wouldn't you? after all he's a hyper-partisan progressive that's gone off the Keynesian Deep End, just like you.

Try Refuting Krugman...If you can.
:lol:
Naw, It's more fun pointing out how Mr. "I ain't a progressive" keeps collecting progressive idols to fawn over, not to mention I stopped paying any attention to anything that Krugman had to say years ago, after all one can only tolerate so much Keynesian nonsense and partisan pom-pom waving from a man that should know better.

gasp! public admission of ignorance and closed mindedness?

what can I say? I'm speechless.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back