Kristol Nacht

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Israel's right-wing wants to maintain the occupation status-quo - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Israel's right-wing wants to maintain the occupation status-quo

At a recent debate with J-Street's Ben-Ami, rightist intellectual William Kristol helped answer a question the right has been avoiding: What do you intend to happen if you do not end the occupation?

By David Landau | May.17, 2012 | 8:16 PM | 2

Text size

Comments (2)

Print Page

Send to friend

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

this story is by

David Landau

related tags

Israel US

Barack Obama

A civilized, serious debate about Israel held on New York's Upper West Side this week understandably aroused correspondent Chemi Shalev's wistful jealousy. Pro-peace activist Jeremy Ben-Ami, the founder of J-Street, and rightist intellectual William Kristol, founder of The Weekly Standard, crossed oratorical swords over the painful issues of peace and occupation, and, while most of the audience seemed to side with Ben-Ami, both men were heard and treated with dignity, and treated each other with dignity, too.

"As an Israeli observer," Shalev wrote, "I must admit I found myself envious of the ability of the two debaters and of their audience to conduct such a potentially volatile political debate in an atmosphere of mutual respect. In Israel, I suspect, such civilized debates may no longer be possible."

Shalev attributed the respectful atmosphere, in part at least, to the relatively moderate tone and tenor of Kristol's remarks. He was not vulgar or offensive in reference to President Obama. And he proclaimed his support, in principle, for the two-state solution. Indeed, both debaters strove to eschew emotive extremism in their presentations.

Israel's right-wing wants to maintain the occupation status-quo - Haaretz Daily (Garbage)
So what? Palistanians don't want a state occupationally. Besides, they have never been a state sovereign to claim occupation-schmuckcupation in the first place. Humanitarian transfer of palistanians is the only way out. I declare this as the only one, who, actually, loves palistanians. Doh!

Israel's right-wing wants to maintain the occupation status-quo - Haaretz Daily (Garbage)
So what? Palistanians don't want a state occupationally. Besides, they have never been a state sovereign to claim occupation-schmuckcupation in the first place. Humanitarian transfer of palistanians is the only way out. I declare this as the only one, who, actually, loves palistanians. Doh!

...they have never been a state sovereign to claim occupation...

Then how was Palestine occupied by Egypt and Jordan for almost two decades?

Doc Mauser, has a ring to it...Is that a German Name? Wasn't a Mauser some type of WWll German rifle? Do you suggest Crescent armbands and a one way railroad ticket?

At least your an honest ZioNazi!

Last edited:
This thread is disgusting, the OP probably doesn't know what KRISTALLNACHT was & thought the word is cute. Sicko.

Then how was Palestine occupied by Egypt and Jordan for almost two decades?
Cool! So, who were those palistanian shakhs, emirs, pashas, sultans, presidents, prime-ministers of Egypt and Jordan (stolen to bribe arabs, bth.)?

Doc Mauser, has a ring to it...Is that a German Name? Wasn't a Mauser some type of WWll German rifle? Do you suggest Crescent armbands and a one way railroad ticket? At least your an honest ZioNazi!
Damn! Not a single day goes without philistine allegations! So sad.

Forum List

Back