Krugman: Deficits are bad, Bad, BAD BAD!!!

Really now.

What exactly failed? Did we suddenly have massive crop failures? * * * *

WTF are you talking about? Do you imagine that economic policies are related to crop failures?

You might imagine you are making some "good" point, but your underlying assumptions are largely unstated and your writing style suffers great lack of clarity as a result.

Try again.

You cut my post by 90% and fail to address any of it..and I have "writting problems?"

How much more clearer do you want it?

Real wealth is produced by agriculture, manufacturing, and mining.

Everything else is numbers games and services.

I have not accused you of having writting problems, whatever the fuck that might be.

I have suggested that there is something wrong with the way you think and the way you communicate that addled shit.

Wealth is produced by those willing to engage in what we might call capitalist behavior.

With that in mind, how the fuck do you imagine the GOVERNMENT spending money that we don't have and have no genuine prospect of EVER having is a good thing? (And as long as you care to address wealth production, face reality: the money the Government spends isn't money they have produced; it is money the Government takes from wealth producers at the expense of the latter's ability to produce additional wealth.)

You cut my post by 90% and fail to address any of it..and I have "writting problems?"

this is the second time in 2 days I am reminding you that you made an argument that government drives the economy..are you backing off that now?

Not at all.

The government is a major consumer of private sector goods and services.

I even posted a thread related to that, that turned to crap because none of you guys got it.

some of us worry about crowding out.

Krugman wanted even more Stimulus and directed to plug deficits in state and local governments.

"In practice, it was even worse, because one of the key elements of the plan — aid to state and local governments — was cut back sharply in the Senate. We ended up with only about $600 billion of real stimulus over that two-year period."

How Did We Know The Stimulus Was Too Small? - NYTimes.com

We need more of that type of Failed Stimulus like the Titanic needed to hit a second iceberg to try to close the hole caused by the first.

Krugman was completely right.

The stimulus didn't work as well as it should have because it was to small and half of it was tax cuts..a proven non-stimulating strategy when it comes to the economy.

Governors, both Democratic and Republican, used stimulus money to plug holes in their state deficits. Heck..Rick Perry even bragged about having a "balanced" Budget last year. And that was because he used stimulus money to balance it.

And while that was good for saving state jobs..it didn't really create any..in terms of spending on infrastructure..which by the way..is direly needed. Even in NYC and around the state..the roads are in crummy shape. And by "crummy", I really mean they are crumbling. I recently drove over the George Washington bridge..and I was absolutely shocked about that state of the roads and bridges.

It's nuts. And we have a good reason to fix things as well.

Plugging union-caused deficits in states budgets does NOT stimulate the US economy!

Krugman is wrong again in the trillion column

this is the second time in 2 days I am reminding you that you made an argument that government drives the economy..are you backing off that now?

Not at all.

The government is a major consumer of private sector goods and services.

I even posted a thread related to that, that turned to crap because none of you guys got it.

The money with which the government does it's CONSUMING is OUR money. IT is money TAKEN from the actual wealth producers, lessening the available capital with which THEY might generate additional wealth.

Government does not produce wealth. Government is incapable of producing wealth unless they use money they don't earn to engage in "business" -- and they have no legitimate basis to do that.

Forum List

Back